What's the deal with Boateng?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What's the deal with Boateng?

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:51 pm

obv taking a while to bed in...

is it me or is he REALLY fucking slow? I thought he was meant to be quite quick
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby CityGer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:04 pm

He'll come good but he looks more of a centre half than a right back to me.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 pm

He was under orders, as was Milner. Glaringly obvious. His first tackle is slow and embarrassing at the moment but he makes a great tackle if he stands up and jockeys the winger so hopefully he will realise it. How can you watch the game and not see Kolarov was a mile off the pace? He could barely do the basics. Needs to be brought back slowly which is what Mancini is doing.Zab still the pick at the mo.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 am

Never under-estimate the time it takes for players to bed into the PL. Even world cup players. He'll be good, and as Mac says was clearly under team orders.

Still cant believe some on here are saying we should have attacked this, bombed forward here and bombed forward there etc etc. Have they neveer watched Scum? Learned nothing from last season? That would've killed us for sure.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Boateng let crosses and shots come in from his side yet again. Does he not enjoy tackling or something? Would have been punished against a team with any quality about them. Zabaleta or Richards for me a right back. I'd actually like Nedum back at the club too as he's better than Boateng at the moment.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby 13021J » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:27 pm

It took Kolarov a few games to get up to speed, seems to be taking JB a few more!

He hasn't looked as good as he did for Germany yet, still needs time to get used to our pattern of play.

He looks to have all the potential but the brain hasn't clicked for him yet in terms of positional play offensive runs/passes.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 pm

He played awful in the World Cup for Germany though, a real liability and at fault for two goals I can remember including the one against England. I never saw him play in Germany but I've watched every game since we signed him especially in the world cup and he looks average and nothing more.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby dazby » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:32 pm

I think the deceiving thing for Boateng is that he looks very comfortable on the ball. As far as defending goes he's not that flash.

I am sure that if Wenger had him he'd reinvent him as a def mid.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Maybe he's nervous because some fans have unrealistic expectations of him? He's young so the chances are he browses the web to pass the time occasionally - I just hope he doesn't come on here.
He's shown signs in his appearances over the season so far, of a solid powerful shot, good delivery (decent crosses and awareness outweighing any poor crosses/passes in the same time frame) and he just needs to be left alone to get on with things in his own time really.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:58 pm

He was a mistake, his mum said so.

Nothing's changed since then.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:34 pm

He has said recently that he hasnt been pleased with his own form this season but he does put some of it down to injuries he has had.
The quality will come so don't worry.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:11 pm

He was terrific in the Third Placed Final playing for once at Right Back. Can't blame him for being kept out of Right Back By Lahm. He'll come good, I'm sure. We're playing well enough to give players a chance to fit in. So far I'm very pleased with Mancini's additions. He inherited De Jong and Barry in central midfield. Now we have added Yaya and Silva which has totally transformed us. I'm also very pleased with Kolarov and there's more to come from him. Milner is a very solid squad player who'll come against Everton and do a job for us. That leaves Balo who clearly hasd all the talent in the world but has yet to come to terms with English football and English referees and Jerome who's had a difficult time with an injury early on. I'm more than happy to give them the time they need. Earlier in the season some people were saying Silva was too small and Yaya too fat and lumbering for a forward role. Now look at them.

Six points from the next two games would give us 38 at the halfway mark which would clearly be a Champion's League first half. Everton and Newcastle away won't be easy but I think we've a good chance of winning both.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:45 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:He looked a class act at the start of the season but yesterday he looked nervy as fuck

I'm assuming Bobby brought him in as an attacking fullback but every time he got the ball last night he didn't look up to see who was available in front of him...he just passed backwards time and time again

Definitely looked like a centre-half playing in the wrong position which is essentially what he is

That RB position is Citys achilles heel...we never get it right there

FFS, he wasn't brought in as a FB, Mancini and Jerome both stated that he was potential and more than likely to be a the next CB (in for Kolo).

I wonder where he played for his last club, or was he just a German?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum