This Time Last Year

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

This Time Last Year

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:48 pm

I took a trip down mancityfans.net memory lane this lunch hour and read some threads from exactly this time last year. It's uncanny how similiar the discussions were back then as they are today. History repeating itself?

Lack of Creativity
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27735

Micah Richards
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27743

Today's Result
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27740

get f@@king real
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27877

4 Points in a possible 12
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=27863

Would You Be Happy With 4th?
viewtopic.php?f=123&t=27682
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: This Time Last Year

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Nothing changes realy does it, it's a funny old game.

Is it you who's got that graph showing the correlation between last years results and this? If so, can you post it up to save me diiging through.

Cheers mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby saulman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Groundhog day, eh? Good work MRM.

This board is a difficult to visit after a defeat. After 2 it's almost unbearable.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Nothing changes realy does it, it's a funny old game.

Is it you who's got that graph showing the correlation between last years results and this? If so, can you post it up to save me diiging through.

Cheers mate.

Yep, I'm the sad statto around here;

Interestingly we are two points off last season's points tally in the both ways you can view points; simple game versus points comparisons and the more interesting and revealing points gained against the same team comparison, which my graph is.

MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Cheers mate, that's the jobbie, a weekly update would be appreciated.

The reason I ask is that I wasn't expecting too much this early on in the season and that we'd start picking up after about a third of the season (approx 13 games). Seems that we are realistically a win against Brom or United to be back on track with a further view to us having a bit more time behing the team.

We are going to have to push on following the Derby and I'd suggest the 5 games after that are where we should be making hay.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 pm

interesting graph.

A monthly update would be superb. Cant beat statistics sometimes. Mancini out ;)
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers mate, that's the jobbie, a weekly update would be appreciated.

The reason I ask is that I wasn't expecting too much this early on in the season and that we'd start picking up after about a third of the season (approx 13 games). Seems that we are realistically a win against Brom or United to be back on track with a further view to us having a bit more time behing the team.

We are going to have to push on following the Derby and I'd suggest the 5 games after that are where we should be making hay.

Well somewhere on there will be me saying how pleased I was with the start as I thought we'd struggle in the 1st half of the season & start to pick up & get stronger & stronger after Christmas as the new players settled in. That was at the time I actually believed the manager would be allowed to get on with his job & judged by wher we finished rather than where we were at half way though! Just hope to Christ they have more patience re Mancini.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers mate, that's the jobbie, a weekly update would be appreciated.

Well somewhere on there will be me saying how pleased I was with the start as I thought we'd struggle in the 1st half of the season & start to pick up & get stronger & stronger after Christmas as the new players settled in. That was at the time I actually believed the manager would be allowed to get on with his job & judged by wher we finished rather than where we were at half way though! Just hope to Christ they have more patience re Mancini.

I think this is the point where we will start seeing a lot of the word 'Progress'. The scores and position have got him through thus far, but if we continue to play the way we do and fail to meet targets it's going to be very difficult for him to keep face.

I also think that we need to be looking at an automatic CL spot rather than the tricky 4th place, guaranteeing that we are in the lucrative group stage.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum