You have to score

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

You have to score

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:24 am

Bobby you negative Italian twat. If you want to win you have to set up with a side that has the vaguest chance of scoring a goal.
I'm glad I can say this after a not too bad result so it does't look like i'm just moaning when we lose.
Bob, try and score goals or fuck off.
That was rubbish! I don't want to watch the tactics of a frightened man.
Attack ffs.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Re: You have to score

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:39 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Bobby you negative Italian twat. If you want to win you have to set up with a side that has the vaguest chance of scoring a goal.
I'm glad I can say this after a not too bad result so it does't look like i'm just moaning when we lose.
Bob, try and score goals or fuck off.
Attack ffs.

...and end up managing Fulham.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 am

I don't see Wenger applying for the job at Craven Cottage
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:52 am

Mario was the missing ingredient. We could have crossed to him.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:02 am

Mancini is the best manager for City unless Mourinho decides he wants to come back to England. Of course he knows you have to score, he also knows that falling 6 points behind the rags would be unacceptable and that the realistic target for the season is top four, which is looking good. He'll play more attacking football when he has a partner for Tevez up front. He thought Balotelli would do that job, but he got injured and now he's suspended, he'd have gone for Rooney or Torres if they'd become available, and he'll be in for Dzeko in January. Then again, if he could have put up with Bellamy his pace would have done wonders.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Michigan Blue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:57 am

We scored ten days ago at Molineux in one of the most gutless, disgusting performances I have ever seen.

Matching or improving on last season's results is the real must.

By that criteria the last four days have been a success and Brum at the weekend is a must-win. We smashed them at COMS a year ago. Three points is essential.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:30 am

Weak links in the team were Milner, Barry and a piss poor performance by yaya toure. Felt sorry for tevez and silva last night they ooze quality with poor team mates around them!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Crossie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:31 am

His little smile at the final whistle is what REALLY pissed me off, he was totally happy with a point.

Wanker
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:34 am

dick dastardley wrote:Weak links in the team were Milner, Barry and a piss poor performance by yaya toure. Felt sorry for tevez and silva last night they ooze quality with poor team mates around them!!!

Some of their team mates may have been a little poor last night (I disagree with Barry btw) but you cannot say we haven't the quality to go forward. What about AJ, what did he do?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:50 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:Weak links in the team were Milner, Barry and a piss poor performance by yaya toure. Felt sorry for tevez and silva last night they ooze quality with poor team mates around them!!!

Some of their team mates may have been a little poor last night (I disagree with Barry btw) but you cannot say we haven't the quality to go forward. What about AJ, what did he do?

Fuck all again.

Cant help feeling a lot of these negative posters just dont understand the tactics of the game at all. Throw everyone forward and we lose - simple as. Scum were up for it and we didn't find a chink in their armour. They didn't look like scoring - when was the last time that happened against a Scum team in full flow - or one not in full flow for that matter!!??

I certainly cant remember a time, but I remember many matches hanging on like grim death whilst kidding ourselves we were on an equal footing.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:06 am

Crossie wrote:His little smile at the final whistle is what REALLY pissed me off, he was totally happy with a point.

Wanker

While you were totally disappointed???????

What the hell???

It may not have been one for the reissue of "Bolts From the Blue" but 0-0 is very reasonable result against rags by anyone's standards.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dronny » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:09 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Crossie wrote:His little smile at the final whistle is what REALLY pissed me off, he was totally happy with a point.

Wanker

While you were totally disappointed???????

What the hell???

It may not have been one for the reissue of "Bolts From the Blue" but 0-0 is very reasonable result against rags by anyone's standards.

Let's hope there's not another 7 or 8 to follow it!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 am

john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fuck all again.

Cant help feeling a lot of these negative posters just dont understand the tactics of the game at all. Throw everyone forward and we lose - simple as. Scum were up for it and we didn't find a chink in their armour. They didn't look like scoring - when was the last time that happened against a Scum team in full flow - or one not in full flow for that matter!!??

I certainly cant remember a time, but I remember many matches hanging on like grim death whilst kidding ourselves we were on an equal footing.

John, There is something between 'throwing everyone forward" and not bothering with a forward line.
Not only could you see in the early stages of the game that we were going to struggle to score, but you knew as the team was announced.
And you could be fairly certain that was going to be the set up he opted for.
I am NOT saying I wanted glorious failure going all out attack. But I do expect us to be able to mount some pressure on the opposition and cause them some problems, particularly at home. And what's worse, is it wouldn't be that surprising if we lined up in much the same way v Brum at home on Saturday.
We went into that game with just TWO naturally attack minded players.
It's not good enough.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Piccs,
I love it when you get a bee in your bonnet...such a gentle bloke who turns into a rottweiller. I am pleased that having lost Petrov, you now have Mancini.....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:baconface you negative Caledonian twat. If you want to win you have to set up with a side that has the vaguest chance of scoring a goal.
fergie, try and score goals or fuck off.
Attack ffs.

Amended for a slightly different perspective.

Against good teams you have got to defend properly. Games at the very highest level are won by the team that makes the fewest mistakes, Brazil v Holland in summer being a classic example; Greece v Portugal in Euro 2004 being another. Do you think the Greek fans or the Dutch fans really gave a shit? And does anyone care now?

Why do some people think that watching good defending is boring?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sandman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:34 pm

A thread criticising negativity from one of our most negative posters.

Image Image Image
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:baconface you negative Caledonian twat. If you want to win you have to set up with a side that has the vaguest chance of scoring a goal.
fergie, try and score goals or fuck off.
Attack ffs.

Amended for a slightly different perspective.

Against good teams you have got to defend properly. Games at the very highest level are won by the team that makes the fewest mistakes, Brazil v Holland in summer being a classic example; Greece v Portugal in Euro 2004 being another. Do you think the Greek fans or the Dutch fans really gave a shit? And does anyone care now?

Why do some people think that watching good defending is boring?

The Dutch are a poor example since most of them are deluded and think that they still have the player material to dominate, playing the free flowing total football of the 70's. Many Dutch were actually ashamed of the physical "anti-football" that the team played against Spain (anti-football within quotation marks, since I don't agree with the term or the criticism) and I've hear many saying that they're glad that Spain won (of course that's not what i heard in the heat of the moment, but in hindsight).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:01 pm

You have to concede a goal to lose a game
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 pm

sandman wrote:A thread criticising negativity from one of our most negative posters.

Image Image Image

I went to the game last night with high hopes. I backed my team til I lost my voice. I took the positives of the WBA game, of the position in the league and the hopes of a top four place. But the football on show continues to drive me to distraction and squeezes all the positivity out of me.
On the face of it, it's going to plan, but I believe that there are cracks being papered over.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Piccs,
You are basing your opinion on your gut feelings based on what you have seen but you are failing to take other matters into consideration.
Mancini dare not fail. He has been instructed to qualify for the CL and failure is not an option. To fail means the bullet and could have major financial implications with the UeFA finance rules. The stakes are too high to contemplate failure.
He obviously feels that by defending deep, the talent he has up front will score and we will win more games than we lose and sufficient games will be won to take is into the CL.
This is a temporary situation. We know he has plans or wishes to buy a top striker. Do you really think he would buy a Torres, then not use him.
Sit tight, tolerate this temporary phase and allow him the chance to take us into a next phase, with a better strikeforce and then make your critique. You may well end up right but it is still too early to make that fair assessment.

Oh...and wasn't that Petrov goal the other day a blinder...eh!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum