4 Points Ahead of the Chasing Pack

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 4 Points Ahead of the Chasing Pack

Postby ant london » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:05 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:WOW.

It seems that many people have raised their expectations to ridiculous levels. As things stand we are very much on course to Champion's League qualification but that's obviously not enought to many people anymore.

Funny that many of those same people preached about patience before. Now that we are finally on course to do what is expected, people raise their expectations so that we will never meet them.

We will not win the league, I could've told that to people even before the season started.

You really can be a plonker at times mate.

There are a few people on here who are ranting and saying "get Mancini out".....but they are very very much in a minority.

Others who previously preached patience before are being just that...patient. That does not mean that they have lost the capacity to see things that are not going right in the way we are playing and being sent out to play.

Not being happy with how we performed last night (or even at the fact that we got turned over by Wolves and beaten by Posnan and Arsenal) does NOT equate to people automatically wanting Mancini out.

Personally, I'm very happy with our league position but recognise that our football is pretty dire at times and we should certainly not have been beaten by Wolves or Posnan, both defeats being down largely to potty team selections.

Mancini has got the whole season, at the very least, for me to get this right.

What annoys me (and others) is when you and your fellow Mancini acolytes try to make out that people are being hysterical, hypocritical and totally overreacting when they question what the fuck Roberto Mancini is trying to do, or how he goes about doing it.

Your pointing at the table and going "look how well we are doing, there is absolutely nothing wrong" is just delusional
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:11 am

This is another results v performances topic isn't it? You cheeky rascals.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Re: 4 Points Adrift of the Chasing Pack

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:23 am

mr_nool wrote:Point- and position wise I agree. I would like top see some more balls, though. Especially when playing the red scum at home.

Yeah. What do you mean panty, show us some balls!
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 am

london blue 2 wrote:

It seems that many people have raised their expectations to ridiculous levels. As things stand we are very much on course to Champion's League qualification but that's obviously not enought to many people anymore.

Funny that many of those same people preached about patience before. Now that we are finally on course to do what is expected, people raise their expectations so that we will never meet them.

We will not win the league, I could've told that to people even before the season started.

I expected to win most of the shitty games we dropped points in. Did you not?

Individually yes. However if we are aiming for top 4 finish, we have room for few poor results. If we are looking to win the league we don't.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:58 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Individually yes. However if we are aiming for top 4 finish, we have room for few poor results. If we are looking to win the league we don't.

Course we're looking to win the league. we wanna win every match, well all of us barring you and Mancini by the looks/sounds of things.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:59 am

london blue 2 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Course we're looking to win the league. we wanna win every match, well all of us barring you and Mancini by the looks/sounds of things.

Right then. I think that's ridiculous target.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:03 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Right then. I think that's ridiculous target.

What to win every match?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:03 pm

This current regime has already shown it may say one thing in public but wants more and is not afraid to pull the trigger. Do you really think they spent all that money over the summer just to improve one position.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:

This current regime has already shown it may say one thing in public but wants more and is not afraid to pull the trigger. Do you really think they spent all that money over the summer just to improve one position.

The main thing FOR THEM seems to be qualification to Champion's League and the big money it will bring in. There's also the UEFA financial regulations thingamajig. I think that is reasonable target in bigger scheme of things. I think we are aiming for mid- to long term global domination and getting into Champion's League is one HUGE step we need to take.

My personal hopes are bit different as I want us to win something. I'm one of those people who'd prefer us to finish 17th if we won League cup for example. But it's the plan of the owners that rules here.

Fact is that Mancini WILL get the boot if we don't get into top 4. I don't think winning League Cup would've changed that. He is obviously trying to do that by any means necessery right now.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Let's face it. Winning the league this season, whilst possible, is probably one or two seasons away.

For me:

Top 4 essential

Cup final would be more progress.

Getting the squad used to the rigours of Europe and League consistency. Must have.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby superkev8705 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:50 pm

dazby wrote:Let's face it. Winning the league this season, whilst possible, is probably one or two seasons away.

For me:

Top 4 essential

Getting the squad used to the rigours of Europe and League consistency. Must have.

I agree with that. Last point is interesting. Tottenham are struggling to cope with that and it makes me wonder how we would of done.
Back of the net
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Scatman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:00 pm

superkev8705 wrote:
dazby wrote:Let's face it. Winning the league this season, whilst possible, is probably one or two seasons away.

For me:

Top 4 essential

I agree with that. Last point is interesting. Tottenham are struggling to cope with that and it makes me wonder how we would of done.

We aren't doing too bad I don't think. One poor result in Europe but other than that it's going ok
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby superkev8705 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Scatman wrote:
superkev8705 wrote:

For me:

Top 4 essential

We aren't doing too bad I don't think. One poor result in Europe but other than that it's going ok

Suppose but if we would of put the Lech Poznan line up out against Inter we would of been murdered. Difficult to juggle Chumps Lge and Premier League.
Back of the net
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Brad » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:13 pm

For me:

Top 4 essential

Agreed mate, itlld be interesting too see how we progress in the champions league if we do qualify.
I have faith in Bobby due to his past experience in the cup.
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby petrov » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I got slated on here sunday for saying we could be 5 points clear today. Imho we are 70% of the way there. If we can see out our way to the half way mark relatively well and be still 4 or 5 clear of the chasing pack at the 20 game mark, than I can't see us failing.

Like I said last night, well done Mancini, well done City. Great start and well on course for our objective.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:14 pm

I have been preaching patience and i still am.. even more so i would say. I am happy with our points tally, just about, and as long as we are in touch with the top team will remain very happy. I have raised my expectations and unlike you dont think that the title is out of reach. I am still expecting us to improve as there remains scope for that with all the new players and the slow start most of them have had. We could well yet be stronger in the second half of the season that we have been so far. I will be mildly disappointed if we drop off the pace too far to be out of the title running, but that is no big deal really as that still means we would be on track for what the target is.
This is football after all and despite what it looks like might pan out now there will be plenty of ups and downs yet to come.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sandman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Plus we have played every top half side except bolton so far...
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Talking about people changing their opinions, I can't be arsed searching through all your posts, but I'm pretty sure that you said you would never forget or forgive Hughes for the gutless performance in his first home derby?

Last night is the worst derby performance I've ever seen (considering levels of talent available and the relatively poor quality of United these days) so I'm guessing you are pretty fuming about it?
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:

Talking about people changing their opinions, I can't be arsed searching through all your posts, but I'm pretty sure that you said you would never forget or forgive Hughes for the gutless performance in his first home derby?

Last night is the worst derby performance I've ever seen (considering levels of talent available and the relatively poor quality of United these days) so I'm guessing you are pretty fuming about it?

if you rather take losing in derby than result then that's up to you.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:

if you rather take losing in derby than result then that's up to you.

do you think last night's performance was full of the passion, courage and endeavour that you lambasted the previous management's derby performances for lacking?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum