Extra strikers not the answer, explains Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Extra strikers not the answer, explains Mancini

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:29 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote: I think Mancini trusts RSC more than Jo right now as a game-changer

Why?

This is another of those things that I just don't get about Mancini. As I keep saying, I really struggle to find the master plan behind a lot of things he does, they seem to conflict. I didn't understand why, in pre season, we didn't play as close to our strongest 11 as we could, to get them working together when he was complaining about being short of time. I didn't understand why he sidelined our best pre season player, Bellamy & then started playing Jo. Having then decided on Jo & dumping RSC from the Euro squad plus making it known he's not wanted, he suddenly sticks him on the pitch v Brum & leaves Jo on the bench, yet Jo hasn't done anything different to suddenly be relegated below RSC. I don't understand it at all.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Our primary game-plan seems to be playing the ball on the ground with players cutting in from either side of a front man who drops deep creating space for them to exploit. When we need it, the fullbacks exploit the confusion in the opposition's defence to stay out wide and cross from the final third (assuming a target man has been brought on).
To make the ground game work we need quick one-touch passing with constant movement and preferably Silva playing centrally behind Tevez.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:00 am

Dameerto wrote:Our primary game-plan seems to be playing the ball on the ground with players cutting in from either side of a front man who drops deep creating space for them to exploit. When we need it, the fullbacks exploit the confusion in the opposition's defence to stay out wide and cross from the final third (assuming a target man has been brought on).
To make the ground game work we need quick one-touch passing with constant movement and preferably Silva playing centrally behind Tevez.

I think we change the 'plan' quite a lot as we don't really have one. It was supposed to rely on the attacking fullbacks but it's starting to look as if Boateng will need a lot more time to be effective in that role so we have a problem there if he rarely gets forward. Need to start again & simplify everything imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:09 am

I know what you mean about us changing the plan a lot (and I was talking in general terms obviously) - but I really think that's Mancini's blue-print for the season. I'm hoping Boateng can stick to the brief (and he's showing promise) and Kolarov looks to be pretty much already there - from Mancini's point of view he needs to tinker with our forward line and from my point of view we need another midfielder (a second Silva) but IF I'm right about his idea for the way forward we've got nearly all the pieces already.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:37 am

Kolarov will be a big asset if he stays fit. I recon he's miles better attacking & crossing from the left than our so called wingers & could play left midfield away from home with a fullback behind him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 am

Midfield needs to start chipping in with some goals, that is our problem at the minute.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:55 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:Midfield needs to start chipping in with some goals, that is our problem at the minute.

They're unlikely to get many between them. Their career records tell us that. If we want scoring midfielders we'll have to sign some.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Midfield needs to start chipping in with some goals, that is our problem at the minute.

They're unlikely to get many between them. Their career records tell us that. If we want scoring midfielders we'll have to sign some.

Agree but the likes of Milner, Silva, Johnson are all more than capable of getting some goals.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:03 am

I think Milner's an untapped resource - fitting him and Silver into the same lineup is a problem though.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby ashton287 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:33 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
ashton287 wrote:There are 13 teams in the league that have scored the same or more goals than us.

Strikers that could actually score goals is exactly what we need. We dont need "extra" strikers we need to replace the 3 completely useless ones that we have and if balotelli doesnt stop being a dick and score 10-15 in the rest of the season he can fuck off aswell.

We need 3 star strikers that are capable of scoring against anyone. Not one with 4 bellends sitting on the bench.

get dzeko and carroll in january and get rid of ade, jo and RSC.

I was beginning to take your angry post seriously then, that was until you said Andy Carroll was a Star Striker! What's he done so far to be classed amongst the Stars of Attacking Football, and proved to be better than Ade?

He is scoring goals for a shit team. He would score more for us. Never be shearer but easily bag 15 goals a season and wont mind sitting the odd game out without sulking and talking about his dream move to juventus.

Everytime Ade has been on the pitch this season he has missed chance after chance. He doesnt try, when he gets the ball he loses it. He doesn't want to be here and has said it a few times. It's like playing with 10 men when he is on the pitch and it is more annoying in his case than RSC or Jo because they both have the excuse of being shit. He just cant be arsed.

I would say van der vart but they would put a ridiculous price on him.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum