Money has ruined us

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Money has ruined us

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:04 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I'm totally & utterly against booing the team & the manager & I certainly don't want Mancini sacked but even so, this is just about the biggest load of shite thread I've ever read & makes me wonder if the OP only started watching City since the takeover.

Boring football has ALWAYS been bood off at City & traditionally Managers who don't change it get driven out. MCFC has a history of attacking football & Mancini will have to learn how to attack if he's to stay as manager.

We also have a history of winning fuck all, yet we are probably closer now to winning something now than in any point in the last 40 years.

So the only way to win anything is by playing boring football? Is that seriously what you're saying or are you just spouting shite without even thinking about what your comments suggest? If so why not put some fucking thought into it before replying?

Calm down big man. I did put thought into my comment.

When did I say the only way to win anything was by playing boring football? Some people on here seem to be expecting Barcelona-type football, but considering the low base we're starting from that will take time. Whether you like it or not, we are currently in the best position we have been in for a very long time. I want to see City achieve something more than anything else in the world, and I will not complain if we do so playing the type of football we currently are.

I think the football will improve over time with Mancini. But the fact is we must finish in the top 4 this season and we currently look on course to achieve that. A few people on here having been wanking over Spurs recently, but they have been pushing for the top 4 positions for the last 4/5 years now. Also, we are currently above them. I would love us to play great football constantly but very few teams do unfortunately.

I still have faith in Mancini and believe he can get us into the top 4 this season, and I know I'll be happy with it even if it's not particularly pretty along the way.

Let me know if I need to put more thought into my answer again.

Thanks
xx

So what the fuck has any of that got anything remotely to do with what I said ? xx
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:10 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:no two ways about that, best fans in the world? not even close, ashamed to be a blue today and not because of the lads and staff on the pitch.

Totally agree mate.

I'm ashamed you're a blue too.

the_georgian_genius wrote:wheres the humour gone?

Don't know what you mean by that either...

the_georgian_genius wrote:got a text of a scouse supporting mate today that said it all "i thought you lot were singing non stop about mancini last week as a show of solidarity and only a week later you are singing you don't know what your doing? typical city fans, does not suprise me one bit"

my reply "it doesn't suprise me either, allthough you are the same"

his reply "true, at least you didn't get beat by stoke"

me "we'll see in two weeks, fancy going to craigs for the haye fight?"

him "yeah, pick you up at 8?"

me "sound"

Comedy gold.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:17 pm

There was a lot of humour where I was too. Several of us spent most of the last 10 mins pissing ourselves laughing at comments by some of the the clueless whinging nutters around us & watching them storm out swearing loudly. Attention seeking pillocks.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby s1ty m » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:50 pm

I think you are wrong GG.

Money is making us into a real threat and force. The set up is superb, we just have a management team on the playing side that is grossly incompetent. Evidently. We won't finish 4th, IMO. 6th perhaps. I blame Mancini and daft buys like Boateng, useless coaches and pathetic, spineless football with tactical immaturity. It's a blend that will fail.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:29 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:In my 10+ years of remembering supporting City, these are my least enjoyable.

What he said, but a bit longer.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Crossie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:40 pm

OP - Go support Blackpool if you want honest excitment.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:20 pm

You might think I was booing like a good un with the rest but it isn't really my thing. Besides that I was stood open mouthed in amazement at the decision taken.
It was very strange, almost like Mancini was being bloody minded and showing he could make any decision he liked. On the other hand i did say that Carlito might be carrying a knock, which we've been hearing for a while. We aren't privy to how serious it is.
Bloke two rows back was making the point that the football is as bad as under Pearce. The difference is that we all knew that Pearce had fuck all to work with.
I too believe this to be some of the least enjoyable times I've had as a City fan. I've been to just one away game this season and I can't imagine I'll be rushing to watch us away from home anytime soon.
I struggle to find the enthusiasm to get to the home games, even though I have a seasoncard. I went ten years without missing a home game and now when everything should be fabulous as we get the pay off for all the patience we've shown over time, it's so dull I can be barely be arsed getting on the train.
Even the weather is becoming a consideration now ffs, and I always thought that excuse was for part time pussies.
But I believe it is the same Blues now as it has always been. The feller next to me managed to laugh about how bad we were, fair play to him.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:06 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:In my 10+ years of remembering supporting City, these are my least enjoyable.

What he said, but a bit longer.

Daft, daft statements.

The present always seems bad and the past glorious, but fuck me there's some terrible memories on here. When we were last in the top four?

Saturday was a bit grim, despite the 24 shots, but fortunately (is it?) I can still remember every bit of compounded pain in the last 40 years.

How I envy you fuckers with nil memory.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:17 pm

It's not a comment about the position we are in. It's a statement that it isn't enjoyable.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:22 pm

i agree there is a lack of sense of humour where there was one. but ever since i have been watching city there has been a tendancy from us as supporters to get angry at our own players. this has nothing to do with the money coming in i can remember the same divisions and disagreements watching games under joe royle and onwards.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 pm

colonel_muck wrote:i agree there is a lack of sense of humour where there was one. but ever since i have been watching city there has been a tendancy from us as supporters to get angry at our own players. this has nothing to do with the money coming in i can remember the same divisions and disagreements watching games under joe royle and onwards.

Is it because we are so desperate to win something, rip that banner down and get rid of the 'Typical City' tag I wonder?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:41 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I really do give up. Today was obviously all the fans fault and them daring to dream that a quality squad could beat a current bottom 3 side, similar to the Wolves game for that matter. They were also wrong to give dissent after taking our star striker off, and off their heads for daring to believe they could see some decent football.

I'm off to bed, I didn't think the day could get any worse!

Today was the fault of Mancini and the players, todays performance was not good enough, the entertainment on show was not good enough.

I am not just talking about today, i am talking about recent months, today was the straw that broke the camels back as far as im concerned. The old city support that i enjoyed and my father enjoyed is now resting in piece with Maine Road and all the other icons we have lost over the year.

This new modern football, rich boys, impaitent city fans is one i do not like.

These are the same fans who've followed this club up and down the leagues, paying good money to support the club. I don't know if you were there today, or even Wednesday, but the game just drained away any enthusiasm that was left in the usually happy go lucky fans (at one point I could actually hear the players talking to each other on the pitch). This wasn't just made up of today's game, but of a number of mind-numbing encounters over a long period, today was just the tipping point. So, don't go getting all 'oh so hurt' because a few decided they'd had enough, they've actually earned their right to do so.

Money isn't everything to some, but to see a decent performance is.

had enough? see this is EXCATLY what i am talking about. You sound like we are on the verge of relegation and given up all hope of surviving. We are 4th in the league, 3 points clear of 5th and half way through november with a manager and a squad that has yet to reach it's first anniversary and you have had enough?????

Thanks for proving it mate even though intentionally you didn't mean to, city fans have changed even if they don't know it, every fan of opposistion clubs have noticed it and city fans themseleves are starting to notice it and this is not an attack on city because its city, it would happen to any club with this huge amount of investement, i just thought we would be different, silly me.

I do agree with georgian genius here. Fans are going on like its the worse football weve seen in years. You all moaned at hughes and you all moaned at pearce, and svens second half of the season. The atmosphere is a joke and it was from kick off, NOT half way through the game. Going to the game, it was dead, I didnt recognise many people on saturday as they weren't at the game. There were empty seats, and you could hear the players talking. I had no voice from wednesday/ the flu but i was still going ape shit for 90 mins.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:i agree there is a lack of sense of humour where there was one. but ever since i have been watching city there has been a tendancy from us as supporters to get angry at our own players. this has nothing to do with the money coming in i can remember the same divisions and disagreements watching games under joe royle and onwards.

Is it because we are so desperate to win something, rip that banner down and get rid of the 'Typical City' tag I wonder?

yes mate thats exactly what it is, but i'm just saying that its not since the money came in. its always been there. i'm one of them screaming at barry, booing mancini. do i enjoy booing my own team? no. do i want to get my frustration across? yes. i think this is the same for many other city fans.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:26 pm

colonel_muck wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

yes mate thats exactly what it is, but i'm just saying that its not since the money came in. its always been there. i'm one of them screaming at barry, booing mancini. do i enjoy booing my own team? no. do i want to get my frustration across? yes. i think this is the same for many other city fans.

I know mate, but in truth the money has raised the bar a little bit higher and I'd suggest that not one person can say that expectations aren't impacted as a result. Not that it is ruining people, but more of giving greater belief that has recently been dashed.

I'd also say that Saturday was the game that broke the camels back as we all know since the 1st few games, Mancini's remit has been to sort out the defence. He's done this admirably but seems to be failing in his duties with regard to the rest of the game. Hopefully this has been an eye-opener for him and make him realise that many will just not accept that type of game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I know mate, but in truth the money has raised the bar a little bit higher and I'd suggest that not one person can say that expectations aren't impacted as a result. Not that it is ruining people, but more of giving greater belief that has recently been dashed.

I'd also say that Saturday was the game that broke the camels back as we all know since the 1st few games, Mancini's remit has been to sort out the defence. He's done this admirably but seems to be failing in his duties with regard to the rest of the game. Hopefully this has been an eye-opener for him and make him realise that many will just not accept that type of game.

i really really hope so mate, but i'll remain sceptical i'm afraid.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:36 pm

In my 35+years supporting City i have seen some dire shite but then we could not dare to dream.Now the way i see it we can dare to dream but our dream master in chief is turning it into a nightmare with the negative game plans and tactical decisions he is making.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:17 am

alot of replies on here have just proved what i wrote originally.

Thanks for proving it lads!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby gillie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:26 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:alot of replies on here have just proved what i wrote originally.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Dont try to be all freudian GG it does'nt suit you mate your op has proved nothing imo apart from getting posters reaction to Saturdays game which was dire as an entertaiment spectacle.When i pay out money to be entertained thats what i expect not the mine numbingly dross that was served up for my pounds on Saturday.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:27 am

gillie wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:alot of replies on here have just proved what i wrote originally.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Dont try to be all freudian GG it does'nt suit you mate your op has proved nothing imo apart from getting posters reaction to Saturdays game which was dire as an entertaiment spectacle.When i pay out money to be entertained thats what i expect not the mine numbingly dross that was served up for my pounds on Saturday.

TGG not GG gilly!!
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:29 am

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Many of us hated boring football when Pearce was here. We were skint then & had no way of signing players but we still refused to accept that it's neccessary to be dull. Now teams are starting to prove that by coming up from the championship & playing good football. City fans on the whole, have never accepted boring football. There's nothing new about that, it's always been the same, money or no money.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum