Congratulations Spurs.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Congratulations Spurs.

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm

ashton287 wrote:watch spurs last night and compare it to the toothless performance we will undoubtably put in on thursday.

Then talk shit about them. That first goal was better then anything we've scored this season and i'll be surprised if mancini continues doing what he's doing if we manage to finish above them this season.

The way were playing im not looking forward to a game on sunday that should be 3 points in the bag.

You're a happy ray of sunshine.

The mighty Spurs hung on for a point against WBA earlier this season so where did it all go wrong? Perhaps Bale wasn't playing that day :)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:13 pm

ashton287 wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Wooders wrote:they can fuck off as far as I am concerned

i hate spurs so much it's unhealthy...more than any team in the world. true story.

also, i wish Bale was a Blue. Someone mentioned in a post last night that even if he was we'd have never had the patience to let him develop...and that's probably a valid point. We aren't playing romantic footy right now, and we're surely not gonna slow dance with a player to get to know them a little bit better. Frustrating feeling that way but i do. Hope i'm wrong and everyone will get off Boateng's back for example and let the guy develop some. Just one of many examples...

cheers

i read the original comment saying if it were us we wouldn't have the patience. At the time i thought the comment related to the fans patience not the club, why becuase if we had bought Bale a few years back there is no reason to suggest we wouldn't have stuck with him like we did with other players from a few years back. This summer might have been a tricky time, but Bale was already playing well by the middle of last season.
As for current players i dont see that Mancini and the club wont have patience with who they have.. be that Boateng, Kolarov, Balotelli, Boyata, Hart or even those expected to perform like Yaya or Milner.

Some fans on the other hand is a different story and as we have already seen Balotelli is apparently a pile of wank.

AJ?

Yeah AJ too. I would say that AJ is being groomed about right so far.. it is all well and good for fans to just see potential and then bark on about throwing him into every game. AJ is brilliant but he also needs to consolidate that brilliance and learn to go from what he has now to the next level. Good and great managers should engineer that with players and it takes skill, patience and occasionally the need to bring players down to earth, or at least understand the need to focus on the next level.

While we are on the subject i hope that AJ is watching Bale as he is a good example of a winger that almost without fail puts quality deliveries into the danger area.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Spurs? Fuck Off
Bale? Fuck Off
Twitchy? Fuck Off
Sir Alan Apprentice? Fuck Off
Chaz and Dave? Fuck Off
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ashton287 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:17 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
ashton287 wrote:watch spurs last night and compare it to the toothless performance we will undoubtably put in on thursday.

Then talk shit about them. That first goal was better then anything we've scored this season and i'll be surprised if mancini continues doing what he's doing if we manage to finish above them this season.

The way were playing im not looking forward to a game on sunday that should be 3 points in the bag.

The mighty Spurs hung on for a point against WBA earlier this season so where did it all go wrong? Perhaps Bale wasn't playing that day :)

I didnt mention bale. Bale is a good winger made to look better because he plays on the left (easy to look good with no competition) and is allowed to play not held back like our players. I think if pundits watched him every game instead of the showreel on motd and the odd game even they would see a few flaws in him.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:26 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Spurs? Fuck Off
Bale? Fuck Off
Twitchy? Fuck Off
Chaz and Dave? Fuck Off

THIS X 10.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:29 pm

ashton287 wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:

I didnt mention bale. Bale is a good winger made to look better because he plays on the left (easy to look good with no competition) and is allowed to play not held back like our players. I think if pundits watched him every game instead of the showreel on motd and the odd game even they would see a few flaws in him.

Well Ashton i have watched him in nearly every game from last season on, and yes he is defo not the finished article, however in the one aspect of his game of firing the ball into the middle he is quite astonishing ( at least if you compare him to other wingers ). It is a long time since i have seen a winger put so much effort into making sure he gets a delivery and more often than not right in the dangerous space between keeper and striker. Im not sure that makes him brilliant or more suggests that a lot of other so called amazing wingers are actually shite. Walcott, Downing, Lennon, Bentley.. and a few more closer to home!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:56 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
ashton287 wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:

Well Ashton i have watched him in nearly every game from last season on, and yes he is defo not the finished article, however in the one aspect of his game of firing the ball into the middle he is quite astonishing ( at least if you compare him to other wingers ). It is a long time since i have seen a winger put so much effort into making sure he gets a delivery and more often than not right in the dangerous space between keeper and striker. Im not sure that makes him brilliant or more suggests that a lot of other so called amazing wingers are actually shite. Walcott, Downing, Lennon, Bentley.. and a few more closer to home!

Umm, thats the one fucking thing he does well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bear60 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:16 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Spurs? Fuck Off
Bale? Fuck Off
Twitchy? Fuck Off
Chaz and Dave? Fuck Off

Well said that man.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:16 pm

tsk, theres me thinking this might be a genuine thread. I thought Spurs were fantastic. Anyone that wouldn't like to see City play like that for just 1 game this season is either a liar or jealous. I don't like Spurs but to dismiss such a performance is risible in the extream ..... imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Chinners wrote:tsk, theres me thinking this might be a genuine thread. I thought Spurs were fantastic. Anyone that wouldn't like to see City play like that for just 1 game this season is either a liar or jealous. I don't like Spurs but to dismiss such a performance is risible in the extream ..... imo

Well said Chinners. I don't like them as a club, but I last night, I wished that was us IN the Champion's league playing entertaining football and using it to BEAT the champions.

Saying otherwise makes no sense IMO.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:53 am

Bale world class after a few games???!!!! Fuck me! Even if he plays well all season that doesn't make him world class FFS! Jo had a good season for CSKA once. Is he world class?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:22 am

Perhaps some of you should phone in just in case the wankfest is dying down & re-kindle it?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Perhaps some of you should phone in just in case the wankfest is dying down & re-kindle it?

Seems to be continuing quite nicely. Turned on SSN to see Leonardo claiming he is the best left back in the world although I was under the impression that Sky had trademarked that tag for Ashley Cole. Steve Clarke doing a piece on how do you stop the best left back in the world and for some reason one of the Tweedledum's who co-owns West Ham (I forget which) on why Spurs will sell the best left back in the world for like 2 gazillion quid. Quite what the hell it has to do with the owner of West Ham is beyond me but then it is SSN so reason has little to do with it.

It is entertaining to see what they will come up with next though
BobKowalski

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:22 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Perhaps some of you should phone in just in case the wankfest is dying down & re-kindle it?

Seems to be continuing quite nicely. Turned on SSN to see Leonardo claiming he is the best left back in the world although I was under the impression that Sky had trademarked that tag for Ashley Cole. Steve Clarke doing a piece on how do you stop the best left back in the world and for some reason one of the Tweedledum's who co-owns West Ham (I forget which) on why Spurs will sell the best left back in the world for like 2 gazillion quid. Quite what the hell it has to do with the owner of West Ham is beyond me but then it is SSN so reason has little to do with it.

Why would they think Assou-Ekotto is the best left back in the world??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:34 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:

Why would they think Assou-Ekotto is the best left back in the world??

Nice one :)
BobKowalski

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Inter Milan have a new manager in case nobody has noticed, his name is Rafa Benitez. Mourinho managed to beat Chelsea last year, however the year before:

2009:

Man Utd 2 Inter Milan 0
Inter Milan 0 Man Utd 0

& the year before:

Liverpool 2 Inter Milan 0
Inter Milan 0 Liverpool 2

They've had one good season, under Mourinho, he's gone.

Oh 2003 btw

Inter Milan 0 Arsenal 5.

Yes Spurs played excellenty well & deserved due credit but Inter were dogshit & beating them is nothing new. The response to it on this occasion is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Bale has looked really impressive in the two games against Inter. What I don't get is why he hasn't got 10 goals and 30 assists in the premier league so far? Would that be because no team here has defended like school boys?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:11 pm

The Mirror is full of Bale today...comparing him with Messi...I shit you not...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Bale has looked really impressive in the two games against Inter. What I don't get is why he hasn't got 10 goals and 30 assists in the premier league so far? Would that be because no team here has defended like school boys?

That's my gripe with all the hype. I keep putting him in my FF Team but he keeps letting me down, and most games I've seen of him this season he's looked very ordinary.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Talksport were still at it when I switched them off, just put on SSN & they were still at it. Also on Talksport they played a bit of a Patric Vieira interview where he complimented his various managers including Mancini, so they they extended the Mancini question looking for a more suitable result & because he hesistated for a second before calling him a 'good communicator' the two presenters jumped on it & giggled like schoolboys saying "oo we'll have to listen to that".

People who think these characters aren't on our case are very fucking naive. The over the top nature of the treatment both clubs are receiving is proof enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum