Edin Dzeko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Edin Dzeko

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:34 am

I think this needs its own thread now as its a top priority imo.
I want this player more than anyone else in world football. Absolutely what we need.
Still way togo (see what I did there) till Jan but our men should get this sorted.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Re: Edin Dzeko

Postby john@staustell » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:42 am

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:53 am

Great!
I think we need youtube videos too.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:57 am

My first is in nqaszcgytekkfbjutdvgdetum, but not in w. Who am I?

Just remember, you heard it here first. I am ITK.

PS It's Wagner Love. We've resurected interest due to potential shirt sales, following his X-Factor appearances
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:05 am

Am I the only who has become dissillusioned with the talk of buying more strikers? Our main 2 last year scored 43 between them and we bought another one for 24m and the playmaker everyone wanted and two attacking fullbacks everyone wanted yet we still play dire football.

What happened to the good old days of a manger coming in and getting a boost out of the players already there?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:15 am

I wouldn't 'blame' Hughes or the club for Adebayor as he was the only top rated (ish) striker we could get at that time, same as Bridge was the only (half) decent LB.

But our situation has changed, and Bobby realises that RSC and Jo (at last) are shite, and his opinion is that Ade will not take us where we want to go. So therefore he needs at least another striker.

If he doesn't think the material is good enough, and we can afford it, then why the hell cut off our nose to spite our face?

To me the best manager was Clough, who took all his trusted players from Derby to Forest, then also bought a complete new (and expensive) spine - Peter Shilton, Larry Lloyd and Trevor Francis.

Even he couldn't win the European cup 'working with what he had'.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:34 am

If we sign Dzeko, do we play as we are now or do we change?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:If we sign Dzeko, do we play as we are now or do we change?

Best ask someone who followed Inter a bit. I know at one time he had 6 top strikers on the books, but I'm not sure what tactics he played as I dont follow Italy.

Mind you, one of them was Adriano - no wonder he shipped out Robson.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 am

john@staustell wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If we sign Dzeko, do we play as we are now or do we change?

Best ask someone who followed Inter a bit. I know at one time he had 6 top strikers on the books, but I'm not sure what tactics he played as I dont follow Italy.

Mind you, one of them was Adriano - no wonder he shipped out Robson.

He changed tactics quite a lot with Inter, as he has with us, but Dzeko seems to get on the end of quite a few headers & crosses. As it stands, if we sign Dzeko, we could do with signing someone to get the ball to him. Either that or a lot of practice is called for between now & Jan if we're to get full value out of him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Crossie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 am

This is getting stupid.

We have the best and deepest squad in the premier league. FACT.

We just need experience, both the current players and the manager. We need Mancini to open up abit and attack some teams. We are bless with fucking awesome attacking players, but we play boring slow shit football at the moment.

I dont agree with him not playing Adebayor after he broke his duck and visibly grew in confidence before our very own eyes.

To be honest i dont think the players respect Mancini enough to go along with the way he is managing things. I know he's won shit, but not in England.

If you put Fergie or Wenger in charge here, we'd be top of the league no problem.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 am

I said somewhere else we should go for him (even if he's overpriced) IF we lose Ade in January (and the way things look at the moment, that is very possible). From what I've seen he would fit quite nicely into the Prem and the club.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:02 am

Crossie wrote:This is getting stupid.

We just need experience, both the current players and the manager. We need Mancini to open up abit and attack some teams. We are bless with fucking awesome attacking players, but we play boring slow shit football at the moment.

I dont agree with him not playing Adebayor after he broke his duck and visibly grew in confidence before our very own eyes.

To be honest i dont think the players respect Mancini enough to go along with the way he is managing things. I know he's won shit, but not in England.

If you put Fergie or Wenger in charge here, we'd be top of the league no problem.

You could be right but both those managers are very experienced in the Prem & Bob is still new to the scene. If he doesn't rate Ade then that's his decision. Give him the exact players he wants & then see what he does with them. If it doesn't work out in the long run we'll still have a great squad anyhow.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fesan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 am

I want Dzeko more than Torres.. think he will become king in a good team in the premiership.. Considering Torres' injury record I'd rather have a Dzeko that can start week in and week out instead of a Torres that plays 15 games a season.

A fit Torres though.. tough choice, I say let's pull a Winnie the Pooh and get 'em both!
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 am

Fesan wrote:I want Dzeko more than Torres.. think he will become king in a good team in the premiership.. Considering Torres' injury record I'd rather have a Dzeko that can start week in and week out instead of a Torres that plays 15 games a season.

A fit Torres though.. tough choice, I say let's pull a Winnie the Pooh and get 'em both!

You pretty much echoed my thoughts. Dzeko (even overpriced) would also represent better value for money in the longterm, and value IS very important to the club (even if just for media reasons) for ANY purchase.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:29 am

I think Mancio should get the best of the players he already has. The fact that he doesn't seem to like/play anyone other than Carlos and Mario is beyond me.

What happens if Dzeko comes, do we then drop Carlos?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Goose » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:36 am

I rate Dzeko. Although I imagine that he would be play 'second' fiddle to Carlos though. The system Mancini wants to play requires Tevez, Silva, and Balo. I think that will be his first choice when everyone is fit. Dzeko or whoever comes in, will be challenging Carlos for the lone striker's role.
The Goose
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:37 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I think Mancio should get the best of the players he already has. The fact that he doesn't seem to like/play anyone other than Carlos and Mario is beyond me.

There as SO many options - two up front with Silva supporting them - Dzeko as a lone front man while Tevez is rested - a front three with Dzeko central (incorporating Tevez and Silva/Balotelli). He'd have no problems fitting in to our current formations and we wouldn't have to say goodbye to anyone (other than Ade, and I'm a big fan of Ade before anyone tries to say anything different)
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Crossie wrote:This is getting stupid.

I agree Crossie. I think we already have the players we need and I don't think Dzeko will be a big improvement on Ade. Its up to Mancini to change the style and get the best out of the players we already have.
With Tevez, Ade and Mario with Silva behind, I think we have enough firepower and we saw how that worked against WBA. I can't believe that RM doesn't rate Ade. I mean what's the guy got to do after scoring 5 in 3 matches (including our only header of the season !!).
If Mancini insists on playing 3 DM's even for home matches, then we will always struggle to score goals.
What we probably need is another top class winger ala Gareth Bale as we now know the best position for Silva is behind the strikers or basically a free role. We have AJ who's best position seems to be on the right. Milner for me is not a conventional winger and Mario for me is an out and out striker who can get on the end of things instead of creating them.
However this will work only if RM plays a 4-4-2 system with 2 wingers and 2 strikers. I think NDJ and Barry or Yaya should be good enough to protect our defence, we don't need 3. But that's my thinking and RM seems to have other ideas, so even if we bring in Dzeko, I don't think things will change much.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I think Mancio should get the best of the players he already has. The fact that he doesn't seem to like/play anyone other than Carlos and Mario is beyond me.

There as SO many options - two up front with Silva supporting them - Dzeko as a lone front man while Tevez is rested - a front three with Dzeko central (incorporating Tevez and Silva/Balotelli). He'd have no problems fitting in to our current formations and we wouldn't have to say goodbye to anyone (other than Ade, and I'm a big fan of Ade before anyone tries to say anything different)

I think Ade has fantastic ability but is a nutter, obviously & flits about a bit randomly. However good he is though, Mancini seems to have decided he wants Dzeko or A.N. Other & he must see something in his target players that he thinks will work in the formations he's trying to use. If that means Ade goes then that's that. No point in arguing about that now as we haven't got any evidence yet to compare the two. See if Mancini's right in the long term & judge it then.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CitizenYank » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:56 pm

The last thing we need is another striker. What we need is more proving time for the squad we currently
have. Plus adding another 100 million pound player won't exactly help us with the fair play rule coming up.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum