Losing The Players, Losing The Crowd

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Losing The Players, Losing The Crowd

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Well, is he?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Losing The Players, Losing The Crowd

Postby Redna » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Hughes supposedly lost the players and the crowed.
RM supposedly is loosing the players and crowd
Who is not gonna lose the player and the crowed?
Just wonder, Special One? Speciak Two ?
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby moomey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:03 pm

My god - that degree of incisively cleaved prose is thoroughly wasted on the lumpen proles who frequent this working class graffiti substitute
Last edited by moomey on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moomey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby john68 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I don't think for one moment that Mancini has lost any of the players mate. In fact i think that is usually an overstated case by the media at most clubs. I think it happens very rarely. Most players came to City to earn big money and win things...They can see they are sat in the top four...CL qualification beckons and the chance of glory is almost within arms length.

The crowd is a different matter, but most fans are emotional in their repsonses and often fickle in their judgement. A couple of decent wins and the crowd will be lauding him.

As Mancini's immediate superior, where does Marwood sit in all this? Marwood out too?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beeks » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Those damn Crows..Mancinis obviously too orangy for them..
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:09 pm

john68 wrote:I don't think for one moment that Mancini has lost any of the players mate. In fact i think that is usually an overstated case by the media at most clubs. I think it happens very rarely. Most players came to City to earn big money and win things...They can see they are sat in the top four...CL qualification beckons and the chance of glory is almost within arms length.

The crowd is a different matter, but most fans are emotional in their repsonses and often fickle in their judgement. A couple of decent wins and the crowd will be lauding him.

As Mancini's immediate superior, where does Marwood sit in all this? Marwood out too?

Whilst the crowd's reaction was to a bizarre substitution, I think a lot of it was deep feelings that were vented. Today happening after the pathetic/gritty determined (delete as per your point of view) performance in mid-week brought a lot to the surface and, you're right in that a win at Fulham and most will be forgotten, I still think a lot of people are getting pretty fed up with what we are watching.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:18 pm

moomey wrote:My god - that degree of incisively cleaved prose is thouroughly wasted on the lumpen proles who frequent this working class graffiti substitute

Post of the year right there
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Early on in the second, I was watching Carlos looking at the manager in a way thay intimated that he needed help. When he finally got that with Santa, he was then hauled off and did not look please at all. The crowd went into complete meltdown and seriously booed the change, sang 'You don't know what you're doing' followed by a chorus of 'Bellllllllamy, Belllllllamy'. It was serious shit, and accompanied by the booing at half-time and full-time made a real statement from the crowd.

Also, are these tatcics having a negative effect, not only on us, but on the likes of Carlos et al who is clearly struggling for support.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:22 pm

moomey wrote:My god - that degree of incisively cleaved prose is thouroughly wasted on the lumpen proles who frequent this working class graffiti substitute

Say again?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
john68 wrote:I don't think for one moment that Mancini has lost any of the players mate. In fact i think that is usually an overstated case by the media at most clubs. I think it happens very rarely. Most players came to City to earn big money and win things...They can see they are sat in the top four...CL qualification beckons and the chance of glory is almost within arms length.

Whilst the crowd's reaction was to a bizarre substitution, I think a lot of it was deep feelings that were vented. Today happening after the pathetic/gritty determined (delete as per your point of view) performance in mid-week brought a lot to the surface and, you're right in that a win at Fulham and most will be forgotten, I still think a lot of people are getting pretty fed up with what we are watching.

I don't doubt the depth of emotion of the city fans, we have always been passionate. Sometimes that has been to our credit and at other times it may have beena weakness.
We were told that this was a 10 year project. We have barely started on the path. Most city fans jumped all over the money and chucked their expectations as high in the air as they could throw them and forgot about the 10 years bit. We never gave Hughes the chance top finish hid project...he may have failed but we will never know...he may eventually have succeeded. The same applies with Mancini. For all your negative critique of him and his tactics, we currently sit 4th in the League and he is bang on target with the instructions he was given by his employers.

We are doing quite well in Europe and we still have the FA Cup to play for.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:34 pm

john68 wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

I don't doubt the depth of emotion of the city fans, we have always been passionate. Sometimes that has been to our credit and at other times it may have beena weakness.
We were told that this was a 10 year project. We have barely started on the path. Most city fans jumped all over the money and chucked their expectations as high in the air as they could throw them and forgot about the 10 years bit. We never gave Hughes the chance top finish hid project...he may have failed but we will never know...he may eventually have succeeded. The same applies with Mancini. For all your negative critique of him and his tactics, we currently sit 4th in the League and he is bang on target with the instructions he was given by his employers.

We are doing quite well in Europe and we still have the FA Cup to play for.

John, did you not notice the crowds reaction today? It wasn't just a few dissenters, it was the majority of the stadium mate, whom are the ones paying to watch the performance, not the 10 year plan. It seem to come as a massive release for many and had so much venom that even I was taken back.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:38 pm

One thing for sure is that he has already lost Ade, where the fuck was he today?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Brad » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:39 pm

He injured his heel in trainin according too http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/N ... Birmingham
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby moomey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Crossie wrote:

Post of the year right there

Oh stop it, I usually just come on here to call people cunts in overly gratuitous manner.....
moomey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby kav27 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Adebayor apparantly had a bruised heel from training. I didn't like the match today, I was bored in the first half and frustrated in the second. However I do think booing the team off at half time and booing substutions, plus more than half the crowd leaving before the final whistle is pretty bad considering we are still 4th. The media hype and expectations have really got to people. Yes we played boring unproductive football, but it's hardly slit wrists time is it?
kav27
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby ashton287 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Lost me. That was a complete joke. Give any other manager in the league our squad and watch them smash teams like birmingham 4/5/6-0.

Today should of been the start of an 8 game winning streak. COM's should be a fucking nightmare for teams like this to come to. They should walk out that tunnel expecting to be fucking smashed and be thinking about there next game already but instead they can all just get behind the ball and know that we wont do fuck all because mancini refuses to attack.

I dont care about defending against these teams because if we go toe to toe with them we will be too strong but we dont. He plays every game asif its chelsea and if we attack then we will concede.

Barry for tevez??????? WTF WAS THAT EVER GOING TO GET US.

Today was a JOKE, a fucking pantomime without the big titted slag to make it bearable.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby moomey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:51 pm

why do people persist in coming on here to exchange banal, subjective opinions on footballing matters of an arcane nature? Beats me.......
moomey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby john68 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Beefy,
Don't bloody start on me again mate...or I'll.....:-)

I trust that every one of those fans was emoting from the heart. I can guarantee that had I been one of them, I would have been as disgusted and as frustrated as the next guy. That is always the case when the final whistle blows on a a poor result or performance.

You will be well aware that decisions taken whilst the blood is running hot, are usually not the best ones. The reaction is understandable. It is those decisions taken rationally in the head, after proper and due thought or reactions that have some rationality behind them that are usually the better ones.
john68

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:36 pm

john68 wrote:Beefy,
Don't bloody start on me again mate...or I'll.....:-)

I trust that every one of those fans was emoting from the heart. I can guarantee that had I been one of them, I would have been as disgusted and as frustrated as the next guy. That is always the case when the final whistle blows on a a poor result or performance.

You will be well aware that decisions taken whilst the blood is running hot, are usually not the best ones. The reaction is understandable. It is those decisions taken rationally in the head, after proper and due thought or reactions that have some rationality behind them that are usually the better ones.

The truth is mate, I am a rational person who in the main, doesn't get over-emotional when posting on here, but he has lost me. This is not born of the last couple of games but from watching the performances week in, week out. I still want him to succeed but I'm now worried that those dissenting voices heard today will make it very hard for him to succeed.

Like someone said about Hughes, don't keep him for the sake of keeping him just because we've had too many managers, keep him because he's going to take us where we want to go.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CitizenYank » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 pm

I don't believe Mancini has lost the fans, if we weren't in 4th place he would. I have noticed in interviews
he uses the CL placing as his 'ace,' but it is obvious that he is having the some of the same problems Hughes did.
Lack of communication with players, difficulty building a cohesive unit; It is obvious that with all the new players
we have, no leader has emerged. I admit it must be hard with the language barrier, but it doesn't take a Vince Lombardi
to realize that the locker room lacks an ass kicker.

The last two fixtures, the players haven't been worth the value of the actual pitch!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum