Thanks for the show..........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thanks for the show..........

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:56 am

I've been one of the few (or many) complaining that we are shit to watch this season. Rightfully so in most games I still think.

That said yesterdays game was a proper spectacle. It had goals, cards, backs to the wall fighting for the game. Heart in mouth moments (post and crossbar) and pretty much everything you'd want in a good away win.

So thanks Bobby, City and the away fans (bloody class all night).

Bar Chelsea and Liverpool that was my fav game thus far this season. Please let it continue.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Thanks for the show..........

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:02 am

I have also been critica,l I have all but given up on Mancini.
But on the plus side, we played good possession football and held on when our backs were to the wall. Also Balotelli helped, by looking like the missing piece that allowed us to play in the fabled 'Mancini way' that we have seen so little of. A glimmer of hope for better things to come.
Fair play.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:11 am

Couldnt agree more. We played very superb free flowing football. The movement of the front 3 was superb and Yaya looked as good as ever. He is unstoppable when he goes on one of them runs (unless you body check him). Lets hope this is a sign of more to come :)
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Twobob » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:00 pm

First away game I've managed to get to this season and loved it, dont think I've ever seen us win at the Hawthornes so that's one more Hoodoo shot down now!

Great football, Balo looked great and we looked really impressive going forward - thought Boeteng looked a little hessitant soemtimes missed out on making some forward runs that would have found him in acres of space, but maybe he'd been told to whatch his runs and keep back a little more?

A few things really made the day, a good win, good football, our fans getting behined Manchini and he responded a few times from the dug out and coming over with all the players after the game.

Plus the 'lets all dance like Poznan' session - a good giggle :-)

I miss away days!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Yes, I have to agree with this thread. I loved it. Entertaining football that had a bit of everything. I don't mind winning using boring football from time to time because its essential if you want to be the best. But losing matches playing boring football does my fucking head in.

Well done to Bobby and the boys yesterday, more to come please!
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:11 pm

it was a quality match. best game of the weekend, and that's without me blue specs on.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:12 pm

That first half was probably the best half of Football i have seen us play in a long time. If we would of been playing Burnley away i would of backed us to have been up double figures by half time.
Back of the net
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Fish111 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Pretty much the first time that Bobby Manc has had all his preferred players available, barring Kolorov at left-back, and it was great to watch.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Fish111 wrote:Pretty much the first time that Bobby Manc has had all his preferred players available, barring Kolorov at left-back, and it was great to watch.

sad thing is that we'll be missing Balotelli, and he looks like a much better fit with these players than Ade has. Maybe Ade will step up and show us something while Mario is out. Here's hoping...otherwise we're kinda back to the drawing board, which seems awfully thin given the actual squad depth.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Yes, my blood was pumped up, even though I had to watch the replay!! Will be frustrating that we only got a taste
of Super Mario, but if Ade is going to earn his salary, then NOW is the time!!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:47 pm

The signs are there, and it coincides with the FIRST time all season bobby has had a full squad to choose from.

The defensive still looked shaky, and boateng is still my main worry at the moment (although he improved second half) but he needs time and zaba isn't a left back.

My worry now is the injury zaba picked up (and the fact he gets booked so easily) vs. throwing Kolorov into a Manchester derby for his first full premiership game.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:00 pm

I agree with all the above stuff. Great to watch. I may be horribly wrong but Kolarov just looks like someone who'll get the job done & knows what to do to fit in with the back 4 unit, so personally I wouldn't be unduly worried to see him start the Derby. Boateng on the other hand worries me although he was showing signs of learning the ropes v WBA.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I agree with all the above stuff. Great to watch. I may be horribly wrong but Kolarov just looks like someone who'll get the job done & knows what to do to fit in with the back 4 unit, so personally I wouldn't be unduly worried to see him start the Derby. Boateng on the other hand worries me although he was showing signs of learning the ropes v WBA.

He did look slightly better on sunday. He made a great challenge when they were on the counter attack. Made up a lot of ground an got a foot in to win back possession. That said he still backs off far to much. Surely Mancini and co should be telling him to get tighter. There of course is times where u need to back off but not all the time like he seems to. Lets hope he improves as the weeks pass.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:23 pm

Lees Alter Ego wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I agree with all the above stuff. Great to watch. I may be horribly wrong but Kolarov just looks like someone who'll get the job done & knows what to do to fit in with the back 4 unit, so personally I wouldn't be unduly worried to see him start the Derby. Boateng on the other hand worries me although he was showing signs of learning the ropes v WBA.

He did look slightly better on sunday. He made a great challenge when they were on the counter attack. Made up a lot of ground an got a foot in to win back possession. That said he still backs off far to much. Surely Mancini and co should be telling him to get tighter. There of course is times where u need to back off but not all the time like he seems to. Lets hope he improves as the weeks pass.

I remember it was about this time last year, Lee, that you and I were expressing our reservations about Tevez. Heh heh heh.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Good to see he's listening, keep it up boys.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm

I know I started the praise-a-thon here, BUT.........................

Having a couple of players injured in a ten BILLION (Dr. Evil style) squad really shouldn't have us looking like a poor mans Wigan.

I do honestly beleive a title winning manager needs to have a backup plan or 2, and it's not like we were down to no talent reserves is it? We all marvel at our bench, yet when they play we become atrocious.

I truly think the squad we have should not see us waiting for a certain 11 to be fot before we have a chance of playing. If we do it's doomed to fail.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Don't think we have bought too many players, mancio's tried to buy a whole new 11 to replace hughes'. Santa cruz, jo, SWP, Vieira etc. are not good enough to play at all IMO. And i know they've not played too much but its hard when the midfield and defence is totally different, shape and personnel every game.

Watching that scummy program taggart remembers every single manchester derby! Fuck me. I wish we had the Hinch playing on wednesday! Its up to Tevez to put his hand up with FIVE to the stretford mongs.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Nick wrote:Don't think we have bought too many players, mancio's tried to buy a whole new 11 to replace hughes'. Santa cruz, jo, SWP, Vieira etc. are not good enough to play at all IMO. And i know they've not played too much but its hard when the midfield and defence is totally different, shape and personnel every game.

Watching that scummy program taggart remembers every single manchester derby! Fuck me. I wish we had the Hinch playing on wednesday! Its up to Tevez to put his hand up with FIVE to the stretford mongs.

I'm sorry, but I think reserves like Ade, Bridge, Lescott, SWP and Zaba should be ok to be sprinkled amongst Mancinis signings when needed and still beat Wolves, Lech Pnzan etc.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Nick wrote:Don't think we have bought too many players, mancio's tried to buy a whole new 11 to replace hughes'. Santa cruz, jo, SWP, Vieira etc. are not good enough to play at all IMO. And i know they've not played too much but its hard when the midfield and defence is totally different, shape and personnel every game.

I'm sorry, but I think reserves like Ade, Bridge, Lescott, SWP and Zaba should be ok to be sprinkled amongst Mancinis signings when needed and still beat Wolves, Lech Pnzan etc.

True. This year lescott, bridge and maybe SWP have proved they aren't. Harsh on lescott as i thought he was looking quality with vince last year. Ade isn't the kind of player to just bring on, he needs a run of games. Perhaps Mario doesn't ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Nick wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

True. This year lescott, bridge and maybe SWP have proved they aren't. Harsh on lescott as i thought he was looking quality with vince last year. Ade isn't the kind of player to just bring on, he needs a run of games. Perhaps Mario doesn't ?

Or maybe they worked in a different system and Mancini needed to change to suit the players he did have available?

Anyway I'm not looking to start a row, just think this week has been better and hope it continues.
Pretty Boy Lee

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum