Players want Mancini sacked

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Players want Mancini sacked

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:29 pm

It seems to me that if there is anything in this story (oh, and by the way I thought Robbie Savage was great on 5live this evening) that it's coming from Yaya Toure's camp. I can't remember the direct quote from Yaya's agent, but it was along the (Rooneyesque?) lines of the team lack a winning mentality, and thinking that fourth is good enough.

If that's true, then I could sort of go along with the criticism. For example, is AJ working his socks off to be the very best he can be? Not if there's anything in the comments about his "life style".

I could also have some sympathy with Yaya if he was carrying the team and any of our positive results were due to his sterling efforts. Does anyone on here think that is the case?

Thought not.

In fact, if there is bad feeling in the ranks it's probably directed at Yaya. I've no idea what Milner said to him, but, I wouldn't be surprised if it was along the lines of "I'm working my bollox off for the team and your swanning around like the big "I am". Put a shift you lazy twat and start to earn your wages" Again, I wouldn't be shocked if Vincent said something similar to Ade.

Unfortunately, in our desperation to sign players, I would imagine that there are few punitive clauses in their contracts to be used in the event of the player not toeing the line. However, should we do have any "happy wanderers" who feel that they can show disrespect to the manager, and by extension the club, then I think that the high ups, including the Sheikh, should make it abundantly clear and say, "that we are the richest club in the world and it's no skin off our nose to keep paying your wages, but you'll never play another game for this or any other club until your contract ends. See what that does for your image rights. Ask your agent how he feels about the blocking off of that and other income streams."

In a similar vein, the agents should be reminded that they've done very well out of this club, and, unless they get their clients to behave, the gravy train stops. Money gives you clout - use it.

Of course, there might be little substance behind the paper talk, and I think that such that there is, is exaggerated.

I know that many on here have their doubts about Bobby and I don't want to debate his virtues or failings here. The major point must be that the players cannot be allowed to deliberately get Bobby the sack. The club must stand up and back him making it plain to all and sundry that he has 100% support. Failure to do so undermine not just this manager but any future one. And, fantastic wages or not, who is the potential manager, with any shred of self-respect who would want to see their reputation trashed in such a way?
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:32 pm

My money's on a disgruntled member of backroom staff (no credible evidence to base this on whatsoever, I just 'feel it in my water') - ever since the all the stuff about the dressing room bustup between Mancini and Tevez I've been sure of it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Dameerto wrote:My money's on a disgruntled member of backroom staff (no credible evidence to base this on whatsoever, I just 'feel it in my water') - ever since the all the stuff about the dressing room bustup between Mancini and Tevez I've been sure of it.

You're probably right. But as long as I've followed City (early 70s) it's been as leaky as hell. Some clubs seem to be able to control the situation, we've always had difficulty keeping a lid on things.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:25 am

The Ade v Vincent situation was more along the lines of..

Ade: "Stop moaning at the fucking ref all the time & do your job & stop defending so fucking deep & isolating the forwards"

Vinny : " You try organising a different back 4 every game, you poor man's Benjani "

Ade: "That's not even funny, fuck off Young Frankenstien".

Yaya: " You both lack a winning mentality"

Balotelli: "I've noticed that the blades of grass on this half of the centre circle mainly point mainly to the left yet just a yard away, they point mainly to the right, it is truly fascinating.."

That's what I was told by a 'City insider' anyway.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluelogic32 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:14 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The Ade v Vincent situation was more along the lines of..

Ade: "Stop moaning at the fucking ref all the time & do your job & stop defending so fucking deep & isolating the forwards"

Vinny : " You try organising a different back 4 every game, you poor man's Benjani "

Balotelli: "I've noticed that the blades of grass on this half of the centre circle mainly point mainly to the left yet just a yard away, they point mainly to the right, it is truly fascinating.."

I heard that to, i also heard that tevez was actually training in an underground facility under eastlands to prepare for the derby,and that he wasnt actually back in argentina. They also said that apparently tevez's wife was okay with him staying in england to play footy as long as he cut his hair.
My logic always stays blue, i live in my dreams cause i know it always come's true

Spread The Logic
bluelogic32
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo & David

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:43 am

bluelogic32 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:The Ade v Vincent situation was more along the lines of..

I heard that to, i also heard that tevez was actually training in an underground facility under eastlands to prepare for the derby,and that he wasnt actually back in argentina. They also said that apparently tevez's wife was okay with him staying in england to play footy as long as he cut his hair.

I was told it was Mancini who made him cut his hair & he refuses to come back from Argentina until it's grown back.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby jono1978 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:30 am

Rome wasnt built in a day be patient my fellow blues glory is in the post.
I SAY WHAT I MEEN AND I MEEN WHAT I SAY CITY TILL I DIE
jono1978
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: the mightey blues
My favourite player is: big dave silva.

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum