Saturday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:37 am

Arrogant Adam Johnson must not to believe his own hype, warns boss Roberto Mancini
Roberto Mancini has told Adam Johnson to stop believing his own publicity after the England winger admitted he is growing impatient sat on the bench at Manchester City.
Half of Johnson's 16 appearances this season have come as a substitute, although he is expected to be recalled for his fifth Barclays Premier League start at home to Birmingham.
Mancini, who reprimanded the 23-year-old over his part in a boozy trip to Scotland last month, has grown concerned over Johnson's attitude since he won his first England cap in May.
Don't believe the hype: Mancini has warned fed-up Johnson to get on with it at City
Asked if the international recognition and hype have gone to the player's head, Mancini said: 'This could be true. He's young and when you read the newspapers every day saying, "I'm at the top, I'm at the top", then probably.
'He can play for England but if he wants to continue doing this he needs to play well in every game for us. Some dribbling or two crosses don't make him a good player. He must keep his feet on the floor. It's important all the players have good behaviour during the week. He's a fantastic talent but he's not a top player at this moment.'
The former Middlesbrough winger's career took off after he joined City for £6million in the January transfer window, but his opportunities have been restricted by the progress of summer signing David Silva.
Ready to go: Johnson is eager to hold down a starting role on a regular basis at Eastlands
Johnson was given only a 20- minute run-out in Wednesday's Manchester derby and admitted: 'I wouldn't say I was great with it. I'm the type of person that wants to play football all the time so it's hard to watch.
'It's a little bit frustrating because I started the season well, but I have still tended to find myself on the bench.'

Chelsea and Manchester City express interest in Portugal centre half Rolando
Chelsea and Manchester City are maintaining their interest in Porto's centre half Rolando.
Manchester United had also expressed interest in the 25-year-old but Porto's £18m valuation was prohibitive.
His representative Peppino Tirri said: 'We're talking about a major player for Porto and Portugal. He's a very important player and is also followed by Chelsea and Manchester City.'

United and City jostling to land young Black Cats England hopeful
Jordan Henderson is at the centre of transfer battle between Manchester City and Manchester United - as he prepares for his first England call up.
Sunderland are aware that the Premier League's richest clubs are chasing Henderson, with City making moves to get into pole position for a potential January bid.
Steve Bruce's side are in a healthy position financially and would like to resist any bid for Henderson, to develop him further at the Stadium of Light.
But Bruce also last night admitted that it would be hard if an offer of "silly money" from a "giant" came in for the 20-year-old, who will star for Fabio Capello in England's friendly against France next week.
City are keen on having the best English talent in their squad, with Joe Hart and James Milner already prospering, and they have joined what a Sunderland source admitted was a "queue" of top club chasing one of the hottest property in English football.
Bruce said last night: "I sincerely hope we can keep him in the long term. We will try desperately. I am a realist. If one of the big giants come along we will be up against it. If ridiculous money is offered it will be difficult we will face that if it comes

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/10/04 ... -seredova/

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Tottenham will offer £10m plus Robbie Keane for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll.Goal.com

Liverpool could move for Wolfsburg's Diego Benaglio as a potential replacement for keeper Pepe Reina. imscouting

West Brom have told defender Abdoulaye Meite he can leave the club in January as they are keen to lower their wage bill. Talksport

Aston Villa are leading the chase to lure former Sheffield United midfielder Colin Kazim-Richards back to England from Fenerbahce. Daily Mail

Burnley are keen to land veteran Birmingham striker Kevin Phillips, 37, in a loan move, while the Clarets have loaned out defender Richard Eckersley to Bradford City until January. Daily Mail

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside has admitted Wanderers may have to sell £15m-rated England international defender Gary Cahill to ease the Lancashire club's £93m debt. Daily Star

Liverpool could make a move for 19-year-old Preston midfielder Adam Barton, considered one of the brightest English prospects outside the Premier League. Daily Mirror

Blackburn are weighing up a move for Germany Under-21 striker Nils Petersen, who plays with Energie Cottbus in Germany's second tier. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Striker Nicklas Bendtner has threatened to quit Arsenal unless he gets more first-team football. Daily Mirror

Newcastle United's Joey Barton has admitted he faces a constant battle to control his temper after accepting a violent conduct charge for punching Morten Gamst Pedersen of Blackburn Rovers. Daily Mail

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti made a personal plea to owner Roman Abramovich to try to save Ray Wilkins' job. Daily Mail

Everton boss David Moyes has revealed the club turned down an Arsenal offer, believed to be in the region of £10m, for central defender Phil Jagielka, and the Toffees are preparing to reward the England international with lucrative new deal. Daily Mail

But midfielder Steven Pienaar is on his way out of Goodison Park following his refusal to sign a new contract. The Guardian

West Ham will sack manager Avram Grant if the bottom-of-the-table Hammers lose at home to Blackpool on Saturday. Daily Mail

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has blocked England manager Fabio Capello from picking Wayne Rooney for next Wednesday's friendly with France because he does not want to risk the striker getting injured again as he completes his recovery from an ankle problem. Daily Star

Winger Jermaine Pennant will turn down overtures from Italian sides Napoli and Sampdoria and sign a £1.5m deal with Stoke after impressing at the Britannia Stadium since his summer loan move from Real Zaragoza. Daily Star

Preston manager Darren Ferguson revealed his players called a meeting to show their support for him after the 2-0 home defeat by Hull on Friday - but indicated he had no such assurances from the club's board. Press Association

Legendary Leeds midfielder John Giles, who has just published his biography, has lambasted David Peace's fictional account of Brian Clough's reign at Elland Road, The Damned United, branding it "outrageous". "The book made Clough out to be a wild man whereas he wasn't drinking at Leeds," claimed former Republic of Ireland star Giles, 70.
The Independent
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:54 am

I don't believe that Henderson bollox (and didn't believe it a week or so ago either), it's either his agent or Sunderland that are trying to agitate for a sale somewhere.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:58 am

Cheers Chinners.

I don't know whether Bob has plans to sign Henderson in Jan or others lined up but if he doesn't, as a nice little squad adjustment, SWP to Everton & Pienaar to City would benefit both clubs & both players imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:27 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers Chinners.

I don't know whether Bob has plans to sign Henderson in Jan or others lined up but if he doesn't, as a nice little squad adjustment, SWP to Everton & Pienaar to City would benefit both clubs & both players imo.

I am not a fan of Pienaar, to hit and miss for me, goes missing an awful lot. However, when he has a good game, he looks the dogs nuts
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum