Referee : City vs WBA

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Referee : City vs WBA

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Well guys, I really don't want to be a pain in the Ass. Having witnessed some shocking referreeing over the last three weekends.
I have to say that , in my honest opinion, the referee today was the WORST i've seen in ages, and that includes Clattenburg.

I thought the referee got so much wrong during the game and it was to our good fortune that we were able to score two relatively
good goals.

I couldn't help thinking he was itching to give a penalty against us.

I won't go into the red cards , yellow cards because they are being discussed elsewhere right now.

So , please help me , am i wrong ? did you think the ref was ok today ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Re: Referee : City vs WBA

Postby Burt » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:58 pm

He was poor mate and I don't think we helped ourselves by pissing him off by being late back onto the pitch int 2nd half. Don't know what the reason was but it was only going to piss the fucler off.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby King Kev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:08 pm

He was proper shite. Had he stamped his authority on the game early on he wouldn't have needed to brandish 7 yellow and 2 red cards in a game that was far from being dirty.

He lost control and never got it back again.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:16 pm

and yet listening to good old Fred Eyre it sounded like the ref was very good and got basically every decision right.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:and yet listening to good old Fred Eyre it sounded like the ref was very good and got basically every decision right.

Fred Eyre spouts a good portion of shite too though DH!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby King Kev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:23 pm

Barry got kicked and tripped throughout the entire game and nothing got done. Yet, as soon as he bumped into one of their players he went in the book. It was preposterous.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Twobob » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Ref was dire! Even my bagies mate that i saw after the game said as much - never saw so many go thier way, most of his yellows were to us for nothing tackles and the bagies players were getting sod all until he was forced in to a corner!

The standard of refs in this country is going to hell hn a hand cart but it isnt surprising considering Mike Rileys now a big player - the rag fuck
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby shawzy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:and yet listening to good old Fred Eyre it sounded like the ref was very good and got basically every decision right.

The commentary on my river was the same....Tossers.
He was piss poor today..Throwing his card around like wedding confetti.Giving stupid freekicks against us, and that pissed me off when Yaya got booted in the calf, landed in a heap and the ref ignored it.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Manx Blue wrote:

Fred Eyre spouts a good portion of shite too though DH!

Absolutely true and probably so does Cheeseman sat next to him but it does show how different opinions can be watching exactly the same thing. Some from blue tinted specs and some from very very very blue tinted specs.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Barry deserved a yellow as his little kick was a bit cynical. That said a WBA player made a carbon copy of that foul 10 mins later and got let off.

He wasn't horrible but had no consistency and ultimately lost control because of this.

I'm pretty certain Mulumba (sp) was suprised to be sent off as he thought his boys were allowed to foul.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby King Kev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:34 pm

I'm sure I heard the City fans chanting that the referee was the man of the match.

Just about sums up his look-at -me-everybody performance.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:39 pm

I think his performance contributed to Balotelli's sending off. We were getting very few decisions and I think from the moment one of their defenders (Shorey I think) literally wrapped his arms around him and he didn't get the free kick, he was a ticking bomb. There were numerous occasions when we were harshly penalised and yet similar fouls by WBA went unpunished. The most laughable was when Yaya was trying to burst between 2 WBA players and was penalised after going down. For some reason Barry seems to be being singled out by officials at the moment. Carded against Arsenal and then 2 minutes later no booking for Song for a very similar tackle and today carded harshly once again (compared to some of the tackles). I was getting very frustrated with Probert today so can fully sympathise with the players.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby AFKAE » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:26 pm

King Kev wrote:I'm sure I heard the City fans chanting that the referee was the man of the match.

Just about sums up his look-at -me-everybody performance.

Yep, we did.
AFKAE
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Just saw the sending off. Erm, what?

If we don't successfully win that appeal, then I just don't know anymore. Personal issues between the ref and Ballo getting in the way of justice. Load of old shite.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby shawzy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm

MOTD2 is just starting.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:47 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Just saw the sending off. Erm, what?

If we don't successfully win that appeal, then I just don't know anymore. Personal issues between the ref and Ballo getting in the way of justice. Load of old shite.

It is very hard to win appeals but I tend to agree with you. If you ignore any tensions that had been building up which might have contributed to the refs quick decision I thought it was just a tussle where the guy got tied up with Mario and his legs and he sort of threw him off ( using his legs to do it)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Just saw the sending off. Erm, what?

It is very hard to win appeals but I tend to agree with you. If you ignore any tensions that had been building up which might have contributed to the refs quick decision I thought it was just a tussle where the guy got tied up with Mario and his legs and he sort of threw him off ( using his legs to do it)

That's how I saw it Doug, however I suppose I'm being a bit naive to think a ref will make a judgement like this fairly without putting his own issues into play at the same time. By the book, Mario, to my mind, has done bugger all wrong. But as much as we could argue that the ref was just waiting for an excuse to send him off (think the same happened to Bellamy last year too didn't it?), you just know that kind of thing doesn't wash with the appeals panel etc.

I also couldn't really understand why he got his yellow card after going down trying to win a pen. To book him for a dive would be one thing, but he's booked him for petulance. And when you consider Mario's display of "petulance" today when compared to the swear-fests you get going unpunished from Rooney and Ashley Cole and co, you wonder where the bloody hell logic and sense have gone.

Again though, this is clearly my naivety in thinking football is a fair game.

Edit - scratch that, seems he did book him for diving. Don't I look the fool.
Last edited by KinkyKinkladze on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Did my ears deceive me there or did the MOTD commentator call him Pascal Zabaleta?
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:17 pm

He did, he's done it twice!

Who the fuck is Pascal Zabaleta?
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Edit - scratch that, seems he did book him for diving. Don't I look the fool.

And yet Thomas dives later in the game, the ref sees it, waves play on and no card. It is the inconsistency that annoys. The same offence should be receiving the same punishment every time it is committed, no matter who does it. That simply was not happening.

I accept incompetence as a reason but only if inconsistencies happen equally to both teams. This was not incompetence and nor was Clattenburg. Nor was Marriner last time we had him.

It makes me wonder why. I have my thoughts but some might say they verge on paranoia. I often think so myself.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum