Our next 4 matches

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Our next 4 matches

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Brad wrote:
Brad wrote:I think we will do fine, we probably wont score many goals during thouse 4 matches but we aint gonna concede many, ill go for 10 points out of a possible 12,
Fulham away-Draw
Stoke away-Win
Bolton home-Win
Westham away-Win

Guess I'm wrong so far, lets hope we score plenty more goals!!

Well looking at it today and after yesterday's performance, yr predictions for the last 3 matches look very realistic now !
I think the Stoke match will always be difficult and I'll be happy with a point but then again, I don't see why we cannot beat them.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:29 pm

The Bolton game should be interesting after their recent run. Coyle's doing a decent job there which I never expected tbh
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:15 pm

I would look at the next 10 games, why? because it will show if we are developing a title winning form and not just game by game analysis. I would say we are maybe fortunate that a lot of the next 10 are away, and that suits us just now. If we have now seen a glimpse of what we are capable of, the aim is to improve enough to cement that level as a base level of performances. It is still at home where that is to be put in practice.

From a thread written before the Fulham game:
Another way of looking at it is over the next 10 games we need 24 pts to get on a title winning form, so can afford to drop 6 pts in 10 games... 2 Losses 0 Draws, or 3 Draws and 0 Losses, take your pick. We would have 46 pts after 23 games, ratio of 2.0 / game.

next 10 are: i would take those draws under the circumstances, the rest we are capable of winning with our away form.

Fulham A - WON.
Stoke City A - Difficult due to last season, but really totally winnable. Can take a Draw.
Bolton Wanderers H - their new found playing ability will play into our hands - Winnable.
West Ham United A - sorry Walmai, if we dont win this its Siberia for the team. - Winnable.
Everton H - We would probably all take a Draw, i would expect a performance though from City.. so? Draw.
Newcastle United A - Expected to be tricky, but im convinced we have the better of such teams away from home. - Winnable.
Aston Villa H - This is the one where our home form springs into action - totally Winnable.
Blackpool H - They only have one mode and we will crush them - Winnable.
Arsenal A - We can take a Draw.
Wolves H - Probably difficult and a slog, Grind out Winnable.

Perhaps not the most difficult fixtures, but for us Stoke and Everton are fuclin difficult just because of what happened last season.
Looking at that list, it isnt inconceivable that we could get those results, assuming we continue to improve. As i say that would put us on a title winning form from the season as a whole. if you expect that we will continue to slowly improve, then we will be in a very strong position form wise and in the table by default. We can afford 3 draws or 2 Losses and still be on track.

Ok it may not pan out like that at all, but we have been pretty poor so far really and we have to beleive that is due more to the players getting it together and performing together after being put together, if we are just starting to get over that then this list is roughly what we have to expect imo.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:30 pm

*updated*
Fulham A - WON.
Stoke City A - Difficult due to last season, but really totally winnable. Can take a Draw. DRAW
Bolton Wanderers H - their new found playing ability will play into our hands - Winnable. WON
West Ham United A - sorry Walmai, if we dont win this its Siberia for the team. - Winnable.
Everton H - We would probably all take a Draw, i would expect a performance though from City.. so? Draw.
Newcastle United A - Expected to be tricky, but im convinced we have the better of such teams away from home. - Winnable.
Aston Villa H - This is the one where our home form springs into action - totally Winnable.
Blackpool H - They only have one mode and we will crush them - Winnable.
Arsenal A - We can take a Draw.
Wolves H - Probably difficult and a slog, Grind out Winnable.*not sure why i wrote that*

As mentioned higher up in the thread if we manage these results we will be on title winning form for the season taken as a whole from the start. The form of just those games from Fulham on would smash the title with ease if we maintained it.
If we lose one of these games we cant afford to draw another.
If we beat Everton i am seriously going to start believing.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Brad » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Brad wrote:I think we will do fine, we probably wont score many goals during thouse 4 matches but we aint gonna concede many, ill go for 10 points out of a possible 12,
Fulham away-Draw
Stoke away-Win
Bolton home-Win
Westham away-Win

Atleast im still on track ;)
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Brad wrote:
Fulham away-Draw
Stoke away-Win
Bolton home-Win
Westham away-Win

Ha ha, lets hope there are no Banana skins at the Boleyn!

It is kind stupid to do the speculation thing i know, but as we are so much in development and searching for consistency and at the same time as fans wondering if we are going to be in with a shout. We are getting there and it is starting to dawn on us all that we are. That list of games and the speculative results doesn't look too out of order to me and would be 24 pts out of 10 games. If we actually achieve that, as i say i will officially join the we are here club.
I hope that we do better than that and that we start by stuffing Everton back into their crummy little box where they belong.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Slim » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Brad wrote:
Fulham away-Draw
Stoke away-Win
Bolton home-Win
Westham away-Win

While no-one has the results right, if we win against West Ham(chortle) then you are on the money, if we lose(more chortle) then SoF has it bang on.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ashton287 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:25 pm

well i think we will beat fulham 4-1

draw with stoke 1-1

beat bolton 1-0

and win/lose/draw against west ham.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:32 pm

This was my post in the 'Next 6' thread a couple of weeks back. I'm 100% so far and now wondering if I should rethink my prediction's and make them all wins ;-)

Beefymcfc wrote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves by asking 18 points from our next 6, especially looking at our form. Those 2 away games coming up are hit and miss and although 6 points would be very nice, they are not assured. Our last 6 games prove that:

Blackpool 2 - 3 Man City (3)
Man City 0 - 3 Arsenal (0)
Wolverhampton 2 - 1 Man City (0)
West Brom 0 - 2 Man City (3)
Man City 0 - 0 Man Utd (1)
Man City 0 - 0 Birmingham (1)

The next 6 are similar sort of games that will cause us problems, and with Everton always being a difficult game, and Newcastle wanting revenge on a number of issues, I'd be more than happy with around 12 points - 3 wins, 3 draws or 4 wins. 6 wins would be nice though.

Fulham (A) (3)
Stoke (A) (1)
Bolton (H) (3)

West Ham (A) (3)
Everton (H) (1)
Newcastle (A) (1)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Brad » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Brad wrote:
Fulham away-Draw
Stoke away-Win
Bolton home-Win
Westham away-Win

Haha not bad ey? ;)
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Brad wrote:
Brad wrote:
Fulham away-Draw
Stoke away-Win
Bolton home-Win
Westham away-Win

Haha not bad ey? ;)

Ashton beat you.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum