Balo's brace WBA

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Balo's brace WBA

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:19 am

Some of madness & arrogance is good in a striker. I should point out that Ian Wright was - still is in fact - a complete pain in the arse and former inmate of Chelmsford prison.

However he was still one of the league's greatest strikers.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:41 am

john@staustell wrote:Some of madness & arrogance is good in a striker. I should point out that Ian Wright was - still is in fact - a complete pain in the arse and former inmate of Chelmsford prison.

However he was still one of the league's greatest strikers.

Queen Eric is a brilliant example of this.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 am

I'm not sure if I like him yet, looks a bit of an annoying twat, doesnt celebrate either.

It's like we got rid of one arrogent showman who thought he was the best in the world and didn't wanna track back and likes to whine at the ref when an opposition player looks at him....and replaced him with the EXACT same type of player. At least Subinho smiled from time to time.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Esky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:55 am

london blue 2 wrote:I'm not sure if I like him yet, looks a bit of an annoying twat, doesnt celebrate either.

It's like we got rid of one arrogent showman who thought he was the best in the world and didn't wanna track back and likes to whine at the ref when an opposition player looks at him....and replaced him with the EXACT same type of player. At least Subinho smiled from time to time.

Super Mario just won us a game away from home, and he fits into the system Mancini clearly wants to play. Robinho's quasi-left midfield thing didn't. Their personalities might be similar but it'll mean little if we're getting results.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Mike J » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:05 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I'm not sure if I like him yet, looks a bit of an annoying twat, doesnt celebrate either.

couldnt give a fuck if he doesnt smile. as long as he is doing to business on the pitch.

anelka is a miserable bastard but ive always thought he has been a world class striker.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Esky wrote:

Super Mario just won us a game away from home, and he fits into the system Mancini clearly wants to play. Robinho's quasi-left midfield thing didn't. Their personalities might be similar but it'll mean little if we're getting results.

Hope he keeps it up.

The system is also perfect for Subinho, just saying...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:He'll be scoring 20+ goals for us a season soon enough..you heard it here first..he'll learn from that red..Bobby will give him a clip round the ear..but he is a fantastic talent..arrogant..cocky and brilliant

Bobby seemed disgusted with him as he walked passed him down the tunnel and so he should. Absolute nob for doing that. I hope your right though. He reminds me of Ronaldo when he first came to united. People will hate him, it will take him time to adjust and stop being a complete dick but his talent is unquestionable. The way he pounded the ground for his booking was horrible to watch, really did remind me of that twat ronaldo.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Now this is something I never understood of him, he didn't at Inter either. I thought it was because he wasn't happy there, especially under Mourinho, but I see he kept the habit...
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:38 pm

It looked to me like he didn't celebrate cos it was nothing special, as if he'd need to score from 45 yards to think he'd done something decent.

As for a comparison with knobbie, from what I've seen (albeit on youtube) Mario looks a lot nastier. He'll learn that diving won't work in this league - look at tranny and drogba, but I also think he'll hurt a few defenders, probably deliberately. I doubt Sunday will be his last red card.

If he can learn to use his size and strength more intelligently, like a shearer or drogba, he ciuld be as effective as them.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:17 am

Thought I'd put this little snippet in here rather than start a new thread.

I've downloaded the R5L Monday Club podacst, and they are reflecting on our win. Anyway Ian McGarry pipes up that he had a pre-press conference chatwith Mourinho, prior to Inter's game at Barca in the Champions League last season.

Mourinho wouldnt let Balotelli travel, as after a third time of telling him to do something on the training ground, Ballotelli went to attack Morinho, and a couple of the backroom staff had to get a hold of him and take him away!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum