Training Tuesday 9/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 9/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Cold,wet and windy today but a routine training session the day before a game which is anything but routine.As I said to NMT it will be good today if it's all low key as it was before the WBA game as long as the match result is the same.

Everybody came out including Adebayor so his problem yesterday was minor as expected and they all got together behind fencing for the usual gentle warm up jogging in team formation around a pitch as Mancini likes to do.Plenty of cameras around as expected and I would guess most looking for pictures of Tevez so they would have been a little disappointed as he went in after the initial stuff.No problems anticipated as he was in for a massage and will be fine.

M Johnson also out working hard close to the rest and working hard to improve his sharpness.How he must want to get back fully involved and lets hope it's soon and we might see a reserve outing before too long.

After the gentle formation work thay played some form of Aussie Rules game with typically not many rules at all. All about having fun before they all came over close to the fencing and split into 2 keep ball circles.Great for the few fans watching to be so close and of course also for the photographers.Just seems strange to me that if they really don't want photographers there why go so close to make it even easier for them? Great banter going on in both groups and especially the one I was closest too involving Micah and Nigel.Kiddo was the man charged with keeping order but how he understands what is going on given all the languages is beyond me.

They moved onto a sort of 11 a side game but in a confined space of less than half a pitch. I think it was 2 touch only and just about pass and move and control.Not easy at all but something they work on day after day.Only a short game this and then half the group went inside. No need to overdo it and increase the risk of a last minute injury.But good old Nigel did score as ever in training and this time with his left foot which he made sure every one was aware of. Not to be outdone later ,Bridge scored with his right foot.

The remainder just played a 6 a side game to finish off with. Shay was under a lot of pressure and looking really good until one fierce shot squirmed through him.To say he wasn't happy would be an understatement as he wellied the ball as far away as possible.It got worse after that as Micah managed to get one past him.Watching Micah in this game and you realise what an awesome defender he can be.One on one he is so strong and quick and he has a great ability in last ditch stuff to block shots.If only he was always switched on.

Then there was an incident which was quite worrying and required the police and ambulance to be called.Fortunately it was on the road outside where we heard a big crash. We couldnt see much but all those parked in the lay by there were concerned their car had been run into. Hoepfully nothing too serious. Hopefully the same for Mario who seemed to twist his knee a little literally seconds before the end. It wasnt a contact thing but just seemed a jarring as his right leg slipped.He did limp off with the rest but hopefully it won't be a problem.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 9/11

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 pm

I hope I live long enough to see Nigel carry his training scoring touch onto the big stage - just once is all I ask!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:49 pm

john@staustell wrote:I hope I live long enough to see Nigel carry his training scoring touch onto the big stage - just once is all I ask!

It will happen I am convinced and the celebration will be worth watching.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Twobob » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Now I know you're making it all up Doug ...

Bridge scored with his right foot.

What was he using to stand on?

;-)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Twobob wrote:Now I know you're making it all up Doug ...

Bridge scored with his right foot.

What was he using to stand on?

;-)

My steps.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:48 pm

john@staustell wrote:I hope I live long enough to see Nigel carry his training scoring touch onto the big stage - just once is all I ask!

What are the odds for Big Nige to score at the Derby??
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Cant wait to see Nige score.. and he will soon enough im sure.. will it be in the Derby.. hmm lets see!

Great report Doug, many thanks as usual.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blues2win » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Mancini didn't sound too confident about Adebayor in the Press Conference . Fingers crossed. He may be needed as an impact player. I imagine it will be Milner for Balotelli and maybe Kolarov for Zabaleta.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:38 pm

blues2win wrote:Mancini didn't sound too confident about Adebayor in the Press Conference . Fingers crossed. He may be needed as an impact player. I imagine it will be Milner for Balotelli and maybe Kolarov for Zabaleta.

But why though, seeing that Doug said he looked OK? Is Mancio playing mind-games or just not planning on playing him? I'll go for the latter.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
blues2win wrote:Mancini didn't sound too confident about Adebayor in the Press Conference . Fingers crossed. He may be needed as an impact player. I imagine it will be Milner for Balotelli and maybe Kolarov for Zabaleta.

But why though, seeing that Doug said he looked OK? Is Mancio playing mind-games or just not planning on playing him? I'll go for the latter.

Not mind games but just common sense.Ade was one of those who stayed out longest but they will have to see if there is a reaction overnight before considering him for ther game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sandman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Once DeJong pops his goal cherry I could imagine him getting quite a few.

He gets into some great positions when we are attacking, a little bit of confidence and he get us an extra few points a season.
sandman

Postby Crossie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:08 pm

If Mario's tweaked his knee its pretty good timing for a rest.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Not mind games but just common sense.Ade was one of those who stayed out longest but they will have to see if there is a reaction overnight before considering him for ther game.

Cheers Doug, just thought it a little odd after your report.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

He probably did the press conference before the training so wouldnt know until after the session how it all went.

PS there were others up the trees today but none with your climbing prowess.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goataldo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Good stuff, it was pretty minging out there today.

I was a tad concerned over our forward line, until I learnt Nige was on fire!

His first goal for us will be an overhead kick. You heard it here first. I demand a pint from each of you when this comes true.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

He probably did the press conference before the training so wouldnt know until after the session how it all went.

PS there were others up the trees today but none with your climbing prowess.

Ha ha ha, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, booked 2 weeks off from Friday just to ensure I get my seat ;-)

Anyway Big man, can you do the usual PM when/if you get time, it'd be much appreciated?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:00 pm

uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:Good stuff, it was pretty minging out there today.

I was a tad concerned over our forward line, until I learnt Nige was on fire!

His first goal for us will be an overhead kick. You heard it here first. I demand a pint from each of you when this comes true.

I'm hoping for a classic volley, leaning back on one leg and rifling it in with his other (from a piece of Silva magic).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Ladyman running a story now that Tevez might not play tomorrow now... ffs...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:27 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Ladyman running a story now that Tevez might not play tomorrow now... ffs...

FFS? You dont think it's a City-generated spin then?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Return to The Maine Football forum