IF Mancini was replaced, who would you like? POLL

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Which manager would you take from this shortlist?

Van Gaal
10%
Hiddink
49%
Rijkaard
11%
Redknapp
6%
O'Neill
9%
Keegan
7%
Coyle
9%

Total votes : 94

Re: IF Mancini was replaced, who would you like? POLL

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"Problem is that he's unproven in managing big ego stars like the ones we have. And that's always the biggest obstacle for managers going from a relatively small club to one filled with (supposedly) international stars.

That's an interesting one for me. I am not sure when it has been tried so that it can be confirmed as a real problem.At the moment I fear we are witnessing a manager who is supposedly able to handle big name stars but seems to be having problems.

I could point out some examples here in Italy, it has also been one of the reasons why Real has not been successful for years (allegedly) so the problem does exist. From a logical pov, if I'm a big name star, am I more inclined to listen to a manager who has won nothing and only managed small clubs, or to one who has already been to a big club and brought it to big victories? I'd wager the second is more likely, don't you agree?
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:36 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"Problem is that he's unproven in managing big ego stars like the ones we have. And that's always the biggest obstacle for managers going from a relatively small club to one filled with (supposedly) international stars.

That's an interesting one for me. I am not sure when it has been tried so that it can be confirmed as a real problem.At the moment I fear we are witnessing a manager who is supposedly able to handle big name stars but seems to be having problems.

I could point out some examples here in Italy, it has also been one of the reasons why Real has not been successful for years (allegedly) so the problem does exist. From a logical pov, if I'm a big name star, am I more inclined to listen to a manager who has won nothing and only managed small clubs, or to one who has already been to a big club and brought it to big victories? I'd wager the second is more likely, don't you agree?

Yes I agree definitely more likely. I notice on the poll that a few have voted for Owen Coyle.Maybe they are just being silly but if he did come in he would need to make an instant good impression with the players who might well be wary and not happy and at the same time get the right results.It's amazing what winning can do for a team's morale and belief in the manager.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Yes I agree definitely more likely. I notice on the poll that a few have voted for Owen Coyle.Maybe they are just being silly but if he did come in he would need to make an instant good impression with the players who might well be wary and not happy and at the same time get the right results.It's amazing what winning can do for a team's morale and belief in the manager.

i presume the Owen Coyle vote is simply the handiwork of those who appreciate his attacking intent. He has Bolton playing well and has since he took over there. They are a fun side to watch and i don't mind watching them play football. City could do well to take a whiff of his pantleg. The vote's for being more offensive minded i believe....i don't want to speak for those that voted for him, but that was my take. I did not vote for Owen Coyle.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Renato_CTID » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Hiddink is too old, Rijkaard is actually completely different from Barca times. Martin O'Neill shall be OK for me!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Crossie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:11 pm

I voted for Coyle just to see what the results were so far,

Why the fuck would Gus Hiddink come here?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:25 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Dermot O'Leary, if he's not available then it has to be Ben Mee.

I'm suprised you were able to read this thread. Surely you had tears in your eyes when you saw the title?
Take his cock out of your mouth and be a little more open minded, in even one thread.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Crossie wrote:I voted for Coyle just to see what the results were so far,

Why the fuck would Gus Hiddink come here?

The same reason everyone else has come here.

That i$ of cour$e, THE PROJECT.
Original Dub

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:14 am

Original Dub wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Dermot O'Leary, if he's not available then it has to be Ben Mee.

I'm suprised you were able to read this thread. Surely you had tears in your eyes when you saw the title?
Take his cock out of your mouth and be a little more open minded, in even one thread.

Stop stalking me "Dubster" Just ignore me, that is my opinion, if Mancini goes i would want Dermot O'Leary as his replacement as he deals with 16 egos magnificently every saturday, so he has the perfect CV for the job IMO.

If you don't like that then ignore me.

Thanks
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 am

Hiddink is the only manager in that last who in my opinion is an overall better manager than Mancini - would I swap him for Mancini - no.. IF Mancini was replaced, from that list his is the only name i'd even consider.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:21 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Stop stalking me "Dubster" Just ignore me, that is my opinion, if Mancini goes i would want Dermot O'Leary as his replacement as he deals with 16 egos magnificently every saturday, so he has the perfect CV for the job IMO.

Thanks

Ignore the threads I start if that's your outlook mate. I'm stalking you? You followed me into this thread!

Again, you fail to address the point, but more try to wind up the poster. If you think having a contingency plan is ludacris, don't contribute to this thread... but quite a few people have voted on this thread, just like they did with their feet on Saturday and if you want to write all of these fans off as spoilt brats, then you need to look at yourself.

Your love has you blinded. Everyone knows you want Manicni whether or not he is meant for the job, for some unknown reason. But don't berate or patronise those who haven't quite found that love yet, because its just plain old disrespectful, as I mentioned in the last thread you tried it.

We're in this together, all us true City fans. We will have different views on how to get there no doubt, but you shouldn't question genuine loyalty to the club or try to make a joke out of others approach when you aren't in any kind of a position to do so.
Original Dub

Postby bluej » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Thanks

Ignore the threads I start if that's your outlook mate. I'm stalking you? You followed me into this thread!

Again, you fail to address the point, but more try to wind up the poster. If you think having a contingency plan is ludacris, don't contribute to this thread... but quite a few people have voted on this thread, just like they did with their feet on Saturday and if you want to write all of these fans off as spoilt brats, then you need to look at yourself.

Your love has you blinded. Everyone knows you want Manicni whether or not he is meant for the job, for some unknown reason. But don't berate or patronise those who haven't quite found that love yet, because its just plain old disrespectful, as I mentioned in the last thread you tried it.

We're in this together, all us true City fans. We will have different views on how to get there no doubt, but you shouldn't question genuine loyalty to the club or try to make a joke out of others approach when you aren't in any kind of a position to do so.

I hope he's not the contingency plan!
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum