Congratulations Spurs.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Congratulations Spurs.

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:56 pm

For winning the Champion's League.

Also it's wonderful to see Gareth Bale's European Player of the Year award.

A fantastic achievement considering we're not even half way through the season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Congratulations Spurs.

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Someone in work this morning actually said that Bale is one of the best players in the world!!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:31 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Someone in work this morning actually said that Bale is one of the best players in the world!!!!

Considering that he is one of the few wingers who can actually get the ball in the middle in the right place then he is definitley in a select minority. So if he continues to do that all season then he will be in with a shout for being one of the best players in his position.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:43 pm

I think Harry should get a Knighthood for this. After all when did a British team ever beat Inter Milan? Well apart from the other teams that have recently beaten them that is.

Anyhow, it's worth every one of the sixteen hours of solid hero worship, inteviews with ex players & media wankfest that's followed, I'm sure.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby trout man » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Lets be honest about this, if Gareth Bale was in a sky blue shirt last night, I would have been creaming myself. He is a serious talent but I am sure the gutter press will destroy him before he reaches his full potential (all they will need is a poor performance in an England jersey).
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:56 pm

I don't really get you on this one Ted?

I watched that last night and I thought they were fantastic and that Redknapp got it spot on. I don't think Spurs are the finished article, but I do think the fact that they were playing the Champions using attacking football and winning convincingly is something that should be applauded, even though I don't like them particularly.

Spurs are there or thereabouts in the prem and look like they're going through to the knockout stages of the champions league at the first time of asking, playing football the way I like to see it played.

Right now, I wish that was us, but for somw reason, it seems to be gospel that we must first of all learn how to be a team of defenders or else risk a barage of goals.

I don't buy that for one second.
Original Dub

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:59 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Someone in work this morning actually said that Bale is one of the best players in the world!!!!

In his role, right now, he probably is.

trout man wrote:Lets be honest about this, if Gareth Bale was in a sky blue shirt last night, I would have been creaming myself. He is a serious talent but I am sure the gutter press will destroy him before he reaches his full potential (all they will need is a poor performance in an England jersey).

Hard to happen, that, seeing as he's Welsh ;)
Original Dub wrote:
Right now, I wish that was us, but for somw reason, it seems to be gospel that we must first of all learn how to be a team of defenders or else risk a barage of goals.

Spurs conceded 4 goals in 34 minutes in the game at the San Siro though. Sure, they then came back to 4-3 with ten men thanks to an astonishing Bale hat-trick, still they could have conceded even more on that night. I'm not saying we have to learn to be defenders first, but unless we eventually learn how to defend we won't win trophies because in the long run being able to defend well is needed. So, since we will have to learn it soon or later, I don't think it is particularly wrong to learn that first and then couple it with attacking football.
Last edited by CityFanFromRome on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Wooders » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:59 pm

they can fuck off as far as I am concerned
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:03 pm

We're just jealous.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby trout man » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Wooders wrote:they can fuck off as far as I am concerned

I understand where you are coming from Wooders, I detest spurs, always have, but I will admit that Bale is possibly one of the most exciting talents I have seen in years and spurs did play highly attractive football last night, despite the fact that in Ireland all they show is the fucking scum games (had to do with the highlights) despite what other great ties are on that night...
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:09 pm

I see where you're coming from Ted, just turned on SSN and it's the Bale appreciation society. They've even got a comparison chart with the fact and figures up against none other than Vinyl Messi!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby trout man » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:

In his role, right now, he probably is.

trout man wrote:Lets be honest about this, if Gareth Bale was in a sky blue shirt last night, I would have been creaming myself. He is a serious talent but I am sure the gutter press will destroy him before he reaches his full potential (all they will need is a poor performance in an England jersey).

Hard to happen, that, seeing as he's Welsh ;)
Original Dub wrote:

Spurs conceded 4 goals in 34 minutes in the game at the San Siro though. Sure, they then came back to 4-3 with ten men thanks to an astonishing Bale hat-trick, still they could have conceded even more on that night. I'm not saying we have to learn to be defenders first, but unless we eventually learn how to defend we won't win trophies because in the long run being able to defend well is needed. So, since we will have to learn it soon or later, I don't think it is particularly wrong to learn that first and then couple it with attacking football.

Had to laugh at that myself, just listening to his accent (very English) on the radio before I wrote that and just got caught napping badly, good call CFFR....my embarrased apologies...maybe he might play for England yet...few dodgy rules about that around at the moment!
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:20 pm

The post match interview when the hack asked VdV if he'd ever played with a "world class player" like Bale was the best/worst bit.
The Man In Blue

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm with Ted and if, as someone said, Bale had been in a Sky blue jersey you would hear fuck-all about it.

Bale basically kicks a ball into space and runs after it. The fact that such a thing is unknown to Maicon says much about the Italian league. Funny how Bale's 2 outstanding performances have been against Inter.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:29 pm

i hate spurs so much it's unhealthy...more than any team in the world. true story.

also, i wish Bale was a Blue. Someone mentioned in a post last night that even if he was we'd have never had the patience to let him develop...and that's probably a valid point. We aren't playing romantic footy right now, and we're surely not gonna slow dance with a player to get to know them a little bit better. Frustrating feeling that way but i do. Hope i'm wrong and everyone will get off Boateng's back for example and let the guy develop some. Just one of many examples...

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

i hate spurs so much it's unhealthy...more than any team in the world. true story.

also, i wish Bale was a Blue. Someone mentioned in a post last night that even if he was we'd have never had the patience to let him develop...and that's probably a valid point. We aren't playing romantic footy right now, and we're surely not gonna slow dance with a player to get to know them a little bit better. Frustrating feeling that way but i do. Hope i'm wrong and everyone will get off Boateng's back for example and let the guy develop some. Just one of many examples...

cheers

i read the original comment saying if it were us we wouldn't have the patience. At the time i thought the comment related to the fans patience not the club, why becuase if we had bought Bale a few years back there is no reason to suggest we wouldn't have stuck with him like we did with other players from a few years back. This summer might have been a tricky time, but Bale was already playing well by the middle of last season.
As for current players i dont see that Mancini and the club wont have patience with who they have.. be that Boateng, Kolarov, Balotelli, Boyata, Hart or even those expected to perform like Yaya or Milner.

Some fans on the other hand is a different story and as we have already seen Balotelli is apparently a pile of wank.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ashton287 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:00 pm

watch spurs last night and compare it to the toothless performance we will undoubtably put in on thursday.

Then talk shit about them. That first goal was better then anything we've scored this season and i'll be surprised if mancini continues doing what he's doing if we manage to finish above them this season.

The way were playing im not looking forward to a game on sunday that should be 3 points in the bag.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:00 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

i read the original comment saying if it were us we wouldn't have the patience. At the time i thought the comment related to the fans patience not the club, why becuase if we had bought Bale a few years back there is no reason to suggest we wouldn't have stuck with him like we did with other players from a few years back. This summer might have been a tricky time, but Bale was already playing well by the middle of last season.
As for current players i dont see that Mancini and the club wont have patience with who they have.. be that Boateng, Kolarov, Balotelli, Boyata, Hart or even those expected to perform like Yaya or Milner.

Some fans on the other hand is a different story and as we have already seen Balotelli is apparently a pile of wank.

It was my comment and yes it was more aimed at fans patience rather than the club. Bale played 24 PL games without once being on the winning side. You can imagine the threads if that was with us :)

In fairness though Spurs had all but given up on the guy as well with a loan move to a championship club all but done until it fell through. But fall through it did and the rest is history.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby ashton287 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:03 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

AJ?
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Amazing isnt it?.....6-9 months ago, he wasn't worth jack shit and had never played in a winning Spurs team, and was subject to dogs abuse by the Spuds Massive
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum