Hart speeding up the game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hart speeding up the game

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:24 am

OK how many of us who watched this live got fed up with shouting at Hart to hold the ball when we were under pressure? There we were, down to 10 men, under pressure in that part of the game anyway (I reckon), and everytime Joe gets it he rushes to throw it out to a team mate like a hot potato.

Got fed up with screaming at the telly on this.

So can it be that:
1) team orders say always to do that to get a breakaway? Fair enough but wouldn't necessarily agree.
2) the goalkeeping coach is an idiot?
3) Hart is an idiot?
4) Hart cannot read the situation to change his style/coaching?

You just wouldn't see any other keeper do it, and it's not the first time.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Hart speeding up the game

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:30 am

john@staustell wrote:OK how many of us who watched this live got fed up with shouting at Hart to hold the ball when we were under pressure? There we were, down to 10 men, under pressure in that part of the game anyway (I reckon), and everytime Joe gets it he rushes to throw it out to a team mate like a hot potato.

Got fed up with screaming at the telly on this.

So can it be that:
1) team orders say always to do that to get a breakaway? Fair enough but wouldn't necessarily agree.
2) the goalkeeping coach is an idiot?
3) Hart is an idiot?
4) Hart cannot read the situation to change his style/coaching?

You just wouldn't see any other keeper do it, and it's not the first time.

Didn't lots moan that Shay took to long to distubute last season?? I understand what your saying though as iv seen him do this a few times this season and saw him do this an Brum last year when they were wining 2-0, he rushed, threw the ball out and within 20 secs it was in the back of the net.

I'm sure in time he will learn when to hold and when to release.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:40 am

Ive see Mancini (and Capello for that matter) both go mental at Joe for not releasing the ball early enough. I do think he need to use a bit of common sense when we're under the cosh.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sweenyuk » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Ive see Mancini (and Capello for that matter) both go mental at Joe for not releasing the ball early enough. I do think he need to use a bit of common sense when we're under the cosh.

and I've seen Joe tell a ball boy to not pick up the ball, so as it delays him getting it and slows down the game. Guess that a different situation though as ball not in his hands for a quick release. Joe's distribution is of a very high standard and can lead to goals being scored on the break
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Pepe reina is the same i am sure its a tactic
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Pepe reina is the same i am sure its a tactic

Now he is the master at this. Prob the best in the world from his hands and his feet.
Sister of fu

Postby SORTED » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:12 pm

If the opposition are aware that the keeper gets rid quickly (and accurately) they'll be less inclined to push us back and/or commit fewer numbers up front as they'll be wary of getting caught out.

I think it's a great tactic...even more so when we're down to 10 men and defending a 2 goal lead against a team that are pushing on.
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Fish111 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:21 pm

SORTED wrote:If the opposition are aware that the keeper gets rid quickly (and accurately) they'll be less inclined to push us back and/or commit fewer numbers up front as they'll be wary of getting caught out.

I think it's a great tactic...even more so when we're down to 10 men and defending a 2 goal lead against a team that are pushing on.

Totally agree with this, with the ability of Tevez up front spported by Ya Ya & Silva the opposition will hold at least three defenders back at all time sand not over commit themselves. It's a double-edged sword i suppose but i like it the way it is.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Accuracy is the key... for that throwing it is better generally. Shay never seemed to bother that much at all and (as a goalkeeper) i used to be 'cmon ffs start the move'. Joe seemed to be much more aware of this, but used to hoof it more than throw. So now he is quick to distribute but will throw it more than not unless there is space up front. It is a good tactic if done with care, but if the players know the keeper or it is a managerial tactic then they know to look to receive the ball as soon as Joe gets it.

He also did this for England ( as did Green) whereas other recent keepers did not.

Why keepers dont do it, i really do not know, unless they are told not to ?!?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

Now he is the master at this. Prob the best in the world from his hands and his feet.

can't believe how cockstruck you are by this guy. Go change your underpants and have a visit to abby*winters*dot*com to get your girl-on-girl credentials back please.

Also, he's not as good looking as Hahnemann. Just sayin.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:21 pm

I didn't see Mancini complain so I presume it's something he's happy with. Doesn't bother me so long as the throws are good.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I didn't see Mancini complain so I presume it's something he's happy with. Doesn't bother me so long as the throws are good.

i think Hart's distro has been good this season. i don't mind his pace tbh. The energy will do us more good in heaps than too much careful consideration, so sometimes if he doesn't hold it when he should he'll learn...he's still young. I mean, FFS, he parties with university students...give him some time to grow up.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby superkev8705 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I didn't see Mancini complain so I presume it's something he's happy with. Doesn't bother me so long as the throws are good.

i think Hart's distro has been good this season. i don't mind his pace tbh. The energy will do us more good in heaps than too much careful consideration, so sometimes if he doesn't hold it when he should he'll learn...he's still young. I mean, FFS, he parties with university students...give him some time to grow up.

cheers

I wonder if he distributes his balls quickly at University Parties???
Back of the net
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Throwing the ball out quickly to a team mate is much better than waiting and then hoofing it up in the air as that does not gurantee us possesion.
He is spot on with his tactics imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Throwing the ball out quickly to a team mate is much better than waiting and then hoofing it up in the air as that does not gurantee us possesion.

i bet you get your balls out quickly in a heartbeat, you maverick.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:02 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

can't believe how cockstruck you are by this guy. Go change your underpants and have a visit to abby*winters*dot*com to get your girl-on-girl credentials back please.

cheers

Heather would disagree with you, she thinks he's gorgeous, Pepe that is.

If we could sign any keeper in the world he would be the one for me. I can see why Man U are sniffing.
Sister of fu

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

cheers

Heather would disagree with you, she thinks he's gorgeous, Pepe that is.

If we could sign any keeper in the world he would be the one for me. I can see why Man U are sniffing.

i can't stand you lesbians taste in men....sort it you crazy fuclers!

Hahnemann is way way way sexier...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Throwing the ball out quickly to a team mate is much better than waiting and then hoofing it up in the air as that does not gurantee us possesion.

i bet you get your balls out quickly in a heartbeat, you maverick.

cheers

I get my cock out even quicker.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:10 am

Interesting feedback. It did feel like Given was the reverse, clinging onto the ball with both arms like grim death when we were screaming for an attack.

The theory that it is a blanket policy forcing the other team to keep a check on themselves, whilst giving us a chance of racking up the score seems a good one. The key of course is accuracy.

As this is a key difference between the 2 keepers, you wonder if this played a big part in Bobby's decision to go with Hart right from the off?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Return to The Maine Football forum