Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:41 am

'Frustrated' Roque Santa Cruz resigned to Man City exit interview (part 14 in a series of 247)
Roque Santa Cruz has told the BBC he is resigned to leaving Manchester City in January and revealed his frustrations at the lack of first-team chances.
City manager Roberto Mancini admitted in October the 29-year-old Paraguay striker would find it "difficult" to gain a place in the first XI.
"I can't see myself playing in the team and that's frustrating," Santa Cruz told BBC Radio 5 live.
"When the boss does not believe in you then you can't push him to do so."
Santa Cruz scored 23 goals in 57 matches for Blackburn before joining City in the summer of 2009 for £17.5m.
However, injuries and stiff competition for places have hampered his progress and he has scored only four goals in 23 appearances for the club.
He added: "It's frustrating for me because I'm healthy and I'll keep working hard on my fitness.
"But once the time comes I'll have to look at my options of playing somewhere else. There is no alternative."
Fulham boss Mark Hughes, who worked with Santa Cruz both at City and at Blackburn, has already expressed his interest.
"I'm interested in players of the quality of Roque," said the Welsh manager in October, who failed in an attempt to sign Santa Cruz on loan during the summer.
"My interest in him before was there for everybody to see and whether we pursue that in January is open to debate. I'm not aware that he's available. That might change."

Manchester City have offered Roque Santa Cruz to Wolfsburg for around £3.5m according to reports in Germany. The 29-year-old Paraguay striker cost City £17.5m when they signed him Blackburn in the summer of 2009.
IM Scouting

Manchester United press talking equivalent, Patrice Evra, dismisses City challenge and focuses on title (Part 16 of 372)
Patrice Evra has dismissed Manchester City’s ambitions of becoming bigger and better than Manchester United by claiming: “They always say that, but they never beat us.”
Comments made in January by Garry Cook, the Manchester City chief executive, that it was “not if, but when, we beat United again” proved embarrassingly premature with City going out of the Carling Cup in a semi-final at Old Trafford just five days later.
And Cook’s claim, made at the same time as his second-leg prediction, that “this football club will be, without doubt, the biggest and best in the world” has not been forgotten at Manchester United.
With the funds of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan bankrolling City’s huge investment in players, the gap between Manchester’s century-old rivals has narrowed to its closest point since the clubs contested the title race in the Sixties.
The spectre of City loitering in the background during Wayne Rooney's acrimonious contract stand-off with United last month only highlighted the growing threat posed by City to United’s long-held position as Manchester’s dominant force.
And United’s unbeaten record this season faces its sternest test so far on Wednesday when the two clubs meet in a Premier League encounter at Eastlands. Roberto Mancini’s team would move level on points with Sir Alex Ferguson’s men with a victory.
But United defender Evra, who made his debut in a 3-1 defeat at City in January 2006, believes that the outcome of the 156th Manchester derby will result in nothing more than bragging rights for the victor.
And despite the bullish talk of silverware and glory at Eastlands, Evra insists that Ferguson’s squad are unconcerned by City’s grand ambitions and aspirations of overhauling United.
“They always say that and they never beat us,” Evra said. “I can say it would be nice to beat Manchester City because it is a special game, it is the derby and everyone wants to win, but it is not the priority. The priority for us is to win the league.
“When we start the league season we think about winning every game. We don’t just need to win against Manchester City, we look to win the league, that’s it.
“If we beat City, it is a good result for Manchester United. It will be normal, but it will not be so special.”
United face City tomorrow for the first time since the Rooney saga. At the time police were called to the United forward’s house to clear a mob displaying banners threatening him of the consequences of a move to City.
Menacing anti-Rooney graffiti was also daubed outside a Nike store in Manchester city centre before the 25 year-old performed a U-turn by signing a new five-year contract at Old Trafford.
Rooney’s week-long conditioning course at Nike HQ in Portland, Oregon, will ensure he is 5,000 miles away. But with United embarking on a six-game winning streak in the wake of Rooney’s contract dispute, Evra admits that the furore surrounding the issue has proven to be a positive for Ferguson and his players.
He said “maybe” the Rooney saga helped. “It was a little shock because we were not happy to see people saying a lot of things about us. But now, we don’t care what people say. Wayne has a five-year deal and he is still a Manchester United player.
“We hope we can get him back quickly from his injury so he can help us to win the league. But we know that, when we play with the Manchester United spirit, we can beat anyone.
“We have conceded some goals and made some silly draws this season, but nobody has beaten us. Now we keep winning because we are confident. That’s the United spirit. That’s the Man United everyone wanted to see.”

Tevez: I wish Rooney had quit United to join me at City
Carlos Tevez says he has no regrets about leaving Manchester United and says he wished Wayne Rooney had also defected to City.
Rooney eventually signed a new five-year deal with United after being courted by City during his contract stand-off at Old Trafford.
And on the eve of tomorrow’s Manchester derby, Tevez said he would love to have teamed up with Rooney again at City.
“I made the change and so far I’m not sorry,” said Tevez. “As players we are professionals and we have to make decisions that are right for us.
“But I also realise many people may not have understood my decision. All I can do is concentrate on my game and play well for City. And at the minute it is going well for me.
“Wayne is a player of great quality. He was a team-mate and a friend of mine at United and he’s one of those men that is better to have on your team than against you.
“For me he is the best English striker of recent years. I would have liked him to come here, of course. But it was complicated for him to leave United. So we have to concentrate on our own game.”
Even without Rooney, currently at a U.S. training camp recovering from injury, Tevez said he expects a tough challenge against United, who have won five of the last six meetings with City.
“Any battle against the United defence is never easy,” said Tevez. “It’s a big challenge.
“But at City we’re not obsessed by United. Our challenge is just to improve on last year and by doing that perhaps we can overtake our neighbours. That’s our aim.”

Sir Alex Ferguson fears Manchester City will keep on spending until they win the Premier League crown
Sir Alex Ferguson insists Manchester City will keep on spending until they have won something and admits Roberto Mancini's side are genuine title contenders. Ferguson's Manchester United side, the only unbeaten team in the top flight this season, face City at Eastlands on Wednesday with a three-point lead over their rivals.
The FA have confirmed that City's two-goal weekend hero Mario Balotelli will miss the game after being sent off during the 2-0 win at West Bromwich, but Ferguson said the fact both clubs are now challenging for the title will add extra spice to the contest.
Ferguson told Inside United: 'It does put an edge on (the game). I don't believe there's any question about that.
'We know the kind of money they're spending - they've bought another five or six players in the summer and they'll keep doing that until they win something.
'You know that's going to be the way it is and you have to deal with it as it comes along.
'They're up there (challenging for the title), and you can't wait until tomorrow when there's something there today. I'm sure they're thinking that way themselves.'
Ferguson has worried over injuries to Nani (groin) and Ryan Giggs (hamstring) ahead of the match.
Old foes: Tevez (right) is set to face former side United again on Wednesday
Former Inter Milan striker Balotelli will miss the match after appealing his straight red card for violent conduct on Sunday, but accepting he would have received marching orders and one-match ban for a second bookable offence. The 20-year-old clashed with Youssouf Mulumbu.
The FA said in a statement: 'The FA can confirm that Manchester City have submitted a claim that, following the dismissal of Mario Balotelli for violent conduct, the standard punishment of an automatic three match ban is clearly excessive.
The claim will be heard by an independent regulatory commission (on Tuesday).'
Mancini has urged City fans and players to keep a united front ahead of the match. Supporters sang his name during the 2-0 win at West Brom and the Italian said the crowd could make all the difference on Wednesday.
He said: 'It was fantastic to hear the fans - we played a good game for them, and they have always been behind us – and that is important for the team.
'They can see what we are doing and know we need time. To do it in two or three months is impossible, but we are in a good position and played a fantastic game at West Brom.'
'Now we must think about the derby.'
The Italian has yet again shrugged off reports of unrest behind the scenes, slamming 'some journalists' who were trying to report otherwise, and added: 'We won because we badly wanted to win - we kept the ball well and all ten outfield players did well. And if we had kept 11 players I feel we could have won 3-0 or 4-0.'

WAG OF THE DAY
"I die for footballers. When I want a player I simply become a goddess. I cover myself with vanilla and chocolate essence so they want to eat me whole. I dream that they scratch me all over. I am insatiable with men."
http://www.football.co.uk/gallery/maria ... lbum.shtml

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Aston Villa striker John Carew will be axed in January because he refuses to back down after his weekend war of words with manager Gerard Houllier. Daily Mirror

Everton have entered the race to sign Ajax utility player Urby Emanuelson for a fee of around £4m. talkSPORT

Arsenal have been put on Pepe Reina red alert after the Liverpool keeper hinted he could quit Anfield next summer. Daily Mail

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will attempt to land £15m-rated Barcelona forward Bojan Krkic in the summer. caughtoffside.com

The Red Devils have also beaten off competition to sign exciting Norwegian prospect Mats Moller Daehli. talkSPORT

Chelsea are looking at a £20m move for Barcelona's 22-year-old holding midfielder Sergio Busquets who helped Spain win the World Cup earlier this year. Daily Star

Fulham have reignited their interest in Aston Villa defender Luke Young. Cottagers boss Mark Hughes was keen on landing the 31-year-old in the summer but failed to secure a £2m switch. Daily Mirror

Blackburn, Liverpool and Tottenham are tracking Stuttgart striker Pavel Pogrebnyak. The Russian almost joined Rovers from Zenit St Petersburg two years ago, but the move stalled. Daily Mail

OTHER BOLLOX
Chelsea are in talks to quit their 105-year old home at Stamford Bridge and build a 60,000-seater stadium on the site of the soon-to-be-demolished Earls Court exhibition centre. The Guardian

Former Liverpool midfielder John Barnes believes current manager Roy Hodgson has proved he's the right man at Anfield following the club's 2-0 win over Chelsea. talkSPORT

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton has warned striker Andy Carroll, who is in line to win his first senior England cap, he must sort out his life off the pitch before he can live up to his growing reputation on it. Daily Mail

Meanwhile, Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has urged England manager Fabio Capello to judge Carroll on his form, saying: "Sometimes you need the players who don't always toe the line." The Sun
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:15 am

Rumour has it Tevez and Rooney were close buddies over in Mordor, presumably because neither speaks English very well.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:43 pm

DERBY BOLLOX UPDATES
Remember him? Carlos Tevez will terrorise Manchester United, says City team-mate David Silva
David Silva is backing Manchester City skipper Carlos Tevez to destroy his former club in Wednesday night's derby.
Tevez returned to the City side in Sunday's win over West Bromwich after recovering from a thigh injury and is set to line up against his old Manchester United team-mates at Eastlands.
The Argentina striker left United in the summer of 2009 and scored three times against them over the two legs of last season's fiery Carling Cup clash.
Silva, playing in his first Manchester derby, is expecting another classic encounter between the sides and believes Tevez is the man who could make the difference.
'Tevez is a worldwide star and is key for us,' the Spaniard told The Sun. 'I think this derby match will be a hard test for Carlos but, now he is fully recovered from injury, he's going to offer a lot in what is certain to be a big spectacle.
'Our victory at West Brom on Sunday was very important for us with United in mind. The derby is a special day and we want to show our fans a new image after that 3-0 home defeat against Arsenal.
'People who recognise me in the street demand that we defeat United. So I know this derby is more that a just simple match, the atmosphere will be enormous.
'There is no clear favourite here but home advantage is very important to us.
'The players have spoken out in the dressing room and our objective is not to suffer another defeat in our own stadium. With this attitude we can aspire to win titles.'
City sit just three points behind United and five behind Premier League leaders Chelsea and Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong said: 'Everybody is fit now, we are all together as a squad and we are at our strongest.
'Everyone was aware we'd had a couple of difficult weeks. We'd not been having the best results but we're still a strong side and that result at West Brom will give us a lot of confidence. 'It's a good platform for the game against United.'

Manchester City v Manchester United: how North-West's favourite feud unfolded
Manchester City and Manchester United have traded verbal blows on a regular basis since Sheikh Mansour’s arrival at Eastlands in Sept 2008 changed the two clubs’ rivalry forever. Telegraph Sport looks at the highlights of the North-West's favourite feud.

July 2009:
In response to City unveiling a poster of Carlos Tevez under the headline, ‘Welcome to Manchester,’ Ferguson said: “It's City isn't it? They are a small club with a small mentality. All they can talk about is Manchester United.
“They can't get away from it. They think taking Tevez away from Manchester United is a triumph. It is poor stuff."

Sept 2009:
After Michael Owen’s injury-time goal had sealed 4-3 win against City at Old Trafford, Ferguson said: “Sometimes you have a noisy neighbour. You cannot do anything about that. They will always be noisy. You just have to get on with your life, put your television on and turn it up a bit louder.”

Nov 2009:
In response to Ferguson’s ‘noisy neighbour’ jibe, City chief executive Garry Cook said: “I like it when people have an opinion and I like being a noisy neighbour. It means we are making an impact on what we are trying to do.’’

Dec 2010:
On hearing Roberto Mancini was the 14th manager appointed by City during his 24-year reign at United, Ferguson said: “14th? Is that all? I can’t wait for the 20th.”

Jan 2010:
In response to Gary Neville’s claim that Ferguson was right to let him leave United, Carlos Tevez said: “He acted like a complete boot-licker when he said I wasn't worth £25m, just to suck up to the manager. He is a moron.”

Jan 2010:
After Garry Cook had claimed ‘it’s not if but when we beat United,’ Darren Fletcher hit back after United’s Carling Cup semi-final victory.
Fletcher said: “It was important for us to go on the pitch and let our football do the talking. It's easy to talk and whatnot, but you have to do it on the pitch and that's what we did.”

Manchester City v Manchester United: virus adds to Sir Alex Ferguson's selection woes
Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has complained of a virus which has been circulating his squad before United's clash with local rivals Manchester City at Eastlands on Wednesday.
Putting off any squad announcements until Wednesday morning, Ferguson said that some unspecified players have been sent home from training after coming down with the bug.
The bug kept striker Dimitar Berbatov out of United's tightly-fought victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday, but Ferguson claims that several other players have come down with it since then.
Manchester United set to miss injured Darren Fletcher and Nani for Wolves encounter"Some players were sent home yesterday," he told Sky Sports News.
"There's still players out, some with flu.
"We're not in a great position at the moment," he concluded, adding that it's "a difficult time" for the club.
Ferguson was confident that his squad is good enough to overcome Manchester City's team of expensive signings, however.
"We've a strong squad so we'll carry on," he said.
Although Ryan Giggs had been expected to return for the derby after returning to training following a hamstring pull, Ferguson said that he will not play. Long-term absentee Owen Hargreaves, who made a fleeting return against Wolves before puling up with a hamstring injury, has been ruled out for a further five-weeks.
Nani might miss the game because of the groin strain he picked up against Bursaspor.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Return to The Maine Football forum