The best referee in the Premiership?.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The best referee in the Premiership?.

Postby gillie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:09 pm

Following on from the Pulis thread who in your opinion is the best ref in the prem?.

Imo it has to be Howard Webb the guy dose'nt get the CL Final and World Cup Final in the same season by luck.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: The best referee in the Premiership?.

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:12 pm

Mike Dean for me, absolutely!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm not sure, his integrity came into question during the WC when he was obviously given the order to keep it all square, even after some outrageuos tackles. I suppose he's the best of a bad bunch but I'd like to see that bad bunch come under the authority of an independant body other than the Premier League. At least that way I wouldn't be thinking about the ref before the game instead of the game itself.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Howard Webb is the FA's little lap dog. He gets the top jobs because he's pedantic as fuck and sticks to the rulebook religiously. Very rarely enjoy a game that he referees as he constantly breaks the play up.

Prefer referees who keep the game flowing, suppose Halsey is probably one of the best in the prem although he's not a great referee by any stretch.

The officials we have had so far in the Europa League this season have been much better than any referee's in the Premier League.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby wyted » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:51 pm

wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Howard Webb is the FA's little lap dog. He gets the top jobs because he's pedantic as fuck and sticks to the rulebook religiously. Very rarely enjoy a game that he referees as he constantly breaks the play up.

Prefer referees who keep the game flowing, suppose Halsey is probably one of the best in the prem although he's not a great referee by any stretch.

The officials we have had so far in the Europa League this season have been much better than any referee's in the Premier League.

Absolutely, streets ahead.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:05 pm

I heard somewhere cant remember where that ref's get paid like £500 or £700 per game or is it less? for me that leaves them open to bribes........... especially if you compare how much footballers get.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby wyted » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:12 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:I heard somewhere cant remember where that ref's get paid like £500 or £700 per game or is it less? for me that leaves them open to bribes........... especially if you compare how much footballers get.

Linesmen maybe - Premier League ref's are professional and will be paid a salary, I'm sure.
wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:I heard somewhere cant remember where that ref's get paid like £500 or £700 per game or is it less? for me that leaves them open to bribes........... especially if you compare how much footballers get.

About 70 grand per year plus expenses. If they get on the Euro tour, another 10% on top.

Not a bad wage eh, for someone who'd oherwise be stacking shelves ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

About 70 grand per year plus expenses. If they get on the Euro tour, another 10% on top.

Really Beefy mate do you not know Howard Webb is a copper in his real job stacking shelves indeed huh!
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:43 pm

gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Really Beefy mate do you not know Howard Webb is a copper in his real job stacking shelves indeed huh!

I'm sure he'll move up to stacking shelves one day.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gillie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm sure he'll move up to stacking shelves one day.

I used to stack shelves it was a honest if boring way to earn a crust lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:35 am

gillie wrote:Following on from the Pulis thread who in your opinion is the best ref in the prem?.

Imo it has to be Howard Webb the guy dose'nt get the CL Final and World Cup Final in the same season by luck.

Renato_CTID wrote:Mike Dean for me, absolutely!

I think it is probably between these two.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:26 pm

gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

So, he's gone from one penalty notice to another, figures eh!

Apparently Clattenburg was a business man ............................... who should've been stacking shelves!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fish111 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:53 pm

The refs i know the names of are the worse ones as imo they court publicity and want to be the centre of attention. The ones i don't know the names of must be the best ones then as they are invisible, as they should be.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby superkev8705 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Howard Webb is best English ref. The best performance i have seen from one was the City Juventus Europa League game. Let the game flow and didnt fall for any of the stupid diving and cheating Italians faking injury.
Back of the net
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:37 pm

gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

gillie I believe he only works in that role one day a week (just like when he refs). I swear I read that somewhere.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 pm

superkev8705 wrote:Howard Webb is best English ref. The best performance i have seen from one was the City Juventus Europa League game. Let the game flow and didnt fall for any of the stupid diving and cheating Italians faking injury.

He's in charge of our game tomorrow night. Let's hope he lives up to his billing and gives us a fair crack at beating the shite.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:04 pm

King Kev wrote:
superkev8705 wrote:Howard Webb is best English ref. The best performance i have seen from one was the City Juventus Europa League game. Let the game flow and didnt fall for any of the stupid diving and cheating Italians faking injury.

He's in charge of our game tomorrow night. Let's hope he lives up to his billing and gives us a fair crack at beating the shite.

Wasn't the commentary late in the World Cup that Webb was the only rag player left in the competition?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:39 pm

King Kev wrote:

This'll be an interesting thread if not
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum