Training Tuesday 2/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Training Tuesday 2/11

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:47 pm

HeyMark wrote:
ant london wrote:wasn't a great debut to be honest but I'd rather have him start like that and develop than have a Steve McManaman (vs Aston Villa) type debut and subsequent City career

What a debut it was though!!

It was, still makes me laugh watching his reaction to the pen claim
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby mr_nool » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:42 pm

I thought he was alright the first 20 when we actually played football. His cross to Ade's close header was great.
But as the team in general went shit, so did he. In the second half he was poor, though.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:01 am

Mike J wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote: Mario also went in early with what looked like a thigh problem.

Fuck me, is that guy made of glass?

maybe he hurt himself getting up off the floor on saturday.

Proof inded that RAG Mark Ogden, Telegraph, reads Doug's training threads:

"Mario Balotelli suffered a thigh strain in training on Tuesday and is a doubt for the clash against Lech Poznan"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ridge.html?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:15 am

Balotelli will have to run about quite a lot more if he's to make it at City. He'll never be expected to be Tevez but he has to work a lot harder than that. Against Wolves, he gave an impression of Rodney Marsh on a bad day. It puts Mancini in an impossible position if he's complaining to the players that they did't work hard enough then allows Balotelli to do whatever he wants. Mancini will have no choice but to demand the same workrate from Balotelli & if he won't do it he simply can't play in the team.

He's not match fit yet though so he needs time to get up to speed. A fit, hard working version of Balotelli would be unstoppable imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:08 pm

I dont think it wise to read too much into his first few games.. especially after the injury.
In the longer term we will have to see, but remember that Mancini was the guy who gave him his break as a kid, so the basic relationship there is set up well for Balotelli to understand that Mancini wants him to progress and learn and im sure that is what will be pressed on him.
I know there is a lot of hype, but at this stage there is no cause for concern or worry.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Curlie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:48 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mike J wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote: Mario also went in early with what looked like a thigh problem.

Fuck me, is that guy made of glass?

maybe he hurt himself getting up off the floor on saturday.

Proof inded that RAG Mark Ogden, Telegraph, reads Doug's training threads:

"Mario Balotelli suffered a thigh strain in training on Tuesday and is a doubt for the clash against Lech Poznan"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ridge.html?

Go on Doug, throw in a curve ball some time and lets all sit back and see which lazy journos pick it up and then we can slate them til they squeak.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum