Darren Bent

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Darren Bent

Postby paulh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:05 pm

thinking lets forget about dzeko and torres and go for bent. the guy is just what we needed. Ok he may not be a flash singing but he would score late 20s/30 goals a season. The guy is English so theres no cultural diffenreces/home sickness and would fill the void leaving us with the job of sourcing one more centre half to be the complete team.

thoughts?
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Re: Darren Bent

Postby paulh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:06 pm

apologies for shit grammer above head full of flu
paulh

Postby Beeks » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:09 pm

I'd like him...but you'll probably be slated for suggesting it on here...not 'high profile' enough
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:11 pm

paulh wrote:apologies for shit grammer above head full of flu

Hmm, that's no excuse boy!

I just don't trust Bent personally. I think he's the absolute opposite to a big game player; he's more likely to miss a pen or an open net in a big, crucial, game than your average centre half but he'll get a hat trick of superb 'sniffer's' goals the week after when it no longer matters. He also contributes nothing other than when he scores.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby paulh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:19 pm

he would do a job even if he does just score goals... tevez or Bal can do all the other work just cross the ball to him/feed it to him and he will slot it away. the guy seems to have the right attitude aswell lets get him.
paulh

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:19 pm

I love Darren Bent, he is always in my dream teams as put simply, he scores goals.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:23 pm

There must be players out there somewhere who score goals but are better than Darren Bent. We've got half a million scouts on the payroll so let them find us someone younger & better.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfctm » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Overrated
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:45 pm

If you just want a striker to score goals, then Bent's your man.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Crossie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:51 pm

We dont need 11 galatico's.

We need a balance of experienced mega stars, young local/english lads and normal grafters.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Crossie wrote:We dont need 11 galatico's.

We need a balance of experienced mega stars, young local/english lads and normal grafters.

Would that be a 'yes'?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:01 pm

I've been waiting for this thread for a while. I still can't decide whether I think he's up to the job or not. Only a year into his contract at Sunderland, scoring for fun and them not being completely skint means we'd probably be quoted around 25-30m. I can't see either Mancini or Garry "How many shirts will he sell in China?" Cook wanting to do a deal at that price, so I doubt it will ever happen.

More underrated than overrated in my opinion, though. I'd rather him than Defoe, for example, who's ahead of him in the pecking order for the national side.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:05 pm

I like him, i'd have him at City but not at the price we would be quoted.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:48 pm

If we're talking about taking wild punts at various no-marks, I like the look of that character West Brom have signed on his early performances. Could be a flash in the pan but when fit he's looked the dog's dodahs so far.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If we're talking about taking wild punts at various no-marks, I like the look of that character West Brom have signed on his early performances. Could be a flash in the pan but when fit he's looked the dog's dodahs so far.

Odemwingie (sic?)? liked the banner the wba fans made to answer the russian morons. looks a good little player too.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Could do a lot worse than Darren Bent (Roque, Jo for example) ...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:05 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If we're talking about taking wild punts at various no-marks, I like the look of that character West Brom have signed on his early performances. Could be a flash in the pan but when fit he's looked the dog's dodahs so far.

Odemwingie (sic?)? liked the banner the wba fans made to answer the russian morons. looks a good little player too.

Yeah that's him. He's looked absolutely shit hot when I've seen him so far but it could of course just be a Tony Adcock style burst of energy before a similar slump into obscurity. Looks quick & talented so far though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm

What I think we need is a big, strong, hard bastard up front to do the dirty work that none of our current strikers seem to want to do. A Shaun Goater type, if you will. All our forwards are soft as shit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

Yeah that's him. He's looked absolutely shit hot when I've seen him so far but it could of course just be a Tony Adcock style burst of energy before a similar slump into obscurity. Looks quick & talented so far though.

Darren Bent has scored 79 Premier League goals in 176 appearances. I don't think he'd be a wild punt. You sign him, he gets you goals. The only question is whether or not he's a good enough all-round footballer for teams with title aspirations.

I'd have him if he'd be happy to be rotated.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:What I think we need is a big, strong, hard bastard up front to do the dirty work that none of our current strikers seem to want to do. A Shaun Goater type, if you will. All our forwards are soft as shit.

I wonder if Drogba's free?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum