Ibanez wins red card appeal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ibanez wins red card appeal

Postby TheGOAT » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Why the fuck have the FA rescinded this red card!!
The ref deemed Ibanez to have denied Campbell an obvious goalscoring opportunity! Which he had done, so why have they overturned it??

I think we all know why... ffs
"Watch a DVD, eat some pizza
**** each other!
I'm serious!!
**** a chicken if that's what it takes...
Watch a chicken ******* a horse...
What? You think the guys at google sat around watching Trumpton?"
TheGOAT
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Re: Ibanez wins red card appeal

Postby edgeley blue » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:32 pm

It was never a red card offence, which is why it was overturned and we shouldnt really be getting worried about what players WBA put out
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Lev Bronstein » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:43 pm

It wasn't a violent challenge, and from that point of view the red was harsh. But, it was a foul, and a foul that denied a clear goal scoring opportunity, so by the letter of the law it was a red. Some people seem to forget why the law was brought in, mainly because everyone was fed up of cynical, "professional" fouls that threatened to corrode the game.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ThisIsOurCity » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:It wasn't a violent challenge, and from that point of view the red was harsh. But, it was a foul, and a foul that denied a clear goal scoring opportunity, so by the letter of the law it was a red. Some people seem to forget why the law was brought in, mainly because everyone was fed up of cynical, "professional" fouls that threatened to corrode the game.

Funny how this card got rescinded but Boyata's didn't. For Boyata's there was even a good case that the ball
had already gone beyond the strikers control.
[center]Image[/center]
ThisIsOurCity
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby TheGOAT » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:57 pm

edgeley blue wrote:It was never a red card offence, which is why it was overturned and we shouldnt really be getting worried about what players WBA put out

But our opinion doesnt matter. The ref thought it was a red. He then gave his reasons for it, which are legitimate.
It shouldn't have been rescinded! I'm not worried about the players they have, it's just annoying. If they were playing United next do you think this would have happened??
**** each other!
I'm serious!!
TheGOAT

Postby edgeley blue » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:44 pm

TheGOAT wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:It was never a red card offence, which is why it was overturned and we shouldnt really be getting worried about what players WBA put out

But our opinion doesnt matter. The ref thought it was a red. He then gave his reasons for it, which are legitimate.
It shouldn't have been rescinded! I'm not worried about the players they have, it's just annoying. If they were playing United next do you think this would have happened??

Being honest Goat, if they were playing rags then No it wouldnt have been rescinded.
I still didnt think it was a red though and for it to be rescinded, I am sure the ref has to see it again and then basically say he has made a mistake.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby ayrshireblue » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:23 am

Did we even appeal Boyata's red card? Time for the paranoia to stop. It really is ridiculous. If we're worried about a WBA centre half that few of us knew before Monday night being available then we should give up now. Ibanez's red card was harsh, it wasn't rescinded because they are playing Big Bad City on Saturday but because they appealed against the decision, we could have appealed Boyata's red card but decided not to. Simple.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:31 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Did we even appeal Boyata's red card? Time for the paranoia to stop. It really is ridiculous. If we're worried about a WBA centre half that few of us knew before Monday night being available then we should give up now. Ibanez's red card was harsh, it wasn't rescinded because they are playing Big Bad City on Saturday but because they appealed against the decision, we could have appealed Boyata's red card but decided not to. Simple.

Two very different cases. It would've been embarrasing had we appealed for what was as clear sending off as you can get. Ibanez case wasn't worth red.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:Did we even appeal Boyata's red card? Time for the paranoia to stop. It really is ridiculous. If we're worried about a WBA centre half that few of us knew before Monday night being available then we should give up now. Ibanez's red card was harsh, it wasn't rescinded because they are playing Big Bad City on Saturday but because they appealed against the decision, we could have appealed Boyata's red card but decided not to. Simple.

Two very different cases. It would've been embarrasing had we appealed for what was as clear sending off as you can get. Ibanez case wasn't worth red.

Were they, though? I bet the referees' reports both read:

'Last man, mistimed challenge, straight red.'

Both were clear-as-day reds to me, and I'd be interested to know the grounds on which he's been let off.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:

Were they, though? I bet the referees' reports both read:

'Last man, mistimed challenge, straight red.'

Both were clear-as-day reds to me, and I'd be interested to know the grounds on which he's been let off.

There may have been slight obstruction in Ibanez case but it was borderline at best. Perhaps worth a yellow and penalty but personally I wouldn't have given anything for it. Boyata's challenge was clear as day late challenge stopping player getting into scoring position.

More interesting question is how WBA player who got the second red hasn't been vilified in press the same way as De Jong was. Ten million times wilder challenge.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ayrshireblue » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:53 pm

The original poster was asking why Ibanez card was rescinded but Boyata's not. I was just highlighting that we didn't appeal but WBA did. I agree that if we had it would have been embarrassing. I also agree that the second WBA players tackle was worse than De Jong's.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby TheGOAT » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Your missing my point!
It dosn't matter if it was harsh, there was still grounds to give it. And the referee explained the decision in his match report. Im just asking why therefore it was overturned. Im not worried about West Brom, im not saying the FA are out to get us. I just dont think it should have been rescinded.
**** each other!
I'm serious!!
TheGOAT

Postby ayrshireblue » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:58 pm

TheGOAT wrote:Why the fuck have the FA rescinded this red card!!
The ref deemed Ibanez to have denied Campbell an obvious goalscoring opportunity! Which he had done, so why have they overturned it??

Does the last line of your original post not show that you think they're all out to get us? If the red card shouldn't be rescinded you could argue that there should be no appeals at all as the referees decision is final. Sometimes though things are seen at the time that become apparent weren't there, eg a clear goalscoring opportunity or intent to foul, so there is the right of appeal which some clubs have been known to abuse.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby TheGOAT » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:35 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
TheGOAT wrote:Why the fuck have the FA rescinded this red card!!

Does the last line of your original post not show that you think they're all out to get us? If the red card shouldn't be rescinded you could argue that there should be no appeals at all as the referees decision is final. Sometimes though things are seen at the time that become apparent weren't there, eg a clear goalscoring opportunity or intent to foul, so there is the right of appeal which some clubs have been known to abuse.

No i'm not arguing that at all. You should be allowed to appeal if the ref has made a mistake. But in this instance he didn't. A seperate panels opinion has got this rescinded, which in my opinion is wrong.
**** each other!
I'm serious!!
TheGOAT

Postby CityGer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:48 pm

TheGOAT wrote:

Your missing my point!
It dosn't matter if it was harsh, there was still grounds to give it. And the referee explained the decision in his match report. Im just asking why therefore it was overturned. Im not worried about West Brom, im not saying the FA are out to get us. I just dont think it should have been rescinded.

Yes you are and if not why this in your initial post

Paranoia of extreme proportions and it's cringe worthy. As was the climb down when the idiocy of your theory was pointed out to you. The press may be out to nail us at every opportunity but let's not go down the route of suggesting that the FA are as it's just paranoid bullshit which makes us look daft.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Return to The Maine Football forum