Spurs v Inter

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Spurs v Inter

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:32 am

s1ty m wrote:I have learnt to loather Spurs.

Right now, they are playing like I want City to play and I was increasingly agitated watching them. Sorry, but they appear miles better than us.

I'm sorry at times they have been as bad as us agaisnt Wigan, West Ham and then Man U. Maybe they stuggle with motiivation for the somewhat lesser games like City.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:41 am

Sister of fu wrote:

Right now, they are playing like I want City to play and I was increasingly agitated watching them. Sorry, but they appear miles better than us.

I'm sorry at times they have been as bad as us agaisnt Wigan, West Ham and then Man U. Maybe they stuggle with motiivation for the somewhat lesser games like City.

...and Everton and WBA who took them apart in the second half. Rival football teams are like other peoples wives. You only notice them at their best.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:57 am

BobKowalski wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

...and Everton and WBA who took them apart in the second half. Rival football teams are like other peoples wives. You only notice them at their best.

If you talk to a spurs fan you will get the lowdown as they know full well the probs that spurs have. On the wrong day they just don't turn up at all and perhaps the worse trait is going to sleep during games and throwing it away. They have done that consistently for years and still do and it is basically why they haven't succeeded to the level that the way they can play suggests they should.
A lot of City fans hate spurs with a vengeance.. probs due to our appalling record against them (which will change) put that aside though and most would admit at their best they play some good attractive football that is enviable.
Their inconsistency is not enviable though.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 pm

Wooders wrote:I'd have redknapp 'ere as our manager

that is all

I feel dirty

Wash your mouth, young man!!!!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:04 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

If you talk to a spurs fan you will get the lowdown as they know full well the probs that spurs have. On the wrong day they just don't turn up at all and perhaps the worse trait is going to sleep during games and throwing it away. They have done that consistently for years and still do and it is basically why they haven't succeeded to the level that the way they can play suggests they should.
A lot of City fans hate spurs with a vengeance.. probs due to our appalling record against them (which will change) put that aside though and most would admit at their best they play some good attractive football that is enviable.
Their inconsistency is not enviable though.

Agreed. Redknapp has taken them one step further that they got under Jol. In essence in 5 years they have gone from 5th to 4th with a detour via the Ramos roundabout and a lot of money spent. I quite like 'arry but I just don't see him making Spurs a team consistently challenging for the top spots in the PL. They will always be there or thereabouts but never quite nail it on a consistent basis.

Lets hope we can do the 5th to 4th (or better) in 1 year as opposed to 5 :)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum