Henry Winter Sticking Up For Us

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Henry Winter Sticking Up For Us

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:59 am

Here's Henry in today's Suppository
[youtube]RfRSD68bgK0[/youtube]

Embattled Henry II
[youtube]JiKTHAXbO2k[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Henry Winter Sticking Up For Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:15 am

That geordie bloke usually gives us more stick than his rag supporting namesake. Strange how some elements in the media seem to really dislike us & with many, like Paul Meson for instance, it comes from well before Thaksin took over. Bizarre.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:24 am

I don't disagree with a single thing any of the journos said about us there. Custis was simply pointing out the blindingly obvious about the disharmony in the club. We can call them cunts and pretend that it isnt true, but the fact is, it is true. Mancini seems to have been just as devisive as Hughes was.

Winter is the current "goto person" when City want to feed a story to the press, so I would expect he would comment positively for us as he has in recent weeks to keep his relationship with Cook/Marwood or whoever it is he has an in with.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:32 am

johnpb78 wrote:I don't disagree with a single thing any of the journos said about us there. Custis was simply pointing out the blindingly obvious about the disharmony in the club. We can call them cunts and pretend that it isnt true, but the fact is, it is true. Mancini seems to have been just as devisive as Hughes was.

Winter is the current "goto person" when City want to feed a story to the press, so I would expect he would comment positively for us as he has in recent weeks to keep his relationship with Cook/Marwood or whoever it is he has an in with.

I don't buy the 'disharmony' stuff. There are players fighting for places & some who want to leave in Jan but nothing out of the ordinary imo. If we've got disharmony what about fucking Rooney & Fabregas?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:32 am

Good on Winter... especially Shaun Custis is talking so much bollocks it is unreal.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby guv111 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:34 am

Winter seemed to be sticking up for Mancini rather than City.

Also, Custis seemed about to burst into tears any moment because someone dared to disagree with him, and as for Brian Woolnough, anyone who works for a paper which tells us every day that Man U are going to sign such-and-such a star player has no credibility as a journalist whatsoever.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ashton287 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:46 am

I like the way they actually know what tevez thinks. Being john malkovich style.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:50 am

ashton287 wrote:I like the way they actually know what tevez thinks. Being john malkovich style.

I like the way that us, who have zero contact within Manchester City Football Club, think we know more than journalists who, like it or not, have their sources. Yes they sensationalise things, but I didn't hear anything on that clip which surprised me, or for that matter was new.

Is it not common sense to be asking why players directly disobey Mancini?
Is it not common sense to ask why Tevez is having blazing rows with Mancini at half time?
Is it not common sense to ask why players are at each other's throats on the pitch?

Hardly comes across as the model of harmony, so I suppose you can do two things, have your concerns, or stick your head in the sand and pretend it is all because of the big bad journalists and that it will go away.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:03 pm

whos the tanned guy that wants to challenge for league?what a tool!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:14 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
ashton287 wrote:I like the way they actually know what tevez thinks. Being john malkovich style.

I like the way that us, who have zero contact within Manchester City Football Club, think we know more than journalists who, like it or not, have their sources. Yes they sensationalise things, but I didn't hear anything on that clip which surprised me, or for that matter was new.

Is it not common sense to ask why Tevez is having blazing rows with Mancini at half time?
Is it not common sense to ask why players are at each other's throats on the pitch?

Hardly comes across as the model of harmony, so I suppose you can do two things, have your concerns, or stick your head in the sand and pretend it is all because of the big bad journalists and that it will go away.

You're assuming that some bloke from Newcastle knows more about the workings of City than we do? Why? There are thousands of us blues in cyberspace & some actually work for the club & even get in the dressing room. They're not saying there are big problems at City. Doug watches them train every day & never sees anything but good team spirit. Why should some twat who lives miles away & has no particular interest in City whatsoever have a better handle on things than us?

Most of the stuff they print about City every day is pure lies. Most of the players they say we're going to sign are made up. Why should this suddenly be true just because we've lost a game?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:35 pm

Most football journalists are merely a rung lower than most politicians or the social scum ladder .... imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:42 pm

Gutter press, exploiting their 15 minutes of fame.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mcfctm » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

You're assuming that some bloke from Newcastle knows more about the workings of City than we do? Why? There are thousands of us blues in cyberspace & some actually work for the club & even get in the dressing room. They're not saying there are big problems at City. Doug watches them train every day & never sees anything but good team spirit. Why should some twat who lives miles away & has no particular interest in City whatsoever have a better handle on things than us?

Most of the stuff they print about City every day is pure lies. Most of the players they say we're going to sign are made up. Why should this suddenly be true just because we've lost a game?

Spot on Ted
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 pm

It was funny how Winter staties that we are basing our future on the youth, which came from above Mancini (ie. Cook), yet they go on to state that we have give up on it and it's been ripped apart 'cos we can spend money on whoever we want.

And Custis, what a total and utter idiot that man is saying we should expect to win the title. Yes, some believe we have a chance with the squad we have got but do City fans actually expect it like he says?

Did Winter call Custis a fool by the way, 'cos he sure as hell insinuated it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:25 pm

Custis isn't qa cunt...He just appears that way. His target audience is the uneducated rabble that feed and get fat off sensational shite. If it ain't sensational, the audience is disappointed. Everything has to be an extreme situation.
If Mancini goes for a shit, he's unforgiveably left the players tp fend for themselves and walked out of the club.

IT IS NORMAL THAT PLAYERS DISAGREE AND OFTEN HAVE A SHARP WORD WITH EACH OTHER. It happens in every other club, every office, every factory, every group of lads that go put for a pint together...pro sport is an emotional occupation, sharp words are inevitable but not such a big deal.

Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke were reputed to hardly speak to each other. Didn't spoil their professional partnership. Neither was it targetted by the media in order to destabilise the rags.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:30 pm

My team won 5-0 yesterday, we're now top of the league and will stay 'winter Master' because the season now starts again in February.

However, during and after the match some lads needed to argue with each other.Sometimes quite vitriolic.

We all went in after the game , discussed the problem over a few beers, got it sorted and all went home happy
Except me !
I went to watch City in the Pub, live on TV and thought after 20 minutes we would eventually win this game about 5-0. We didn't and I'm as surprised as anybody else that we let Wolves back into the game. I put that down to the midfield being 1 person , David Silva and Micah and Kolo having an off day. Their goals were pretty shabby gifts from us , to say the least - they were hardly brilliant moves and strikes on Wolves behalf. If it's any consolation,I'd rather we had a shocker now than at the end of November.

I'll be happy when we can have Kolorov on the left Boateng on the right and Kompany and Kolo in the middle. and keep it that way.

Barry is having a terrible season start again. I think Milner will get it sorted Perhaps we need Nije, Silva, Milner and Ya Ya. Rather than Barry, who last week against Arsenal was really poor ( yes was at the game).

I'm still at a loss as to where it went wrong yesterday, although I must say I would have started Zaba on the left and Jerome on the right and given Zaba instructions to nail that little Cnut Hunt. I can't stand the little fake.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:36 pm

mcfctm wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Spot on Ted

No, I am assuming that anybody who is a senior football reporter for a daily national has a network of contacts in professional football, which has enabled him to get to the position he is in. Whilst there is no doubt mischief making a lot of the time, there is also a lot of truth in some of the stories.

To give one example, when the Rooney story broke in the Sunday papers about him wanting to leave, Manchester United initially flat out denied that this was the case. As far as I can see it, somebody somewhere knew what Rooney was upto and reported it. Seeing as United rubbished the story in the afternoon, the papers were "discredited" because people wanted to believe the club over a tabloid newspaper. Who was in fact telling the lies?

There was another story regarding Bellamy where I remember you got quite heated when I pointed out that the clubs version of events, based on something Doug had told us appeared to be flawed, if not totally untrue. Where is Bellamy now?

Most of the stuff about transfers are made up for every club, we are not special in that regard.

If you choose not to believe it, thats fine. I choose not to believe a lot of it, in particular the hyperbole used like "metldown" and other emotive, strong words, but that doesn't make me blinkered enough to automatically assume everything written about the club is shite. Thats taking a siege mentality a touch too far.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 am

What I find the most ridiculous is that twats like Custis were the once who kept reportign that Hughes lost the dressing room, the players hated him bla bla bla... now they suddenly loved him and are pissed that he was sacked??
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:12 pm

I havent read the whole thread, but I'm sure Winter and Custis had a ding-dong on one of the Radio 5 podcasts not so long ago. I think Woolnough was on the ame broadcast too from memory.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum