Craig Bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Craig Bellamy

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Looked poor today, he had two golden opportunities and fluffed them. He was 1 on 1 and screwed up when it seemed easier to score at 0-0, then Cardiff went on to lose 0-1.

I would have Bellamy back in a heartbeat, but watching him today made me think he doesnt look in good shape
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Craig Bellamy

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:10 pm

I also watched this game and for the first time since he left I really believe that Bobby Manc made the right choice.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Maybe his head is messed up - I know he's playing for his boyhood team but imagine trying to perform as a Championship player when you KNOW you should be scoring against the 'big boys' and in Europe.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Dameerto wrote:Maybe his head is messed up - I know he's playing for his boyhood team but imagine trying to perform as a Championship player when you KNOW you should be scoring against the 'big boys' and in Europe.

"knowing" you can score against the big boys usually involves actually scoring against the small frys when required.

I miss Bellamy in spirit, but then again on principle, i don't. I miss him on days when we really need width and pace because you know he'd run on a break and create 2-3 chances per match, but he clearly couldn't get it sorted with Mancini, and ultimately that's what counts the most.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:11 pm

I know what you mean about the shape (width), and it's part of the same reason AJ doesnt start as many games these days, but he (Bellamy) is SO tailor-made to our counter-attacking game. It's a darned shame he and Mancini couldn't see eye to eye - there would only ever be one winner there.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 pm

knees, he said 18 months ago they wouldn't last
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Adam Johnson's Big Toe » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:knees, he said 18 months ago they wouldn't last

Still miss him tho, n wish he was in our squad
Adam Johnson's Big Toe
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: carlos tevez

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 am

Glad he's not looking in good shape. Makes it easier to put up with the fact we've effectively swapped him for Jo & SWP & also shuts the gob of that mouthy ex physio type cunt who has so much to say about City since he was fired.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:45 am

Until he pulls on a City shirt again, I do not give a shit about Craig Bellamy.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 am

Dameerto wrote:Maybe his head is messed up - I know he's playing for his boyhood team but imagine trying to perform as a Championship player when you KNOW you should be scoring against the 'big boys' and in Europe.

I thought one of the main advantages of Bellamy was that it didn't matter who he was playing for or against, he gave the same commitment every game?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

I thought one of the main advantages of Bellamy was that it didn't matter who he was playing for or against, he gave the same commitment every game?

i believe that he does.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:42 am

I don't think he is quite good enough to get the plaudits he does. There were plenty of games he went missing for us.
Had his moments but not that brilliant.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:49 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I don't think he is quite good enough to get the plaudits he does. There were plenty of games he went missing for us.
Had his moments but not that brilliant.

?? He was comfortably our second best player last season imo, still that was last season, I don't think he'll have the same impact if/when he returns next season
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:50 am

Wonderwall wrote:Looked poor today, he had two golden opportunities and fluffed them. He was 1 on 1 and screwed up when it seemed easier to score at 0-0, then Cardiff went on to lose 0-1.

I would have Bellamy back in a heartbeat, but watching him today made me think he doesnt look in good shape

Didn't our former fitness coach who is working with Cardiff now say that he got Bellamy into great shape after Mancini ruined his fitness?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:00 am

Please don't forget the fact that class players don't work alone.

Having nobody on your wavelength makes it bloody hard to compete, also Bellamy has had some good games as well this season.

Messi wouldn't score and domibnate every week in the championship.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 am

After watching balo yest im not surprised he got rid of bellers, we would not of got a decision all season with these two on the pitch moaning to the ref all game, would be a nightmare to watch and they def would of killed each other by the time the seasons out...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Return to The Maine Football forum