Tonight's commentators

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tonight's commentators

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:37 pm

On european nights, is it not the norm for the commentators to be a bit biased and partisan to the 'home' teams.

I got the impression tonight that they were almost revelling in our misfortune!!

I think we might need a bit of a siege mentality over the next few weeks.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Tonight's commentators

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 pm

I thought the ITV4 ones were spot on and almost sounded dissapointed we played shit.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Even all the sh1t they were talking about the players body language being reflective of them not being up for the task?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluej » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 pm

To be fair, Coleman (was it Coleman on ITV4) said we had been unlucky with the 2nd goal. But the only way to stop them talking like that is to beat teams like Lech.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:50 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I thought the ITV4 ones were spot on and almost sounded dissapointed we played shit.

They did sound that at the end, ie. didn't deserve it, but through the game they certainly had a negative agenda. It was like we had changed their minds with the start of the game but eventually disappointed them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Curlie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:37 pm

The dick who was doing the match called Micah, Viv on a couple of occasions.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Postby edgeley blue » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:02 am

It was clive tydelessy (or however you spell it) a well known rag bastard and Chris (homesick) coleman who was once a blue. Remember though they are getting paid and want to be paid again, so have to follow recent trends (slagging City off).

We will though have our day and then who cares about wankers like them. For me I cant wait, to see the big smug smiles on us blues faces in the next few years

Patience people patience. 34 years and were still here etc...
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Mike J » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 am

i agreed with pretty much everything coleman was saying (which is a first).
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:54 am

i liked the itv 4 guys, ive watched a few of our european games and the commentators usually treat it like a preseason friendly and are asleep, at least tydlessly put a bit of effort in(specifically for kolarovs shot!!) and coleman was spot on too.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby superkev8705 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 am

Tyldsley is a Rag. Summed up when he described that freak goal as not being in the same mould as Hernandez against Stoke. Whatever game he commentates on they always get a mention. Iv lost count of the amount of times he says 'that night in Barcelona'.
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Coleman was annoying me. He made a comment about us not having players with the experience of the pressure cooker of winning the premier league and therefore we wouldn't do well. Two thoughts occurred:

1) What about Tevez, SWP, Bridge who have won it. Plus Yaya, Kolo, Adebayor who have won things here or in Europe. Plus De Jong who's won things, as has Balotelli. Silva won something in summer, but can't remember what that was now.
2) Does that mean if you've never won it, you can't win it? In that case, why don't the rags and Chelsea just play each other at Wembley in August, give the winner the title and the rest of us will play for 3rd?

Actually a 3rd point occurred:

3) Tosspot
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:09 pm

They did spend far too long verbal w@nking over Gareth Bale as well
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Coleman was annoying me. He made a comment about us not having players with the experience of the pressure cooker of winning the premier league and therefore we wouldn't do well. Two thoughts occurred:

1) What about Tevez, SWP, Bridge who have won it. Plus Yaya, Kolo, Adebayor who have won things here or in Europe. Plus De Jong who's won things, as has Balotelli. Silva won something in summer, but can't remember what that was now.
2) Does that mean if you've never won it, you can't win it? In that case, why don't the rags and Chelsea just play each other at Wembley in August, give the winner the title and the rest of us will play for 3rd?

3) Tosspot

That pissed me off a lot! He said something along the lines of, "City have bought these players, but a lot of them haven't won anything and are not used to it..."

Wayne Bridge - Won a lot with Chelsea.
Adebayor - Won a lot with Arsenal.
SWP- Won a lot with Chelsea.
K. Toure - Won a lot with Arsenal.
de Jong - Won best tackle of the season 10/11
Y. Toure - Won THE lot with Barca.
Pat V - Won a lot with a few clubs.
Mario - Won a lot at a young age at Inter.
Silva - Won the lot with Spain.
Tevez - Won a lot with the rag twats.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Curlie wrote:The dick who was doing the match called Micah, Viv on a couple of occasions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought they heard this!!!

Tyldesley is without a shadow of a doubt the worst commentator (and I use that term very loosely in his case) in the history of the game and makes Motson sound good. His gibberish is embarrassing in the extreme and to think that he is ITV's No.1 is frightening. To think this is the channel who gave us Sindstadt, Johns, etc! Brian Moore must be turning in his fucking grave.
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Curlie wrote:The dick who was doing the match called Micah, Viv on a couple of occasions.

I always refer to Richards as Viv.Its because I'm old and the most famous Richards is Viv (cricketer).

I shout at the telly, "FFS Viv" or "Well played Viv", then think what the fuck is his name anway? Oh yeah, Micah.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Coleman was annoying me. He made a comment about us not having players with the experience of the pressure cooker of winning the premier league and therefore we wouldn't do well. Two thoughts occurred:

3) Tosspot

He's Welsh, 'Who's coats that Jacket then', 'See those two houses, mine's the one in the middle'!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:23 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

3) Tosspot

He's Welsh, 'Who's coats that Jacket then', 'See those two houses, mine's the one in the middle'!

PMSL!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Return to The Maine Football forum