Training Monday 1/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Monday 1/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:12 pm

3pm today so I expected a shortish session as the floodlights were not up. First thing I saw was a good start though as it was Michael Johnson doing 1 to 1 stuff with a physio. It was a big toe injury that set him back recently but his knee is fine so maybe it won't be too long before he gets into contention for a reserve outing.

The rest came out minus Carlos of course and also Nigel who had been in today for some massage treatment.They broke into 2 groups for some jogging and a little work before Mancini took them all behind the fencing for a chat. I think I said he had been doing this a little more noticeably in recent weeks. Well this one was a mega chat. The keepers who often miss this part as they are away training separately were brought in. The videoing was stopped, the official photographer amd most of the coaches were left hanging around as were the few of us there to watch. I believe Mancini has been on SkySports news earlier ( they were around at 11am today)but I will have to watch later to see what he said.

Afterwards they came out and quickly got into a game before it went dark and they finished in the dark! Not too sure what happened in the gloom. Silva scored one and there were 2 pens from RSC and Ade but mostly it was all about quick passing and in the confined area they played it was defences on top.Most of the players went off quickly at the end but 4 stayed to do some running work( PV,AJ,PZ andAK I think) and Boateng stayed around to provide crosses for Vinnie to finish off.Mancini left talking with Mario.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 1/11

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks Doug, sounds a bit subdued... did you clock anything of the session mega chat behind the fences? Do you think that is a more private place for Mancini and just the players to have a chat.. as opposed to somewhere inside?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby mr_nool » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:23 pm

cheers doug. very informative as always.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ruralblue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:24 pm

The Sun will read it has 'They broke into two groups, one set had knives and the others knuckle dusters and crow bars' A joyful riot was had by all and Mancini sttod watching helpless!'
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:27 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Thanks Doug, sounds a bit subdued... did you clock anything of the session mega chat behind the fences? Do you think that is a more private place for Mancini and just the players to have a chat.. as opposed to somewhere inside?

I did wonder why it was done outside rather than inside but I guess there would be more chance of prying ears in the complex. They were far enough away for nobody to hear a word or even get a feel for who said what or even who did all the talking.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Crossie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Hope it was a "keep your fucking mouths shut, dont disrespect this club, which pays you millions of pounds a year, you're indians and I'm the chief, only one chief is needed" - kind of talk
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:Thanks Doug, sounds a bit subdued... did you clock anything of the session mega chat behind the fences? Do you think that is a more private place for Mancini and just the players to have a chat.. as opposed to somewhere inside?

I did wonder why it was done outside rather than inside but I guess there would be more chance of prying ears in the complex. They were far enough away for nobody to hear a word or even get a feel for who said what or even who did all the talking.

Right-o.. interesting. So was it just a chat then or did they chat and go through some positioning routines.. as i imagine they normally do behind the fence?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanx Doug.

Bad news if that's the reason for talking outside & he can't talk inside without it being listened to. Need a soundproof room. Easily done with our resources though. I can design it they want, for huge sums of money.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Hasn't Lytham Blue been hanging around Carrington lately? It all begins to make sense now.

Cheers Doug, at least Mancini isn't standing around waiting for this shit to escalate. I take it with the couple of falling outs, Saturdays result and the recent news stories that they are all a little subdued?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Hasn't Lytham Blue been hanging around Carrington lately? It all begins to make sense now.

Cheers Doug, at least Mancini isn't standing around waiting for this shit to escalate. I take it with the couple of falling outs, Saturdays result and the recent news stories that they are all a little subdued?

I think it's more to do with the 20 new Italian coaches with the suits & knuckle dusters.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Hasn't Lytham Blue been hanging around Carrington lately? It all begins to make sense now.

I think it's more to do with the 20 new Italian coaches with the suits & knuckle dusters.

Can we deploy them to the media outlets and put a little pressure on the toe-rags leaking info? Plyers on finger-nails to start, moving onto voltage to the genitalia.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Can we deploy them to the media outlets and put a little pressure on the toe-rags leaking info? Plyers on finger-nails to start, moving onto voltage to the genitalia.

Send them all a fish each wrapped in newspaper but without batter & no chips, well at least no salt & vinegar. That will shit them up.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:34 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

Right-o.. interesting. So was it just a chat then or did they chat and go through some positioning routines.. as i imagine they normally do behind the fence?

I am not sure exactly how long it went on for but from what I could see Mancini was center stage and the players didn't move at all.Nothing else happened while they were behind the fencing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:04 pm

brite blu sky wrote:

I am not sure exactly how long it went on for but from what I could see Mancini was center stage and the players didn't move at all.Nothing else happened while they were behind the fencing.

hmmm.. thanks Doug, sounds like he has a good old chat with them then, not surprising after the performance against Wolves if you ask me, perhaps pulling no punches and also making sure everyone understands what the focus is and why they are there.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Cheers for that Doug
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby eddie howe blue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:21 pm

this is my 1st post on here.and i just wanna say thank you to doug for your updates on the training sessions nearly every day,its something i really really look forward to getting home for..and to know the proper facts of what is going on with the players..especially me living down here now in bournemouth..as for the reaction of the game,well it was typical city wasnt it thats what they have always been like in the 40yrs i have supported them,but lets remember this squad is 3-4 months old,there is stll some tweeking to do yet,and i would be pleased for this season with 3rd,ready for the asault on the title next season,with the added class we will sign with us getting in the champs league .thats what im hoping anyway...anyway thank you doug..
eddie howe blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:25 pm

eddie howe blue wrote:this is my 1st post on here.and i just wanna say thank you to doug for your updates on the training sessions nearly every day,its something i really really look forward to getting home for..and to know the proper facts of what is going on with the players..especially me living down here now in bournemouth..as for the reaction of the game,well it was typical city wasnt it thats what they have always been like in the 40yrs i have supported them,but lets remember this squad is 3-4 months old,there is stll some tweeking to do yet,and i would be pleased for this season with 3rd,ready for the asault on the title next season,with the added class we will sign with us getting in the champs league .thats what im hoping anyway...anyway thank you doug..

Welcome mate and I hope you enjoy your stay. That's the sort of post I'd have done after a couple of days - reasoned.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eddie howe blue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:38 pm

thanks for the welcome ,im glad gaz baz has come out and apologised tonight for that trip,but to me these new players should know better,they should be going full tilt for this season,but hey are they THAT bothered,well it does not look like it to me,and that is worrying,im hoping that chat today at the ground doug was talking about has hit home to some,for me i dont want players just here on the gravy train,it shown on saturday what we missed,workrate,and what better 2 are they at that TEVEZ and big NIGEL ..we are deffo short of top draw defenders to me,and a forward of the top draw as well ,and me milner needs to go into the middle in my opinion...but the press are doing my head in AFTER JUST THIS 1 BAD GAME,it pees me off,yes it was bad,but the reaction is incredible..the press even knew at the start this season was gonna be a challenge for city with all the new players we have,but they love it dont they,after just this 1 game..well its a joke to me...anyway i would like to ask on here players still to leave or want to go,mine are...1 given 2 jo 3 santa cruz 4 poss swp 5 poss bayor ..in defender,midfied and forward if those forwards leave..
eddie howe blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 pm

eddie howe blue wrote:thanks for the welcome ,im glad gaz baz has come out and apologised tonight for that trip,but to me these new players should know better,they should be going full tilt for this season,but hey are they THAT bothered,well it does not look like it to me,and that is worrying,im hoping that chat today at the ground doug was talking about has hit home to some,for me i dont want players just here on the gravy train,it shown on saturday what we missed,workrate,and what better 2 are they at that TEVEZ and big NIGEL ..we are deffo short of top draw defenders to me,and a forward of the top draw as well ,and me milner needs to go into the middle in my opinion...but the press are doing my head in AFTER JUST THIS 1 BAD GAME,it pees me off,yes it was bad,but the reaction is incredible..the press even knew at the start this season was gonna be a challenge for city with all the new players we have,but they love it dont they,after just this 1 game..well its a joke to me...anyway i would like to ask on here players still to leave or want to go,mine are...1 given 2 jo 3 santa cruz 4 poss swp 5 poss bayor ..in defender,midfied and forward if those forwards leave..

Ha ha ha, you've gone on a right tangent there. Don't forget there are various Topics to post on and yours, my friend, has about 6 in it. Have a look around ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eddie howe blue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 pm

looool,yeah sorry about that,once i get started..
eddie howe blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum