Training Monday 8/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Monday 8/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Just those who didn't play v WBA out today as expected so it felt quite low key although business as usual with plenty of quality on view. After initial warm ups they had an early 7 a side game with Lombardo joining to replace Ade who went off early , just precautionary I am sure.

Goals flying in all over the place with Stu Taylor and Shay far from happy but Mancini then split them up taking 4 away with him ,leaving the rest to do some routine running work.The 4 with Mancini were AJ,Milner,Kolarov and Jo and he was really making them work. In turn they had to do best part of a 50 yard run as if chasing back into defence and then turn and run the 5 back before then sprinting into the boix to meet a cross from the other wing.I was tired just watching after they had done that a few times and there was very little respite in between their runs.

Then back for another 7 a side game. Probably MotM was Milner who seemed to find scoring very easy.Micah made one magic block after a break on the other side and he was certainly getting stuck in. I got the impression he wasn't very happy at one point ,probably because somebody else wasnt quite as "at it" .Immediately after that he made a great run down the right crossed perfectly and then got his foot caught in the netting behind the goal. Far too hard for him to get out so Kiddo had to help him out , at least he saw the funny side.

Kiddo shouted it was golden goal time so Milner scored withing 5 seconds. Turns out it wasn't the end even though Micah started to walk off.At the eventual end with the rain coming down I expected they would all just leave but there were 5 ot 6 staying out for some finishing and it appeared they had a little competition going between themselves. Milner again scoring well and SWP scored the best of the lot with a left foot volley hit when the ball seemed to have gone past him.Typical SWP though as his best efforts were the hardest ones he tried and easy ones were not his best.Others having a go were PV,Kolarov and AJ.

Lescott also couldnt score at all for ages but when it came down to just him and SWP he just about got it right.All in really good spirit with constant banter coming from Shay who was the only keeper left out.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 8/11

Postby blues2win » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Sorry to keep on Doug but any sign of MJ doing one to ones with the physio? If not is there a suggestion of yet another setback? I believe he was out on Friday or Saturday last week.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 pm

blues2win wrote:Sorry to keep on Doug but any sign of MJ doing one to ones with the physio? If not is there a suggestion of yet another setback? I believe he was out on Friday or Saturday last week.

How could I forget,yes he came out about half way through the session.Didn't see what he did though.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Great report as usual Doug.. thanks!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue in North London » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Cheers, Doug.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanks Doug, did Vicky K ever get back to you about that "pass"?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Fish111 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:34 pm

They all sound far too happy for my liking, what will the gutter press make of it all?
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Blue in North London » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Cheers, Doug.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The 4 with Mancini were AJ,Milner,Kolarov and Jo and he was really making them work. In turn they had to do best part of a 50 yard run as if chasing back into defence and then turn and run the 5 back before then sprinting into the boix to meet a cross from the other wing.I was tired just watching after they had done that a few times and there was very little respite in between their runs.

Cheers Doug.

I like this bit.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Doug. Thanks again. Not too surprised Mancini is focusing on THOSE four!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The 4 with Mancini were AJ,Milner,Kolarov and Jo and he was really making them work. In turn they had to do best part of a 50 yard run as if chasing back into defence and then turn and run the 5 back before then sprinting into the boix to meet a cross from the other wing.I was tired just watching after they had done that a few times and there was very little respite in between their runs.

Cheers Doug.

I like this bit.

And when that little session finished he kept AJ back for a little extra wisdom and chat. A few extra minutes talking ,pointing and then basically with an arm around him as they rejoined the rest.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Cheers Doug.

I like this bit.

And when that little session finished he kept AJ back for a little extra wisdom and chat. A few extra minutes talking ,pointing and then basically with an arm around him as they rejoined the rest.

I hope he just keeps on & on at AJ. There's real talent in that lad & he's only using about 50% of it. Don't want him to go the same way as most promising English players & settle for a comfort zone.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluelogic32 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:57 pm

great report thanks doug, glad he's working that group of 4
My logic always stays blue, i live in my dreams cause i know it always come's true

Spread The Logic
bluelogic32
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo & David

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Cheers Doug.

I like this bit.

That's both interesting and promising, and like Ted it would be great for Mancini to keep going at AJ. If he gets the balance right he can really help him improve no end.. he has the attributes to be better than Giggs as he is tricksier. Lot to learn though and put into practice.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby circumspect » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 am

Be interesting to see what effect the additional coaching and guidance that AJ and Micah have been receiving will have.
They have been earmarked as potentially top players who are in danger of underachieving if left alone.
Whisky Nose in the other place had a similar scenario with Nani and Anderson and has had mixed results so far. Let's see how RM gets on (assuming he's allowed to, of course).
circumspect
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dave Watson

Return to The Maine Football forum