Cantona: Looking for Manchester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Cantona: Looking for Manchester

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Why am I watching such blatant propaganda???

After half an hour
Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, oh, and there's a City fan. Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d. And another 3 seconds for City. Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d. The 5-1 gets a mention. Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d, Un***d.

The Hacienda and the music scene gets a mention - just bolted on.

To be honest, it could have been a good subject for a programme - lets hope it bucks up for the second half.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Cantona: Looking for Manchester

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 pm

LOOK AT THE STATE OF THE BELL STAND TIER 2, U SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES! SAT DOWN IN SILENCE ON DERBY DAY FOR 90 MINS!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 pm

My mum made me watch it thinkin it was unbiased, I saw the title and thought No thanks. No im watching it. People like my mum who aren't that bothered about football will watch it and believe the bias.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby shawzy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Nick wrote:LOOK AT THE STATE OF THE BELL STAND TIER 2, U SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES! SAT DOWN IN SILENCE ON DERBY DAY FOR 90 MINS!

Sat in there a few times last season and it was fuckin dire...No fucker would sing a long wi me.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:19 pm

My mates got a season ticket there so I was there for the spurs euro decider and wigan monday night game.

Actually got people siging after tevez scored but it was dire for spurs. One lad told me to be quiet towards the end ( i wasn't scraming or swearing).

....... on an another topic, can anyone find a photo of Natalie Pike in a city shirt? It could be a facebook opportunity.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Nick wrote:http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Celebs-and-their-City-Natalie-Pike

not hot enough for me.

Who the fuck is she? Looks like a smackhead
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:31 pm

''actress / model '' natalie pike apparently!

Seems a nice girl..
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby blootoof » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:38 pm

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm

blootoof wrote:Image

legend.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Nick wrote:
blootoof wrote:Image

legend.

The clubbing talk from Giggs in that program also made me think that giggs etc. have all been there and done that with regards to partying and clubbing and have settled down. Whereas now it seems like its our players who are the young party boys, with the exception that ours haven't won anything yet.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:36 am

Nick wrote:The clubbing talk from Giggs in that program also made me think that giggs etc. have all been there and done that with regards to partying and clubbing and have settled down. Whereas now it seems like its our players who are the young party boys, with the exception that ours haven't won anything yet.

Funny that, just yesterday I heard that many Roma players went clubbing on Sunday night after having won the derby (which, to be honest, seems a good enough reason to go have a little fun) and my first thought was, "see, it's not only City players who go clubbing in their free time". To be fair, though, no video or photos of them being drunk was leaked, and I think the biggest issue with Hart, Barry, Johnson, etc. partying in the last few weeks was, in fact, that they had gone a bit too far with the booze.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:18 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Nick wrote:The clubbing talk from Giggs in that program also made me think that giggs etc. have all been there and done that with regards to partying and clubbing and have settled down. Whereas now it seems like its our players who are the young party boys, with the exception that ours haven't won anything yet.

Funny that, just yesterday I heard that many Roma players went clubbing on Sunday night after having won the derby (which, to be honest, seems a good enough reason to go have a little fun) and my first thought was, "see, it's not only City players who go clubbing in their free time". To be fair, though, no video or photos of them being drunk was leaked, and I think the biggest issue with Hart, Barry, Johnson, etc. partying in the last few weeks was, in fact, that they had gone a bit too far with the booze.

Cant help thinking the Roma players' idea of clubbing (couple of orange juices) is not quite the same as the likes of Johnson (times 2), Hart, Barton or even Shrek. Bet they weren't vomitting in the street at 5am or beating up passers by outside MacDonalds. But I stand to be corrected.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:35 am

john@staustell wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Cant help thinking the Roma players' idea of clubbing (couple of orange juices) is not quite the same as the likes of Johnson (times 2), Hart, Barton or even Shrek. Bet they weren't vomitting in the street at 5am or beating up passers by outside MacDonalds. But I stand to be corrected.

As they say on Bluemoon; ^^^^ This ^^^^
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:44 am

john@staustell wrote:Cant help thinking the Roma players' idea of clubbing (couple of orange juices) is not quite the same as the likes of Johnson (times 2), Hart, Barton or even Shrek. Bet they weren't vomitting in the street at 5am or beating up passers by outside MacDonalds. But I stand to be corrected.

Yeah, I mentioned that in my post ;) Still, if we go by the "holy sportsman book", lol, staying up late at night is a no do too, but from time to time I don't see that as a big issue.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby trunky » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:00 am

Started to watch it but gave up after the first 5 minutes as i couldn't take the 'Cantona is called King Eric and revered in Manchester' monologue.

Did it get any better?
trunky
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby moomey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:16 am

Couldn't believe the Un*ted "poet" who had the dazzling insight to create a song about "eric the king" which was a blatant rip off of "Colin the King" which I belive we've sung for over 30 years. Kn*b!!!
moomey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Twobob » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:47 pm

1) Please do not swear in titles, if you are unsure if a word is classed as swearing or not please use another word instead
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby frozen_pea » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:39 pm

john@staustell wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

I seem to Remember Mark Kennedy and Richard Dunne going on the lash after a Republic or Ireland game and Kennedy was in trouble from running over cars whilst pissed.
Anyone remember our national team from Euro '96 and the mad piss ups the England players went on, resulting in Gazza and the dentist chair celebration?

Young lads with lots of money, fame and a lot of pressure will want to go out and blow off steam, have a good time.
I couldn't imagine my youth being spend staying home and being sober because of my career? Worse things happen on any night of the week in any town centre compared what what most footballers get up to.
frozen_pea
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby gillie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:59 pm

In my younger days i used to play Sunday mornings after a heavy sess on Saturday night you know what i never missed a game.Youth can carry the excesses with the right training.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum