***stars***Baggies v City thread***stars***oh Official!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***stars***Baggies v City thread***stars***oh Official!!

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:00 pm

A win against the rags, and the press can get back to talking about us being title contenders.

Funny old game!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:04 pm

ant london wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:
ant london wrote:haha....fucking class from Mario....so predictable that he'd get sent off

what a talent the mental fucker is!

I don't think you'd be laughing if West Brom had turned the game around after the sending off. :)
Incredibly stupid by Mario especially when already on a yellow.

No, I would still be laughing.....but for different reasons.

agreed it was fucking stupid.....but totally expected this from him. To be fair, Adebayor is several years older than Mario, with less of a reputation as a headcase and did something just as stupid, but more unforgivably so, when he stamped on RvP.

neither covered themselves in glory with those kind of antics but i'll give mario more latitude....he's a kid and he is new to the PL....he'll hopefully learn. Adebayor shouldn't have "needed to learn"

Look, i'm a fan of the Dutch team, and i think RVP should be stamped upon pretty much every weekend. Dunno how you can slag off Ade for stepping-ish on his face. He has big feet!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:07 pm

The rags would be all over Balo like a fucking rash, kicking him, dropping to the floor holding their faces etc. He wouldn't last 45 mins. It's a good thing he's banned imo. He needs to change his attitude right away or he'll have to go. He's no use to us behaving like that no matter how good he is. He'll be sent off every two games if he carries on like that & the players won't want to play with him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:13 pm

1 point better off now. WBA were subbed with Hull who we lost against away last year. Encouraging but we need to kick to get to that 70+ points mark in the next few weeks.
Last edited by MaineRoadMemories on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:17 pm

I think today's "taxi" award goes to Nick for this comment in the 1st half;
"is yaya playing"
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The rags would be all over Balo like a fucking rash, kicking him, dropping to the floor holding their faces etc. He wouldn't last 45 mins. It's a good thing he's banned imo. He needs to change his attitude right away or he'll have to go. He's no use to us behaving like that no matter how good he is. He'll be sent off every two games if he carries on like that & the players won't want to play with him.

Spot on ... he's a liability at the mo, two goals or no two goals
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby branny » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Chinners wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:The rags would be all over Balo like a fucking rash, kicking him, dropping to the floor holding their faces etc. He wouldn't last 45 mins. It's a good thing he's banned imo. He needs to change his attitude right away or he'll have to go. He's no use to us behaving like that no matter how good he is. He'll be sent off every two games if he carries on like that & the players won't want to play with him.

Spot on ... he's a liability at the mo, two goals or no two goals

Have Cardiff made a loan enquiry yet? ;)
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby CityGer » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:45 pm

I actually think that could be the best way to deal with him. A couple of the senior players having a word and telling him to wise up and grow up.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:50 pm

Sounds like another one for Uncle Paddy to take under his wing. Glad to hear we played well even though I couldn't see the game.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Dameerto wrote:Sounds like another one for Uncle Paddy to take under his wing. Glad to hear we played well even though I couldn't see the game.

He seems to be one who doesn't listen very well and just gets caught up in things at the time.I said at half time the players needed to get around him to stop him being sent off as it felt like it was coming. Hopefully he will get used to it a little and calm down but it's going to be a rocky ride along the way.

I assume he respects Mancini big time from his time with him in Italy as well as because he brought him over here.On that basis and also assumimg it was such an obvious stupid thing to get sent off for I expect he will fine him for it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Haven't seen the game yet or listened to it, so really looking forwards to MOTD2 for once.

Regarding Balotelli, we all knew he was super talented but trouble. IF Mancini can keep him on track, he COULD be the best player in the world in a couple of seasons. Alternatively, he could have been sent packing and his career will be wasted like so many others. Remember, he's only 20 and will still be impetuous. Hopefully he will see that no one is more passionate about football than Tevez, but he channels it in the right way - when Wigan tried to kick him off the park, he hobbled around and scored 3. We would have understood if he'd turned round and chinned someone, but he knew there was a better way to take his revenge. Mario needs to learn, but let's give him some time to do it. If it was up to some on here, it sounds like he'd be transfer listed in the morning.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Bravo!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:19 pm

My youngest is identical to balo, apart from the talented bit.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby HeyMark » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:My youngest is identical to balo, apart from the talented bit.

I always thought you were white bob ;)
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Just seen the MotD2 replay of Balotelli's red card - it seemed to be unlucky to me, Balotelli was watching the ball and wasn't even looking at the 'fouled' WBA player, his leg was basically being dragged by that 'fouled' player. I would say we have grounds to appeal, but knowing our luck the ban will be increased.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:03 am

Dameerto wrote:Just seen the MotD2 replay of Balotelli's red card - it seemed to be unlucky to me, Balotelli was watching the ball and wasn't even looking at the 'fouled' WBA player, his leg was basically being dragged by that 'fouled' player. I would say we have grounds to appeal, but knowing our luck the ban will be increased.

The thing is that the time taken to actually hear the appeal would mean he's available v rags anyway surely? Isn't that what they did last season? Then it's a case of whether he learns from this red card or not. I wouldn't give him a hope in hell of lasting half a game under normal circumstances v those cynical cunts but if he was to somehow get a reprieve now, then just maybe he'll keep his head down, seeing as it's so soon after a red card.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 am

Never a red, not even sure it was a yellow. Definitely worth appealing, as it wouldn't be frivolous and shouldn't lead to an increase. Why did west brom player grab his face? Mario's foot/leg was no where near it.

Wasn't sure what happened with his first yellow either, as tge cameras didn't show anything conclusive, but presume it was going down for second time.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:03 am

Dameerto wrote:Just seen the MotD2 replay of Balotelli's red card - it seemed to be unlucky to me, Balotelli was watching the ball and wasn't even looking at the 'fouled' WBA player, his leg was basically being dragged by that 'fouled' player. I would say we have grounds to appeal, but knowing our luck the ban will be increased.

I'd agree with that. Just re-watched it a few times and there is no way in hell that was a straight red....no chance

Second yellow....possibly due to the cheating little cunt on the floor writhing around like he'd just been shot when in effect he was all over Mario. He went down himself and then effectively just made himself into an obstruction between Balotelli's legs. The "kick to the chest"....well, it was nowhere near the cynical deliberate foul that Adebayor's face stamp was.

I'd appeal it.....no hesitation.

ALSO....I've read several papers describing Mario's second as having resulted from a "poor first touch". Poor fucking first touch???? He killed it on the outside of his boot that was behind him, held the defender off, one more touch and in. If that was a poor touch I'd like to see what a good touch is?!??!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:15 am

ant london wrote:

I'd agree with that. Just re-watched it a few times and there is no way in hell that was a straight red....no chance

Second yellow....possibly due to the cheating little cunt on the floor writhing around like he'd just been shot when in effect he was all over Mario. He went down himself and then effectively just made himself into an obstruction between Balotelli's legs. The "kick to the chest"....well, it was nowhere near the cynical deliberate foul that Adebayor's face stamp was.

I'd appeal it.....no hesitation.

ALSO....I've read several papers describing Mario's second as having resulted from a "poor first touch". Poor fucking first touch???? He killed it on the outside of his boot that was behind him, held the defender off, one more touch and in. If that was a poor touch I'd like to see what a good touch is?!??!

next time i see you i'm going to give you a good touch.

Adebayor's face stamp, still to this day, cannot be proven as cynical or deliberate in my mind. im an Ade apologist until the end of the day. Sorry.

More pointedly, stop using all those ellipses...haven't i cornered the market on them? there's only room for one elliptical abusers on this forum. And it's not one who's partying on the beach 3x a month...which isn't me, tho it should be. Bastard. Make a "-" your thing or something Superman. I'll start a punctuation war in a heartbeat...i'm not shy.

i have a huge investor meeting here in DC tomorrow about a buyout for my firm. Give me some advice.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:33 am

haha....i look forward to the good touch!

The Adebayor thing....well.....I didn't blame Ade for it at the time as Van Persie really is a hateful little human being and I'd wager that I'd stamp on his face...and mean it....too. But if that is the barometer via which such things are judged in a City context, then Adebayor > Balotelli.

Who's looking to invest? You got any equity?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum