Wednesdays match officials

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesdays match officials

Postby shortagain » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:02 am

Chris Foy is the man in charge, but there is a certain Lee Probert as the fourth official. As these guys stick together, may be worth accepting the sending off of Mario, especially as if he was able to play, no doubt the filth would target him and he would get little protection from the officials.
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: Wednesdays match officials

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 am

Chris Foy is a huge lover of the old guard teams & unless he's decided to accept us into his cosy club, will give us nothing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:18 am

shortagain wrote:Chris Foy is the man in charge, but there is a certain Lee Probert as the fourth official. As these guys stick together, may be worth accepting the sending off of Mario, especially as if he was able to play, no doubt the filth would target him and he would get little protection from the officials.

Every team will target him.That's what you do when you see a weakness in a player and the worst thing the player himself can do is whinge and moan to a referee and get on his bad side.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shortagain » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:26 am

Just watched the highlights on OS, at around 6 mins in, you can clearly see the WBA player grab hold of Mario's leg and pull him round as he rolled away from the incident. May be being generous, but he couldn't do anything but put his foot on his body, not the face incidently as was claimed by the WBA player. May be grounds for an appeal
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:08 am

Referees make mistakes, they're all cunts down to grass roots. But we need them all the same.

The paranoia on this website is ridiculous.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:40 am

london blue 2 wrote:Referees make mistakes, they're all cunts down to grass roots. But we need them all the same.

[b]The paranoia on this website is ridiculous.[\b]

Agree totally!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Referees make mistakes, they're all cunts down to grass roots. But we need them all the same.

The paranoia on this website is ridiculous.

Couldnt agree more.

On a seperate note, did anyone see Carson launch the ball at Yaya when he was on the ground winded after being body checked by the west brom player. Disgraceful thing to do and a horrible challenge
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:44 pm

If you guys think that referees give teams like united, at old trafford, just as much as they give us then your deluded / haven't watched many city games.

The fact that pisses me off is that it has been going on for years and years. Now they have an excuse to hate us (money) which is fair enough, but we still used to be on the end of rough decisions when we were shit!!

Comparisons of added time / penalties at old trafford etc. have been done to death. Even the pundits mention this now and then, and im sure Harry made a comment after Nani gate.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:13 pm

It would be nice to see edited footage of a game that just showed the incidents and referee's decisions. I wonder if Sky would oblige?

On Chris Foy, I don't really mind him. He seems to get the majority of decisions right and doesn't hog the limelight like some; inconspicuous if you like. He is an Everton fan though so he may have something against us for the recent involvements, but I doubt it, unless Moyes has left him with some subliminal scar against us.

On matches ref'd, he has not had us this season and has ref'd the Rags twice, beating the Barcodes at home and a no score draw against the Mackems. However, last year he ref'd us 4 times with 3 of those at home. We won all 3 homes games including the CC win against Arsenal, and drew the away game 1 each against the Mackems also.

The bad news is that the last time he ref'd a Derby, we went down 2-0 in 2009 where Tranny scored first with Carlos sealing the game on the stroke of half-time (good goal btw). This time it's at ours though, so let's all hope for Carlos to do the same, afterall, he did say that this game is a very important one for him. And we all know why.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum