West Brom

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: West Brom

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Burt wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Burt wrote:They move above us into fourth if they win!

They move above us and into 4th if they win their game in hand mate !

Eh. That's basically what I said innit mate?

I cant remember mate.

PMSL, anyone know what happened yeserday ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Heh heh At this rate, we could be up against West Brom reserves on Sunday !!!!!

Oh Wait, didn't we crash out of the league cup against their reserves ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Is anyone feeling a little better about Sunday's game? Down to 10 and then 9 so early as got to take it's toll and that's the difference between squads and teams.

I cant believe I've just said that, how things have changed.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Is anyone feeling a little better about Sunday's game? Down to 10 and then 9 so early as got to take it's toll and that's the difference between squads and teams.

Er....

According to Rags we're the "Bitters" not the "Betters".....

Why can't West Brom get it right ? It doesn't matter what we do, if we win on Sunday, it will be because the Baggies were unfortunately weakened by a young and experienced Referee against Blackpool.

Oh and what every you do, never admit to fondling a "better".
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Ha ha ha, congratulations to West Brom and Roberto for making a game of it. Unlucky Brom, you were robbed - according to Andy and Keys!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:58 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Is anyone feeling a little better about Sunday's game? Down to 10 and then 9 so early as got to take it's toll and that's the difference between squads and teams.

Er....

According to Rags we're the "Bitters" not the "Betters".....

Why can't West Brom get it right ? It doesn't matter what we do, if we win on Sunday, it will be because the Baggies were unfortunately weakened by a young and experienced Referee against Blackpool.

Oh and what every you do, never admit to fondling a "better".

But would we care; I think not ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:10 am

i think Blackpool have just done us a favour there.. Brom looked pretty poor and lost for most of that game, and that was before the sendings off.

off topic: Boyata should play on Thurs at Poznan.. would be a good gesture by Mancini, what dyou rekon?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:23 am

brite blu sky wrote:i think Blackpool have just done us a favour there.. Brom looked pretty poor and lost for most of that game, and that was before the sendings off.

off topic: Boyata should play on Thurs at Poznan.. would be a good gesture by Mancini, what dyou rekon?

Agree with everything
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:38 am

I thought that the West Brom players (after the two crappy pieces of play left them down to 9 men) were an absolute credit to their club & on another day, could have actually pulled that game back level. So far Di Matteo is coming across as if he could be a bit special. He's learned his job from being in at the deep end rather than cherry picking jobs, succeeded there, & currently has a team without any stars, on the edge of top 4, & they've got there by playing football. Good luck to him apart from on Sunday.

I like the current trend of sides trying to play their way out of trouble rather than play like Stoke & Blackburn. Wolves passed it around ok v us too. Good for the league & the development of players.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:47 am

Obviously it is early days yet and Doug will as usual give us the real info on who is fit etc, but some reports today suggesting that both Tevez and deJong may still be unavailable for the West Brom game. Now i can imagine a bit of a panic on here if that turned out to be true.. but as i have been saying that it is foolish of City to continue to develop a reliance on any one player. i am aware that it is very tricky with world class players like Tevez and deJong, but even so in the long term it is a vunerability in strategy to be reliant on any one factor. Football is teamwork and teamwork is perhaps the aspect that our squad lack if anything. So my point is that even if these two are unavailable it is in fact a chance to develop the team further and in a strange way i would kind of welcome it even if it put us in danger of struggling to get a result.

Tevez and deJong are talisman figures at City and at Wolves no-one else stepped up and played a commanding game.. we need some of the players to do that and lead the way to show that the team are just as good without Tevez and deJong and pull the rest of the team to a level they need to play at. We have the talent and i for one, for the longer term health of the squad, want us to show that without the two of them.

Am i on my own in that thinking?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:02 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Obviously it is early days yet and Doug will as usual give us the real info on who is fit etc, but some reports today suggesting that both Tevez and deJong may still be unavailable for the West Brom game. Now i can imagine a bit of a panic on here if that turned out to be true.. but as i have been saying that it is foolish of City to continue to develop a reliance on any one player. i am aware that it is very tricky with world class players like Tevez and deJong, but even so in the long term it is a vunerability in strategy to be reliant on any one factor. Football is teamwork and teamwork is perhaps the aspect that our squad lack if anything. So my point is that even if these two are unavailable it is in fact a chance to develop the team further and in a strange way i would kind of welcome it even if it put us in danger of struggling to get a result.

Tevez and deJong are talisman figures at City and at Wolves no-one else stepped up and played a commanding game.. we need some of the players to do that and lead the way to show that the team are just as good without Tevez and deJong and pull the rest of the team to a level they need to play at. We have the talent and i for one, for the longer term health of the squad, want us to show that without the two of them.

i'm not really that thoughtful about it. I just want the points. I'd also like to see us play something that looks beautiful...in that order of priority. Please.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:Obviously it is early days yet and Doug will as usual give us the real info on who is fit etc, but some reports today suggesting that both Tevez and deJong may still be unavailable for the West Brom game. Now i can imagine a bit of a panic on here if that turned out to be true.. but as i have been saying that it is foolish of City to continue to develop a reliance on any one player. i am aware that it is very tricky with world class players like Tevez and deJong, but even so in the long term it is a vunerability in strategy to be reliant on any one factor. Football is teamwork and teamwork is perhaps the aspect that our squad lack if anything. So my point is that even if these two are unavailable it is in fact a chance to develop the team further and in a strange way i would kind of welcome it even if it put us in danger of struggling to get a result.

i'm not really that thoughtful about it. I just want the points. I'd also like to see us play something that looks beautiful...in that order of priority. Please.

cheers

Well ok, but now i have done the thinking for you, what do you rekon to what i have put forward?

You dont think that Mancini just tells the players.. 'Right who wants the points this week? and who wants to entertain?.. i want to get the points out of this one so i will choose mostly the points mongers of you, and maybe bring AJ on for the last 20'
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Hmmm... can see the two camps forming now, "points-mongers" v "entertainment lickers".

Should be fun.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:36 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:Hmmm... can see the two camps forming now, "points-mongers" v "entertainment lickers".

Should be fun.

What do points make?

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum