POLL: Tactics - namely the attacking type

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Will Mancini change his current tactics to be more attacking in the future?

Yes
46%
No
48%
But YaYa Toure is a better striker than Adebayor!
6%

Total votes : 67

POLL: Tactics - namely the attacking type

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:02 am

I've all but given up hope of seeing City playing attacking full flowing football under Mancini now. He's found his comfort zone and he's playing within it - traditional Italian style football, defend at all costs, do not concede and play slow paced football, wear down the opposition and score a goal, two if we are lucky. In his post match interview this evening Mancini was delighted with the way we played.

Many were saying that Mancini would be an attacking manager once his team was in place. Injuries made us wait a lot longer and many (including me) was saying once we have Boateng and Kolarov bombing down the wings in space our formation would naturally become more attacking. Now in the cold light of day we can see that Boateng is not an attacking fullback and is scared to cross the half way line and cannot pass forward. It's Tevez or bust for our attacks I'm afraid.

I fear we'll forever play this way and I feel so disappointed in the team as I know for a fact those players could entertain the fuck out of the crowd if they were given the license to.

Would like to know if others still have faith in Mancini adopting a more attacking mentality this season?
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: POLL: Tactics - namely the attacking type

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 am

Of course he will, you only have to have a look at his inter milan sides and his own abilities as a player to find the answer.

But there has got to be a middle ground, just look at Spurs, build from the back, build a base and then explore your attacking strengths.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:05 am

I hope so.

Can I have one of Nool's Happy Dog pics with this post, that's how enthusiastic I am?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bluej » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 am

How many games has Boateng played for us? I'm not surprised he's not bombed forwards, the first time he did it tonight we nearly got caught out on the break because no one covered it.

I've been among the first to criticise our tactics at times this season but I'm glad Mancini has gone into his comfort zone again, I feel much more assured at picking up points. And everyone knows what points mean...
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 am

bluej wrote: And everyone knows what points mean...

5th?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bluej » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:

5th?

?

Where are we now?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:22 am

bluej wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

5th?

?

Where are we now?

Where were we at this stage last season? I actually don't know, but I suspect somewhere similar.

To be honest, if this is what you have to do to get 4th, I'd rather finish 5th, as at least I might be able to stay awake through the game
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 am

Already said that I will take 26 games of whatever Mancini dishes up as long as it gets us the points. People don't like it boo fucking hoo.

Taggart rallied his old guard and told then not to lose the fucking match. Mancini did the same. Deal with it.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:25 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I hope so.

Can I have one of Nool's Happy Dog pics with this post, that's how enthusiastic I am?

All I can say - having watched about 30 years of Mancio's footy is that he 's an attacking minded football lover and definitely not a modern Nereo Rocco or Giovanni Trapattoni.

Then, I'd add it 's clear that he care about the City job and he felt under pressure following the recent outcome.

I am very disappointed as all of You, because I really wanted to tear the rags apart, but I can see why a manager desparate to succeed at this job is taking the most pragmatic approach. He's already been fuck off at Inter Milan for not been pragmatic enough when due and he seems to have earned from that lesson, imo.

That said, we should had win this fooklin derby, though!!!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:25 am

Why are people being so negative, we didn't get beat did we?

I bet Carlos is chuffed to fuck about the point against United; surely?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:27 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Why are people being so negative, we didn't get beat did we?

no one should be chuffed to fuck about tonight, doesn't mean it was wrong though.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:28 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Why are people being so negative, we didn't get beat did we?

no one should be chuffed to fuck about tonight, doesn't mean it was wrong though.

See, negativity again.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:28 am

BobKowalski wrote:Already said that I will take 26 games of whatever Mancini dishes up as long as it gets us the points. People don't like it boo fucking hoo.

Taggart rallied his old guard and told then not to lose the fucking match. Mancini did the same. Deal with it.

Pity we changed all the tactics drastically away from home last week & got beat by fucking Wolves then really eh?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:29 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:Of course he will, you only have to have a look at his inter milan sides and his own abilities as a player to find the answer.

But there has got to be a middle ground, just look at Spurs, build from the back, build a base and then explore your attacking strengths.

Good players don't necessarily make good managers.

Spurs are shocking at the back, mainly due to centre halves made of glass, so play to their strengths by attacking

I still hope once Mario and Kolarov are available and boateng has settled in, we'll be really attacking, but I'm starting to have serious doubts. I'm not sure someone who is naturally attacking could play this defensively for 12 months, without seeing some chinks of excitement once in a while
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bluej » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:Already said that I will take 26 games of whatever Mancini dishes up as long as it gets us the points. People don't like it boo fucking hoo.

Pity we changed all the tactics drastically away from home last week & got beat by fucking Wolves then really eh?

To be honest, I'm more upset that we did that than I am about the negativity tonight. If we hadn't fucked about with the tactics at wolves and had 3 extra points then it would have made the world of difference.

And if my auntie had testicles...
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:31 am

Why don't we get Fat Sam or Neil Warnock in then? I'm sure they could get the points too.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Yep. But then we fucking moan when he does and fucking moan when he doesn't so I'll take the fucking moaning along with some points.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:33 am

BobKowalski wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Yep. But then we fucking moan when he does and fucking moan when he doesn't so I'll take the fucking moaning along with some point.

Edited for substance.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:41 am

BobKowalski wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Yep. But then we fucking moan when he does and fucking moan when he doesn't so I'll take the fucking moaning along with some points.[/quote
]
All I've asked for all season is that we play balanced sides & try to win games like today, if neccessary by making one or two more attacking changes. I've never asked for 3 defenders to be changed or suddenly 4 forwards or any of that, like the kind of random bllox Bob has pulled in some away games, just a more positive attacking philosphy in games like today. Instead, we get bizarre unneccessary changes when we don't need it & the same old boring safety first shite when we need a bit of inspiration.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:12 am

Mancini is a shithouse.
We will never be entertaining under him. Frightened of his own shadow.
His "tactics" ensured the best we could hope for was 0-0 tonight.
Bobby you have to score to win you negative fuck.
We even look Italian.
Bobby Out Now!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum