Training Tuesday 2/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 2/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Back to a more normal routine today with an 11am start.Everybody out to start with minus Carlos,Nige and MJ and just one reserve joining them today being Abdul Razak. But MJ was out working again later and even Nigel was doing some running right at the end.The not so good news though was Shay went in early, a bit of a calf problem apparently which started yesterday and clearly wasn't great today. Mario also went in early with what looked like a thigh problem.

Apart from that stuff they just got on with normal warm up sessions,some keep ball work in two groups before Mancini took what looked like the Thursday team away behind the fencing.A good team but of course plenty of changes from the prem side. What was left played a 5 a side game with no holds barred as shown when when Vinnie clashed with Micah.I don't think Micah was too happy from the comments he made but they just got on with it as you would expect. Silva looked the class act we know he is.

Then they all got involved in some pure fitness work before many of them went in leaving about enough for a 6 or 7 a side game.Most notable for me in this was Kolarov who just loves to shoot. Fairly inconsisent I would describe his finishing but when it's right it is special.RSC scored plenty ,Joe Hart was screaming instructions all the time, Milner got a knock but recovered ok,Jo managed to miss an absolute sitter then scored a much harder one. Just a regular day at the office really.

Then it changed as the session finished and most went in but some cameras had arrived and it turned out they were Soccer AM for the crossbar challenge. If I can remember who stayed for this it was SWP/Lescott/Joe/Jo/Stu Taylor/Milner and AJ. I won't spoil it for those who will watch it when it comes on but I had my chance to be famous when one attempt flew over the bar, over the netting behind and over the fence behind that and straight into my waiting arms. The trouble is it bounced straight out again much to the amusement of the watching coaches and some players. It was one of those Europa balls and of course was moving all over the place:)

The only 2 to stay a bit longer were SWP and Lescott for a chat on camera which is where Nigel came jogging past and kicked a ball at them.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 2/11

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:32 pm

The only 2 to stay a bit longer were SWP and Lescott for a chat on camera which is where Nigel came jogging past and kicked a ball at them.

class our Nige.

Thanks Doug, in keeping with my interest in Ade at the mo.. how did he seem today anything of note?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:43 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

class our Nige.

Thanks Doug, in keeping with my interest in Ade at the mo.. how did he seem today anything of note?

He seemed lively and up for it today but in the 6 a side stuff wasn't doing much on the goalscoring front. He seemed to play much deeper without quite being a defender.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

class our Nige.

He seemed lively and up for it today but in the 6 a side stuff wasn't doing much on the goalscoring front. He seemed to play much deeper without quite being a defender.

Hmm.. perhaps a new role emerging there Doug... not before time either imo. well done Bobby.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: Mario also went in early with what looked like a thigh problem.

Fuck me, is that guy made of glass?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby kennyboy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:RSC scored plenty

thought this would be a serious thread...
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Cheers Doug, you say that Carlos wasn't out but do you know if he is actually here?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mike J » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:47 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote: Mario also went in early with what looked like a thigh problem.

Fuck me, is that guy made of glass?

maybe he hurt himself getting up off the floor on saturday.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, you say that Carlos wasn't out but do you know if he is actually here?

Still in Argentina isn't he?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, you say that Carlos wasn't out but do you know if he is actually here?

Still in Argentina isn't he?

Wasn't sure mate, heard a comment from a mate today who said he was staying longer than expected. Wondered if it was true?

Anyway, PM me that team sheet if you can Guv', I won't tell anyone; honest!

Edit: ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:50 pm

No mention of Mario Doug, was he training today or did he need a rest after playing the full 90 on Saturday?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:No mention of Mario Doug, was he training today or did he need a rest after playing the full 90 on Saturday?

Time to invest in a new pair of glasses Beefy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:No mention of Mario Doug, was he training today or did he need a rest after playing the full 90 on Saturday?

Doh; and I read it twice!!! His name must be much like his game on Saturday................Invisible!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:

Doh; and I read it twice!!! His name must be much like his game on Saturday................Invisible!

Oh he wasn't invisible on the weekend, I think we all wish he was though.

Still trying to think of a worse debut.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:

Lee Bradbury....he was seriously bad and didnt get any better
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ant london » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:56 pm

wasn't a great debut to be honest but I'd rather have him start like that and develop than have a Steve McManaman (vs Aston Villa) type debut and subsequent City career
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:02 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:

Corradi at Chelsea?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby HeyMark » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:02 pm

ant london wrote:wasn't a great debut to be honest but I'd rather have him start like that and develop than have a Steve McManaman (vs Aston Villa) type debut and subsequent City career

What a debut it was though!!
HeyMark

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:35 pm

HeyMark wrote:
ant london wrote:wasn't a great debut to be honest but I'd rather have him start like that and develop than have a Steve McManaman (vs Aston Villa) type debut and subsequent City career

What a debut it was though!!

It certainly was. Never understand why some many players have an outstanding debut then go shite. Do they put more effort in on their first game then simply cant be arsed?
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:39 pm

I thought he looked alright during the line-up, steadily went down-hill from there.

To be fair, Wolves gave him a good old fashioned English League welcome. He was taken down a few times and when he realised the ref was going to give him nothing, he decided discretion was the better side to valour. He'll learn and soon go down like those sacks of shit Tranny and Jacko. It'll be alright though, he'll be in Blue and he'll just be protecting himself; maybe even get players sent off or score from dodgy refereeing decisions.

I can't wait!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum