Why is it that ........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Why is it that ........

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Why is it that,the rags can buy players for 30m and when we do it it is seen as a joke ?
Why is it that teams can pay players big wages and when we do it, its undermining football ?
Why is it that Blackburn Rovers can buy success and we cannot as it is seen as an uneven playingfield ?
Why is it that teams like Sunderland now pay massive ammounts for players and this is seen as good for the game ?
Why is it that Peter Risdale took Leeds to the brink of extinction and our fortune is seen as a terrible thing for other clubs?
Not sure really what this is all about but it beats fucking around in the bottom divisions sponsored by Pontins or Why is it that we all fucking stuck by our club when we had fuck all and others have walked away from their clubs..Chelsea, Rags when things were so bad..Why...because we are CITY so everybody else can do one ok !!!....I needed that.
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Why is it that ........

Postby Burt » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:21 pm

Amen brother.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:25 pm

One word....Jealousy
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Because the Sky's Top [strike]4, 3,[/strike] 2 say so.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Why is it that idiots at the BBC can write this about the Blackpool penalty

2013: BLACKPOOL 1-0 WEST BROM
Real drama. Charlie Adam slots the spot-kick low past Carson to put the hosts ahead, but was that a red card? A penalty. Yes. Just. Adam pinged a great pass in for the onrushing DJ Campbell to spin cleverly through Ibanez,who dragged him over as he turned to catch him. But it's so early in the match, and wasn't really a case of 'last man'. Gonna be a tough night for the Baggies now you'd think...

time was 20.13, didn't the game kick off at 20.00 ?

8 minutes later than poor dedryk's offense ?

Apparently the second red card as a scissor tackle / dive ! Obviously not as clever as Nigels. So there shouldn't be too much outrage in the press or on talkcrap for the next week.

I'm not watching the game lads, so i'm relying on your 'Biased City viewpoint reporting", Your 'Massive' input on this...

Edit :

Oh and add another D*ckhead to the list , the bbc website co-ordinator

By Chris Whyatt

2055: Sympathy? Scanning through all your 606 comments and the texts and there's not much for the referee - but even less so for Jara, whose red card was completely needless just when his team needed to keep their heads. But there's much admiration out there for the way West Brom have adjusted to being down to nine. Can they pull off an amazing comeback? Something like that would have to come from the kind of team spirit no billionaire owner can buy...

"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Be interesting to see whether QPR get the same snidey shite day-in day-out next year where they join us in the top flight. London club - probably not.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Im slowly starting to perfect tuning out all the shit

Think i'm just going to turn up to the ground every week and see who's playing without the drama
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:14 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Im slowly starting to perfect tuning out all the shit

Think i'm just going to turn up to the ground every week and see who's playing without the drama

Ta ra then ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Fish111 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Why is it that ALL other managers in the Prem are reffered to by their first names but Bobby Manc is always called Mancini? It's a small point but it gets right on my tits.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby JonnyAsh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:47 pm

And why is it when Liverpool get themselves into the mire through their own mis-management, does everyone feel sorry for them, by saying "they are too big a club to be in this position".
If and when it was us, we were mocked all over the place
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Return to The Maine Football forum