Huddlestone Gets away with Elmander Stamp

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Huddlestone Gets away with Elmander Stamp

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Anyone who saw the Spurs v Bolton game will have seen the stamp and he meant it. How can Adebayor get screwed over for his scrape down van perils face and Huddlestone gets nothing! The FA and premier league are becoming a corrupt joke IMO

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 01,00.html

The Football Association has confirmed that no action will be taken against Tom Huddlestone for his alleged stamp on Johan Elmander.

The Tottenham midfielder appeared to land his foot on the Bolton striker as Harry Redknapp'sside went down to a 4-2 defeat at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday.

However, he will not be charged by the FA after referee Chris Hoy confirmed that match officials did see the incident.

Even if the full nature of the clash was not seen by the officials, under Fifa rules the FA is then not allowed to summon video evidence to try the case retrospectively.

"We can confirm there will be no action taken against Tom Huddlestone," said an FA spokesman.

Huddlestone has therefore escaped a possible three-match suspension for violent conduct and will be available for Tottenham's clash with Sunderland on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old has already avoided a Uefa charge this season after television pictures showed his elbow making contact with the face of an opponent during Spurs' Champions League win over FC Twente.
But Redknapp has defended his player, saying Huddlestone is not an 'aggressive' character.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Huddlestone Gets away with Elmander Stamp

Postby bluej » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:41 pm

That's an absolute joke, he obviously meant to stamp on him, his feet changed direction and everything.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:46 pm

There is a positive, they can't let that one go and still uphold Mario's; surely?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bluej » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:There is a positive, they can't let that one go and still uphold Mario's; surely?

They can though, unless our ref changes his mind.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:59 pm

If De Jong had done this what do you think the outcome would have been?? I was tempted to ring Stan Collymore and ask if him and the rest of the Talk Sport brigade were getting their broomsticks out again!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:07 pm

To me Huddleston looked shocked when it happenend, an almost 'oh bugger' look on his face. I seriously don't think there was any intent, unlike Ade.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby gillie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:55 pm

That's the second time he has done it this season.He did it in a spuds home game but i cant for the life of me remember who it was against.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby bawbag » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:23 pm

Gillie - think it was a home Champs League game and it was a clear stamp.

He meant it against Elmander IMO also - have the authorities done us a favour re Mario here? Time will tell, but I guess not.....
bawbag
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Return to The Maine Football forum