The complete, utter and total lack of pace....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The complete, utter and total lack of pace....

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:18 pm

...is killing us.

Teams know how to defend against us at Eastlands and are more than happy to camp and take a point with the odd counter attack.

With no pace in the side to quickly convert a counter attack from the opposition right back against them we are just playing into their hands. Slowly, slowly football will not get us enough points over the season. We need a cutting edge to get in and behind to turn defenders and make them face their own goal.

We have only scored 7 goals at home and it just isn't good enough.

It feels just like last season all over again. Hughes got found out at home in October and November and now Mancini is getting found out at home but for a completely different set of reasons.

We need to inject pace into our team and quickly and have more of a plan than the current one which seems to be "Pass it to TEVEZ"

No pace, no taking of players on, no decent set pieces into the box, no shape in the attacking third = no threat
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: The complete, utter and total lack of pace....

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:23 pm

I'm almost sick of seeing it typed, but I still make no apologies for doing it again: We need a Bellamy.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby svengali » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:43 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:I'm almost sick of seeing it typed, but I still make no apologies for doing it again: We need a Bellamy.

I would imagine one of the first things a new manager would explore would be the possibility of recalling Bellers. It was an absolute disaster letting him go. He would destroy defences with that little dinked ball that Yaya loves to play. Instead we are watching the likes of Barry carrying his kitchen sink of an arse around the midfield attempting to trap a ball at the third and fourth attempt. But at least he is a defence minded midfielder.

4 and a half hours without a home goal, fan-fucking-tastic. Whatever Mancini is doing is clearly working. He has coached us into being the ultimate anti football side in that we not only play to neutralise the other team as a priority but also castrate ourselves.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:47 pm

svengali wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:I'm almost sick of seeing it typed, but I still make no apologies for doing it again: We need a Bellamy.

I would imagine one of the first things a new manager would explore would be the possibility of recalling Bellers. It was an absolute disaster letting him go. He would destroy defences with that little dinked ball that Yaya loves to play. Instead we are watching the likes of Barry carrying his kitchen sink of an arse around the midfield attempting to trap a ball at the third and fourth attempt. But at least he is a defence minded midfielder.

4 and a half hours without a home goal, fan-fucking-tastic. Whatever Mancini is doing is clearly working. He has coached us into being the ultimate anti football side in that we not only play to neutralise the other team as a priority but also castrate ourselves.

You funny cunt!

Dead right MRM, I said the same in a different thread. The likes of Bellamy and SWP would at least have defenders on the backfoot.

Who is the fastest player that played today? Tevez?? I really don't know because pace just doesn't seem to feature at all. Every top team needs a player with blistering pace, even if its to to come on and run at a tired defence.

You're right, letting Bellamy go was crazy and we all knew it at the time. The guy was our best player aside from Tevez and we let him go to fucking Cardiff.

Dear God.
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:
svengali wrote:

You funny cunt!

Dead right MRM, I said the same in a different thread. The likes of Bellamy and SWP would at least have defenders on the backfoot.

Who is the fastest player that played today? Tevez?? I really don't know because pace just doesn't seem to feature at all. Every top team needs a player with blistering pace, even if its to to come on and run at a tired defence.

You're right, letting Bellamy go was crazy and we all knew it at the time. The guy was our best player aside from Tevez and we let him go to fucking Cardiff.

Dear God.

Yes Dub???....Did you call me???.....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:12 pm

who can play at least half a season fully fit.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:30 pm

9secondlegend wrote:

who can play at least half a season fully fit.

Give me a crocked Bellers over today's 'attack'.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby aaron bond » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:
svengali wrote:

You funny cunt!

Dear God.

I agree that Bellers would be good to have around, but let's not pretend SWP has anything to offer any more. If it wasnt for the fact he was great for us in his first spell here, we would all be honest and say he isn't good enough.

I love the guy and wish he could re-find his form but let's be honest, he's a mid-table player at best.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Out and out pace would be a good thing, Ade is not too bad when he get going. That is of course if he is on the pitch.

I would say though it isnt just out and out pace.. the speed of getting the ball forward is absent and the quick pass when someone is even waving his arms for it isnt happening. All this season we have had very deliberate and slow build up play even when options have been there.. as i say on occassion waving their arms!

So what that is all about i dont know and i cant think of any explanation for it at all.. the net result is the opposition just get time to both get back and get organised while someone takes two touches and wanders along and then makes the pass that was there anyway but the opposition have now read like a book. Im talking about in the final 3rd here by the way.

Sorting that out imo would go a long way to solving a lot of problems in attack, as we just give the opposition time to set themselves when we could have them on the back foot.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Kladze » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:50 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Out and out pace would be a good thing, Ade is not too bad when he get going. That is of course if he is on the pitch.

I would say though it isnt just out and out pace.. the speed of getting the ball forward is absent and the quick pass when someone is even waving his arms for it isnt happening. All this season we have had very deliberate and slow build up play even when options have been there.. as i say on occassion waving their arms!

So what that is all about i dont know and i cant think of any explanation for it at all.. the net result is the opposition just get time to both get back and get organised while someone takes two touches and wanders along and then makes the pass that was there anyway but the opposition have now read like a book. Im talking about in the final 3rd here by the way.

Sorting that out imo would go a long way to solving a lot of problems in attack, as we just give the opposition time to set themselves when we could have them on the back foot

The problem is that the midfield protective cover for the defence is at least ten/fifteen yards too deep. We OVER protect and that makes our midfield/attack lose 'contact'.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Return to The Maine Football forum