It would be nice.....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

It would be nice.....

Postby razor400 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:13 pm

....to have the same back 4 for more than 70 fucking minutes, why bother starting the liability that is Wayne fucking Bridge if Kolorov is on the bench. Stupid waste of a substitution.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Re: It would be nice.....

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:45 am

In my opinion Bridge was good last night. Didn't make mistakes defensively and imo he showed exactly what Mancini is looking for with this formation, overlapping fullbacks. Compare his contribution to Micah on the other side.

And if Mancini felt he was not ready for full game, then fine.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: It would be nice.....

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:00 am

Moonchesteri wrote:In my opinion Bridge was good last night. Didn't make mistakes defensively and imo he showed exactly what Mancini is looking for with this formation, overlapping fullbacks. Compare his contribution to Micah on the other side.

And if Mancini felt he was not ready for full game, then fine.

I would love to defend Bridge after last night as I believe he gets wrongly attacked far too often as the current boo boy. Last night I thought he showed great energy up and down the left wing which is exactly what the manager wants from him but sadly there were a few occasions where his defensive play just wasn't good enough. And when he does get forward, although the support is great , he doesnt actuallt have a final delivery often enough.

As for Micah the absolute problem I have with him is that when he does get forward and the attack breaks down he doesnt seem to have any urgency in him at all. It is inevitable that a full back who is told by the mananegr to get forward wherever he can will be found out of position at times but surely it's a must that he gets back as quickly as possible. Micah has perfected the slow jog back.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum