Monday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:16 am

MANCHESTER CITY players want Roberto Mancini booted out... NOW.
Many of City's multi-millionaire under- achievers believe they will never challenge for the Premier League title with the Italian in charge.
And SunSport has been told some are guessing among themselves when Mancini - whose side are fourth in the Premier League, eight points adrift of leaders Chelsea - could be sacked.
City suffered a shock 2-1 defeat at Wolves on Saturday during which Emmanuel Adebayor had an on-pitch row with Vincent Kompany.
A City source said: "There is hardly a player in the dressing room who has any time for Mancini. The place is a complete mess.
"There are times when he tries to be a hard man but no one takes any notice.
"Team spirit is falling apart because there is no respect for the manager and some players are even guessing when he could go.
"They don't know who they want in, they just want Mancini out."
Another source confirmed: "The players don't like his confrontational style.
"They're also baffled by him tactcially - for example, they couldn't understand why he brought on defender Pablo Zabaletta for Emmanuel Adebayor instead of striker Jo at Wolves on Saturday."
Yaya Toure and James Milner had a bust-up in the tunnel during last Sunday's 3-0 defeat by Arsenal.
Toure's agent Dimitri Seluk says his client is angry at what he believes is a lack of winning mentality at City.
Seluk said: "Yaya thinks there are some players, perhaps mostly those who have been there for a long time, who think that fourth place is already a big position that it is good enough to 'not lose' rather than to always win."

Out-of-favour Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz, who is wanted by Fulham, is on the verge of sealing a January loan move to Spanish side Getafe. Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... riker.html

Manchester City, meanwhile, hope to bring highly rated Colombian goalkeeper Cristian Bonilla, 17, from Boyaca Chico in the teenager's home country to Eastlands. Daily Mirror http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 17761.html

Leicester manager Sven-Goran Eriksson will make a transfer window move for 18-year-old Manchester City striker John Guidetti, dubbed the "Swedish Wayne Rooney". Daily Mirror http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 17905.html

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Wigan will battle it out with Newcastle for the signature of Swansea midfielder Darren Pratley, whom Latics boss Roberto Martinez appointed captain during his time as manager of the Welsh club. Daily Mirror

Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra is eying a January move, with his club willing to sell him to England's Premier League. Manchester United and Tottenham are expected to launch a bid. IMscouting

Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik has fuelled speculation that a deal to take him to Manchester United may be possible by saying that it would be difficult to turn down a move to Old Trafford. IMscouting

OTHER BOLLOX
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson will meet with the club's new principal owner John W Henry to discuss the Reds' plans for the January transfer window. the Guardian

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is in line for an Football Association charge after he appeared to question referee Mark Clattenburg's integrity following Manchester United's disputed second goal at Old Trafford. Daily Mail

Redknapp has also called the decision to allow Nani's goal to stand on Saturday as "one of the worst decisions ever", in his weekly newspaper column. the Sun

Clattenburg needed security guards at Old Trafford to protect him from enraged Tottenham players after the game, which United won 2-0. the Sun

Dundee's sacked stars have been handed a boost after being told they will not need to wait until the January transfer window to sign for a new club. Nine Dundee players were recently axed at the financially troubled club, who are struggling with debts of £2m. (Daily Record)

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway claims he will "not be that upset" if the Seasiders are relegated from the Premier League this season. "We won't be the first team to go boing, boing as West Brom fans can tell you," said the outspoken manager, who took Blackpool back to the top flight last term for the first time since 1971. Daily Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's B*ll*x

Postby john68 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Is taggart ghostwriting all the gutter press stories about City this week and next?

Oh....and thanks Chinners for your efferts...again...appreciated mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby ashton287 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Giving a negative opinion on a ref, who does harry think he is?

Doesn't he know your name has to start with F and end in erguson to get away with that.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Ha ha ha, just seen this on 4-4-2, let's see how long he can keep out of the limelight.

LONDON - Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has threatened to boycott post-match television interviews if he is punished for criticising the referee involved in Nani's controversial goal in the 2-0 defeat at Manchester United on Saturday.

"If I can't come out and answer the questions in a truthful manner... don't expect me to come out and talk to TV after the match, ever," Redknapp told a news conference on Monday ahead of his side's Champions League game against Inter Milan.

After referee Mark Clattenburg had ruled play on instead of awarding an expected free-kick on Saturday, Nani nicked the ball from bemused Spurs goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes to score the second goal.

A fuming Redknapp said after the Old Trafford match: "Clattenburg is responsible for one of the worst refereeing decisions ever. He's had a nightmare.

"The officials will come up with a story that makes it look right. That's the way it happens. He made a cock-up, but he'll come up with some excuse."

Although the Football Association will decide on Tuesday whether to charge Redknapp with misconduct for his comments he was in no mood to back down on Monday.

"It was a farcial situation and if they try want to make an issue of it then I'll make some issues," Redknapp said.

"Doing those interviews, three or four minutes after a game, it's not something we enjoy and when we get beat it's the last thing you want to do but its part of the job and the public has a right to know.

"But there's no point in me saying 'Mark handled it jolly well'.If we can't tell it as it is, we'll have to tell it as it wasn't and say we didn't see it."
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bluej » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Harry Redknapp and the truth, I thought they didn't go together?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Harry's cunning way of screwing more money out of the game.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum