Monday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:35 am

Police aim to prevent clashes between Manchester United and Manchester City fans
Greater Manchester Police are to increase patrols and impose a two-mile alcohol exclusion zone from Manchester city centre to Eastlands on Wednesday in an attempt to prevent violence marring the game between City and United.
Although police confiscated items such as darts and golf balls from supporters ahead of January’s Carling Cup semi-final first leg between the teams at Eastlands, they are understood to have received no intelligence indicating that trouble is planned by rival supporters on this occasion.
Both clubs were warned by the police and the Football Association not to inflame tensions in the build-up to last season’s Carling Cup second leg at Old Trafford and that game passed off peacefully.
But with on-field rivalry escalating between the two clubs, and less than a month passing since Wayne Rooney’s contract stand-off with United led to suggestions that he was ready to move to City – a transfer that would have been considered as betrayal by United fans – tensions are high among both sets of supporters.
Supt Jim Liggett, the police’s commanding officer for Wednesday’s game, said: “I don’t think we have had a derby in recent years with both teams almost neck and neck. It’s a high-profile match, but one we are experienced in dealing with.”
United will have only 2,562 supporters at Eastlands because there is a 10 per cent cut in the usual 2,846 allocation as a result of persistent standing in seated areas during recent fixtures.

Man City boss Mancini happy seeing Kompany, Toure rowing
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini was happy for his players to row during victory over West Bromwich Albion.
There was a moment of unrest between City's players in the second half when Vincent Kompany, excellent at centre-back, read the riot act to Yaya Toure.
But Mancini said: "I'm happy with them arguing on the pitch. It's better we argue there, it shows we want to win. It's better they do that than stay silent.
"I'm also very happy with the fans, I must say thank you to them. Their support is always there for the team. It's very important."

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.inthestands.co.uk/3194

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is leading the chase for Blackburn Rovers defender Phil Jones after sending director of football Frank Arnesen to look at the England Under-21 international at the weekend. Daily Mirror

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is looking to sign highly-rated Wolves winger Matt Jarvis. caughtoffside.com

Bolton striker Johan Elmander is being chased by Turkish club Fenerbahce who are set to put in £3m bid for the Swede in the January transfer window. Daily Mirror

Stoke are set to extend winger Jermaine Pennant's stay when his loan spell from Real Zaragoza expires in January. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
England coach Fabio Capello wants to select Andy Carroll in his squad for the upcoming friendly against France at Wembley, despite recent controversies in the Newcastle forward's private life. the Guardian

Carroll's winner in Newcastle's 1-0 victory at Arsenal on Sunday came as a result of his side's decision to target Gunners goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski from set-pieces, according to Magpies midfielder Joey Barton. the Sun

Midfielder Aaron Ramsey is set to return from nine months out with a broken leg when he plays for Arsenal reserves against Everton on Monday. Daily Mail

Former Manchester United striker and current reserve team manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in talks to end his 14-year association with the Old Trafford club and become manager of the Norwegian side Molde. the Guardian

Former Manchester United midfielder Nicky Butt is considering coming out of retirement to play for Hong Kong champions South China. Daily Mail

The Indian battle for ownership of Blackburn has taken a new twist after Saurin Shah signalled his intention to outbid the VH Group, which he has accused of "back-stabbing" in its attempts to buy the club. the Times

Wolves goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann is considering quitting the club at the end of the season to return to his native America. Daily Mirror

Mark McGhee will be given one game to save his job as Aberdeen manager - with anything but a win over Inverness on Tuesday night ensuring he will be dismissed. (Daily Record)

Stoke boss Tony Pulis says he is on the worst run of refereeing decisions in his 800-game managerial career after his side were denied a penalty, if not a goal, when Kenwyne Jones's header was cleared by the arm of Sunderland's Lee Cattermole on Saturday. Daily Mirror

Former Liverpool and England striker John Barnes became a father for the seventh time - while working as a television pundit during his former club's victory over Chelsea on Sunday. Barnes was informed live on air that his wife Andrea had given birth to Alexander at half-time but said he would stay for the second half before dashing to the hospital. Daily Mail Classy John
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:50 am

Mark McGhee will be given one game to save his job as Aberdeen manager - with anything but a win over Inverness on Tuesday night ensuring he will be dismissed. (Daily Record)

9-0? Fuck me if he had any honour at all he'd have packed his bags right away. But then I forgot, he hasn't has he?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 pm

TOP TV DISRUPTION BOLLOX
Outraged FC Basel and FC Luzern fans were so angry at a change to the kick-off time for their match at the weekend that they staged a protest by throwing thousands of tennis balls on to the pitch.

A Swiss TV company had engineered the early kick-off to allow them to broadcast both the Swiss Super League match in Emmenbruecke and Roger Federer's final against Novak Djokovic at the ATP Basel tennis tournament, with the football match moved to 12.45pm to ensure that it would be finished in time for the tennis to begin at 3pm.

That prompted the fans of the two clubs - who occupy the top two spots in the Swiss top flight - to protest their treatment with a flurry of tennis balls.

And, with the pitch almost covered in them, the referee had no choice but to send the players back to the dressing rooms.

But as soon as they were cleared by stewards and security staff, the crafty fans began to rain a second wave of balls on to the pitch - forcing a further delay at the Sportanlage Gersag stadium.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mr_nool » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Chinners wrote:TOP TV DISRUPTION BOLLOX
Outraged FC Basel and FC Luzern fans were so angry at a change to the kick-off time for their match at the weekend that they staged a protest by throwing thousands of tennis balls on to the pitch.

A Swiss TV company had engineered the early kick-off to allow them to broadcast both the Swiss Super League match in Emmenbruecke and Roger Federer's final against Novak Djokovic at the ATP Basel tennis tournament, with the football match moved to 12.45pm to ensure that it would be finished in time for the tennis to begin at 3pm.

That prompted the fans of the two clubs - who occupy the top two spots in the Swiss top flight - to protest their treatment with a flurry of tennis balls.

And, with the pitch almost covered in them, the referee had no choice but to send the players back to the dressing rooms.

But as soon as they were cleared by stewards and security staff, the crafty fans began to rain a second wave of balls on to the pitch - forcing a further delay at the Sportanlage Gersag stadium.

That's fucking quality! And I always thought the Swiss were boring.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby bluej » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:36 pm

mr_nool wrote:

That's fucking quality! And I always thought the Swiss were boring.

That's brilliant!
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Haha, funniest story of the day. I shouldn't like the WAG.........but I do
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby mr_nool » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:09 pm

The idea's better than the end result. Would have been fabulous if everyone in the stadium had thrown tennis balls...
[youtube]K2iRzoTbmxQ[/youtube]
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Patrick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Still brilliant, Mr negool
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby sweenyuk » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:23 pm

can we all throw toy shreks on the pitch on wednesday..??
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby JonnyAsh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Chinners wrote:[Man City boss Mancini happy seeing Kompany, Toure rowing
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini was happy for his players to row during victory over West Bromwich Albion.
There was a moment of unrest between City's players in the second half when Vincent Kompany, excellent at centre-back, read the riot act to Yaya Toure.
But Mancini said: "I'm happy with them arguing on the pitch. It's better we argue there, it shows we want to win. It's better they do that than stay silent.
"I'm also very happy with the fans, I must say thank you to them. Their support is always there for the team. It's very important."

Thought they were going to be in the boat race after seeing this
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Return to The Maine Football forum