The players

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The players

Postby bluej » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Obviously the tactics aren't working at the minute, and I've seen it mentioned in a few threads that there should be some form of meeting between players/management to clear the air however...

When do the players start picking up some of the responsibility? Today was an example of a lack of effort at times, because the tactics don't impact on short passes going astray, Yaya walking around the middle and AJ being completely anonymous again. Add into Boateng's lazy cross that actually went out of play (and was never going to work for a 5ft attacking force) and even Tevez trying to do everything on his own.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The players

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Who do you think is the fastest player on the pitch?

The reason I ask is because pace and Manchester City are two things I don't associate together lately.

Bellamy and SWP could possibly have ripped them a new asshole. Although Mancini would have Bellamy on the right and SWP on the left. Apparently its the way forward, to destroy width and have all the players do the congo.
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:30 pm

bluej wrote:Obviously the tactics aren't working at the minute, and I've seen it mentioned in a few threads that there should be some form of meeting between players/management to clear the air however...

When do the players start picking up some of the responsibility? Today was an example of a lack of effort at times, because the tactics don't impact on short passes going astray, Yaya walking around the middle and AJ being completely anonymous again. Add into Boateng's lazy cross that actually went out of play (and was never going to work for a 5ft attacking force) and even Tevez trying to do everything on his own.

Wasn't it reported that Tevez exploded at half time in the Newcastle match? Not 100% certain why but I thought it was because he wasn't getting enough attacking support. Some things don't change much but I can't see what a player/manager clear the air meeting would do if the manager carries on with the very cautious approach he prefers.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CityGer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:31 pm

A good manager avoids situations which throw up suggestions that a player meeting is needed.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby bluej » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:38 pm

I don't think I explained this very well.... I'm not on about having a player/management meeting, more about the players stepping up and shouldering some of the flak. I might just be alone in my thoughts that there are a number of players out there who couldn't really give a toss what was happening.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:59 pm

bluej wrote:I don't think I explained this very well.... I'm not on about having a player/management meeting, more about the players stepping up and shouldering some of the flak. I might just be alone in my thoughts that there are a number of players out there who couldn't really give a toss what was happening.

What can the players do if the tactics are so negative and the substitution so mind boggling ! What was the point of bringing on Zabba for Kolarov who I thought had a decent game. If anything he should have come on for Boateng who was slowing up the game and giving AJ no real support.
And then the Tevez subbing. Enough has been said about that, I think.
Looking at the bench the only attacking option we had left was Jo and Mancio typically decided not use him. So what was the point of having 2 strikers on the bench if you're not going to use them both ??
Is Ade really injured or is there someting else that we don't know about, yet ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Return to The Maine Football forum