Micah v Boateng.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Micah v Boateng.

Postby s1ty m » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:44 pm

I posted that this fella Boateng was a pup, last week. I got little agreement. Look, any fucker could see Bradbury was shite after 30 mins of his debut v pompey. Any fucker should be able to see that Boateng is shite after a few games. He is absolutely abysmal. All this bollocks about 'time, adjustments, la la la', he's shit and is a bad buy. A big mistake to buy him, fuck it, move on. But don't play the man, he's useless.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:41 pm

I don't understand what was so bad about Boateng's performance yesterday. No he wasn't Ashley Cole coming forward & someone else may have done better but we've all seen from the World Cup that he can attack & can cross a ball, so that will come. My question mark v him in previous games was about his defensive play & I thought he looked miles better yesterday & is learning quickly.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sandman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't understand what was so bad about Boateng's performance yesterday. No he wasn't Ashley Cole coming forward & someone else may have done better but we've all seen from the World Cup that he can attack & can cross a ball, so that will come. My question mark v him in previous games was about his defensive play & I thought he looked miles better yesterday & is learning quickly.

Totally agree.

Plus he finds positions well and gets back instantly after a run to defend the counter attacks, things that Micah doesnt do.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:All interesting stuff.Now Cappello has him back in the England side and did I read that Shrek has picked a world 11 and has Micah in it?

He did - Micah and Tevez. (Just himself and Vidic included from the RAGs)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:49 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:But in November 2010 Micah is nowhere near the national team

You might want to check that one mate.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't understand what was so bad about Boateng's performance yesterday. No he wasn't Ashley Cole coming forward & someone else may have done better but we've all seen from the World Cup that he can attack & can cross a ball, so that will come. My question mark v him in previous games was about his defensive play & I thought he looked miles better yesterday & is learning quickly.

He was bought as "an attacking right back" wasnt he?

He is slow and stops any kind of counter attack when he has the ball (he reminds me of what NDJ did last year....fucking stop...pass sidewards or backwards...annoying and crap.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Brad » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Get ned back ;)
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Brad wrote:Get ned back ;)

He is just as good as anything we have at right-back and has the added bonus of the fact he'll score 1/2 goals a season and he is a BIG blue who cares about the club.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:06 am

Micahs performance was very good against France and seeing as Boateng hasnt impressed at all I would like Micah to start against Fulham.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:33 am

Micah is currently a better player than Boateng imo but Boateng is new to the league & will get better. Ned is currently playing better than both & imo should stay at fullback & learn the position fully as he's not good enough in the air to be a top Prem CB. Then, if he stays fit for the season, we should give him a new contract & play Micha more at CB rotating with Kolo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Micah is currently a better player than Boateng imo but Boateng is new to the league & will get better. Ned is currently playing better than both & imo should stay at fullback & learn the position fully as he's not good enough in the air to be a top Prem CB. Then, if he stays fit for the season, we should give him a new contract & play Micha more at CB rotating with Kolo.

Was he supposed to be an attack minded right back ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby horlock2000 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:25 am

I think the thing about Boateng is his technique, he just doesnt seem to get up to a sprint at all. Its odd as when i seen him play again Valencia pre season for us and he was bursting past people to put the ball in the box and even when he was at centre half, he seemed to be bursting through the middle. I thought he would be our signing of the season but ive gotta admit, ive been massively dissapointed in him up to now, as i have Yaya toure who at the moment make Gareth Barry look mobile. These two are either not fit, not up for it or just not good enough. Kolo toure really realy really frustrates me.
horlock2000
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Slim » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:55 am

s1ty m wrote:I posted that this fella Boateng was a pup, last week. I got little agreement. Look, any fucker could see Bradbury was shite after 30 mins of his debut v pompey. Any fucker should be able to see that Boateng is shite after a few games. He is absolutely abysmal. All this bollocks about 'time, adjustments, la la la', he's shit and is a bad buy. A big mistake to buy him, fuck it, move on. But don't play the man, he's useless.

I know you are trying to go for the "I was there first" achievement/gold medal, but I said this last season when he played against Fulham in the UEFA/Europa/Mickey Mouse Cup. His two footed lunge on Gera(?) was nothing short of comical, I had prayed he was having a VERY off day but suspected he wasn't.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 am

Slim wrote:
s1ty m wrote:I posted that this fella Boateng was a pup, last week. I got little agreement. Look, any fucker could see Bradbury was shite after 30 mins of his debut v pompey. Any fucker should be able to see that Boateng is shite after a few games. He is absolutely abysmal. All this bollocks about 'time, adjustments, la la la', he's shit and is a bad buy. A big mistake to buy him, fuck it, move on. But don't play the man, he's useless.

I know you are trying to go for the "I was there first" achievement/gold medal, but I said this last season when he played against Fulham in the UEFA/Europa/Mickey Mouse Cup. His two footed lunge on Gera(?) was nothing short of comical, I had prayed he was having a VERY off day but suspected he wasn't.

Could not give a toss about gold medals, slim.

Just stating what to me is utterly obvious. My backside twitched when I watched Upson rise unchallenged to head in against the Germans in this years WC. It was Boateng stood like a mill chimney, totally defeated, looking on innocently. That tackle v Hamnurg was grotesque.

The worst bit for me, last week, was late on, Boateng was giving Kolo some mouth. Or at least gesturing that Kolo should shut up. I thought that was rich. Kolo is on a different planet to this bum. Ned and Micah are both way better than Boateng. If Mancini insists on keeping on with this prince among bad buys, we will be severely punished. I hope I am horribly wrong about Boateng, btw.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: Micah v Boateng....

Postby Dronny » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:47 am

....v Dani Alves if you believe the Daily Mail bollox?

The trouble is he'd make AJ and JM look sluggish going forward....not entirely a bad thing?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:02 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Micah is currently a better player than Boateng imo but Boateng is new to the league & will get better. Ned is currently playing better than both & imo should stay at fullback & learn the position fully as he's not good enough in the air to be a top Prem CB. Then, if he stays fit for the season, we should give him a new contract & play Micha more at CB rotating with Kolo.

Was he supposed to be an attack minded right back ?

Boateng? I think Boateng will be a terrific asset going forward once he settles at the club. That could take til this time next season though. The idea of him signing was initially 'one for the future' not as a current player who we depend on. It's Mancini who put all this unfair expectation on Boateng's back by saying his 'plan' wouldn't work until Boateng & Kolarov were fit.

I'll just add, that I also recon that he's also a possible future player in Bob's fave position; defensive midfield.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:09 am

I think Boateng needs more time to settle down and get used to the Englisha game. However on current form, I owuld always start Micah ahead of him and even Zabba.
Always liked Ned and was sad to see him go to Sunderland. Hope we'll get him back at the end of the season, Don't think that's possible in Jan or is it ??
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:31 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:I think Boateng needs more time to settle down and get used to the Englisha game. However on current form, I owuld always start Micah ahead of him and even Zabba.
Always liked Ned and was sad to see him go to Sunderland. Hope we'll get him back at the end of the season, Don't think that's possible in Jan or is it ??

I imagine Sunderland will have tied him up on the deal til summer & unfortunately Bob may well sell him then as I don't think Ned likes Bob at all because Bob dropped him for no reason last season. We shouldn't let Bob sell him in Jan under any circumstances though. It would be pure City for that to happen, then Bob gets sacked & Ned plays for England in place of Micah. Pure 100% City.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum