We Had 24 Shots On Goal Today

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We Had 24 Shots On Goal Today

Postby TheGOAT » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:04 pm

Socrates wrote:We did also have a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out. I'm sure granny would have kept it out though.

Not enough is being made of this in my opinion!! Imagine if it happened to United or Chelsea? It would be all over SSN with everyone crying out for technology!

But because its us, its just "blah, they should be able to score anyway with all their money!"

Same with the Balotelli appeal. Why was it not overturned? The video evidence clearly shows he did fuck all wrong!"
"Watch a DVD, eat some pizza
**** each other!
I'm serious!!
**** a chicken if that's what it takes...
Watch a chicken ******* a horse...
What? You think the guys at google sat around watching Trumpton?"
TheGOAT
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:21 pm

King Kev wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If things were so exciting with so much goal mouth action
Nobody mentioned excitement or goal mouth action. I merely pointed out the facts and even provided a helpful diagram to help those who are hard of understanding to understand.
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:why did 40,000 people boo the most expensively assembled insomnia cure of all time?
You made that up. There is no way that 40000 people were booing at the end, the vast majority didn't boo, some even clapped.
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Think we have some Mancini licking going on here.
Mancini is our manager, there is nothing wrong with getting behind him. The 'licking' references are childish and tiresome by the way, maybe it's time to change the record .

Anybody who dared say this stuff a year ago about Hughes were accused of this and much more.

It is strange that the most vocal against are the most vocal defending Mancini for a comparable (not much better or worse depending on your opinion) job. This is what bothers me as it is completly hypocritical.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby King Kev » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Anybody who dared say this stuff a year ago about Hughes were accused of this and much more.
You're still going on about hughes?? You really should try and move on, this obsession isn't healthy. This thread is about the number of shots we had yesterday, nothing to do with managers or ex-managers.

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:It is strange that the most vocal against are the most vocal defending Mancini for a comparable (not much better or worse depending on your opinion) job. This is what bothers me as it is completly hypocritical.
I think you may need to check the meaning of the word hypocritical.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:53 pm

saulman wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If things were so exciting with so much goal mouth action, why did 40,000 people boo the most expensively assembled insomnia cure of all time?

I didn't. Neither did anyone around me. Anyway, there were probably only 30,000 in the stadium at the final whistle. Which in itself is a joke.

People moan about the players being shite, they should take a long hard look at themselves. If all they're going to do is sit there in silence, moan when Yaya gets the ball and then boo at the end because we didn't win, they should fuckin stay at home.

I suppose you are right. They should just fuck it all off and not be allowed to view their opinions of what they see. Near all of those chants started in the SS, where they also sang the songs to help the team on. Cheeky bastards eh, supporting the team then then showing disapproval towards the manager; how very dare they!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
saulman wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If things were so exciting with so much goal mouth action, why did 40,000 people boo the most expensively assembled insomnia cure of all time?

I didn't. Neither did anyone around me. Anyway, there were probably only 30,000 in the stadium at the final whistle. Which in itself is a joke.

People moan about the players being shite, they should take a long hard look at themselves. If all they're going to do is sit there in silence, moan when Yaya gets the ball and then boo at the end because we didn't win, they should fuckin stay at home.

I suppose you are right. They should just fuck it all off and not be allowed to view their opinions of what they see. Near all of those chants started in the SS, where they also sang the songs to help the team on. Cheeky bastards eh, supporting the team then then showing disapproval towards the manager; how very dare they!

Yeah, the noise from the home fans was deafening! I could hardly hear the away fans going "SSShhhhhhhh" for most of the first half!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:01 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
saulman wrote:

Yeah, the noise from the home fans was deafening! I could hardly hear the away fans going "SSShhhhhhhh" for most of the first half!

I've mentioned in another thread that the crowd started off well but then fizzled out due to the game play (about 20-25 mins in I reckon). From there it went very quiet and the rest of the game led to what we all heard, just as I mentioned.

One question for all those who seem to think this is unwarranted, what did you think of the game and what were your feelings throughout?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
saulman wrote:

I've mentioned in another thread that the crowd started off well but then fizzled out due to the game play (about 20-25 mins in I reckon). From there it went very quiet and the rest of the game led to what we all heard, just as I mentioned.

One question for all those who seem to think this is unwarranted, what did you think of the game and what were your feelings throughout?

I thought we had plenty of possession and the 2nd half was one of the most one sided halfs I've seen for a long time. They just stuck 10 men behind the ball. Going back to the thread topic, yes we did create a lot of chances, but generally they were long range and speculative. I'm not sure of the statistic, but I'd bet only a small percentage were on target. The problem was that there was never enough support from the midfield. They were reluctant to venture too far forward and that is obviously down to how they are set up by the manager.

One question for all those who seem to think it is OK to boo the players and manager during the game, how do you think that actually helps us?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:25 pm

I don't think the lack of midfield support is down to Mancini's instructions, he was screaming at them to get forward, imo it's down to the fact that DeJong is a mainly defensive player & Yaya hasn't got the stamina to keep running backwards & forwards. Makes the substitution of Tevez all the more questionable as it was done to help the attack.

As for the shots statistics, most of them were fucking hopeless speculative efforts that wouldn't have been goals if the keeper was lying on a couch behind the goal watching tv with a pina colada in his hand.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think the lack of midfield support is down to Mancini's instructions, he was screaming at them to get forward, imo it's down to the fact that DeJong is a mainly defensive player & Yaya hasn't got the stamina to keep running backwards & forwards. Makes the substitution of Tevez all the more questionable as it was done to help the attack.

Spot on. A couple of real midfielders, the kind capable of attacking and defending - yeah, I know, weird, isn't it? - would do the trick. Some width, on BOTH sides rather than just one, will help as well. And if you're going to get crosses into the box at head height, you need two strikers who can get on the end of them, not two fucking midgets. And if you've got two fucking midgets, you play the ball to their feet. It is not hard to work out. Even people as cerebrally-challenged as the average professional footballer should be capable of thinking such things if an old duffer like me can.

Birmingham defended very well and fair play to them; that's what a defence is for. We were forced to shoot from further out than we would perhaps like but it is not quite a reason for me to slash my wrists. Ironically our fourth place spot is more secure than it was three weeks ago, despite our "appalling run" as I heard some knobhead call it the other day. The current situation is hardly the end of the world and overall we remain comfortably on course.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:12 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think the lack of midfield support is down to Mancini's instructions, he was screaming at them to get forward, imo it's down to the fact that DeJong is a mainly defensive player & Yaya hasn't got the stamina to keep running backwards & forwards. Makes the substitution of Tevez all the more questionable as it was done to help the attack.

Spot on. A couple of real midfielders, the kind capable of attacking and defending - yeah, I know, weird, isn't it? - would do the trick. Some width, on BOTH sides rather than just one, will help as well. And if you're going to get crosses into the box at head height, you need two strikers who can get on the end of them, not two fucking midgets. And if you've got two fucking midgets, you play the ball to their feet. It is not hard to work out. Even people as cerebrally-challenged as the average professional footballer should be capable of thinking such things if an old duffer like me can.

Birmingham defended very well and fair play to them; that's what a defence is for. We were forced to shoot from further out than we would perhaps like but it is not quite a reason for me to slash my wrists. Ironically our fourth place spot is more secure than it was three weeks ago, despite our "appalling run" as I heard some knobhead call it the other day. The current situation is hardly the end of the world and overall we remain comfortably on course.

I would really like to try Vieira in that forward role currently occupied by Yaya. Vieira can thread a pass or make a goal himself. He's much smarter than some of these.

As long as he's got Dejong and Barry behind him!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:55 am

Think we have some Mancini licking going on here.

The stats speak clear though, we had 24 shots toward their goal. None went in, true, but you can't say we didn't make the effort to win the game. You can't always pass the ball into the net, sometimes you will have to take forced shots to unlock the game if the opponent defends well, or if your players miss easier chances. Had the goal not been ruled out, we could have put four or five past them as they would have had to attack and leave us more space upfront.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:49 am

Thing is, we were pretty pathetic going forward on saturday. There's no escaping that fact. Not getting proper playmaker in summer is coming to haunt us with these slow and negative as fuck midfielders running backwards there. As much as it pains to admit it, Mancini has got to carry some blame for that. There were some fucking quality attacking midfielders available, Van der Vaart for example, yet we just bulked the squad with million wingers and second rate fullbacks.

The idea of three holding midfielders and fullbacks going forward is shite. Back to drawing board in january me thinks.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Kladze » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:00 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Thing is, we were pretty pathetic going forward on saturday. There's no escaping that fact. Not getting proper playmaker in summer is coming to haunt us with these slow and negative as fuck midfielders running backwards there. As much as it pains to admit it, Mancini has got to carry some blame for that. There were some fucking quality attacking midfielders available, Van der Vaart for example, yet we just bulked the squad with million wingers and second rate fullbacks.

The idea of three holding midfielders and fullbacks going forward is shite. Back to drawing board in january me thinks.

Hey!

It's cool that you are willing to admit it Antii :-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:03 am

Perhaps a fit again Micheal Johnson will be the answer. We all know what a fantastic player he can be on his day and unlike any of our other centre mids he can actually do something which resembles attacking football.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Thing is, we were pretty pathetic going forward on saturday. There's no escaping that fact. Not getting proper playmaker in summer is coming to haunt us with these slow and negative as fuck midfielders running backwards there. As much as it pains to admit it, Mancini has got to carry some blame for that. There were some fucking quality attacking midfielders available, Van der Vaart for example, yet we just bulked the squad with million wingers and second rate fullbacks.

I fucking hope not, what, so we have to start again? We have more than a decent squad and I wouldn't like us to be restarting the plan during a period when you won't get the player you want.

I'm trying to work out if your comments are stalling tactics mate, and hopefully they are. Mancini still has time to sort things out, and I am pretty sure he will unless his pride gets to him. If not, I'm pretty sure he won't get the chance to re-think the strategy in January.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:14 am

Didn't see this one coming.

Spot on though!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:08 am

Spot on.

Its probably the single most contributing factor to us being a generally negative and dull football team.
Original Dub

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:11 am

the second half was actually quite entertaining despite being very frustrating.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:29 am

Well said.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:32 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

I fucking hope not, what, so we have to start again? We have more than a decent squad and I wouldn't like us to be restarting the plan during a period when you won't get the player you want.

I'm trying to work out if your comments are stalling tactics mate, and hopefully they are. Mancini still has time to sort things out, and I am pretty sure he will unless his pride gets to him. If not, I'm pretty sure he won't get the chance to re-think the strategy in January.

I didn't mean sacking Mancini. I meant he needs to figure out something more attacking.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum