Adebayor off. Zabeleta on.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adebayor off. Zabeleta on.

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Makes perfect sense to me.. Adebayor is a bag of wank.

It's not really saying much but he was our best player today.

Totally agree, ades best performance for a while.
Very weird decision, thought boateng was terrible, again.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:22 pm

paulmclaren wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Makes perfect sense to me.. Adebayor is a bag of wank.

It's not really saying much but he was our best player today.

Totally agree, ades best performance for a while.
Very weird decision, thought boateng was terrible, again.

Agree, Ade was trying hard and with him on the field there was always a chance that he would have scored. Mario never looked likely to score and looked out of his depth but can't really blame him as it was his first start and at an away match. RM made the same bad decision against Arse when he brought on Mario instead of AJ and I said at the time that it was the wrong time and conditions to introduce Mario.

One explanation is that Mancini had given up on this match and rested Ade for Thursday but that's hard to swallow.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Can anyone tell me how lost they have been (over the last 30 years) to see the changes they've seen today?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Can anyone tell me how lost they have been (over the last 30 years) to see the changes they've seen today?

Every week last season when watching Rafa at Liverpool :-D
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:21 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Can anyone tell me how lost they have been (over the last 30 years) to see the changes they've seen today?

Every week last season when watching Rafa at Liverpool :-D

Say's it all. I hate this shit!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:43 am

Quite frankly it was a terrible decision that had me throw my remote at the tv.

Had Hughes made it there would have been a poll, guranteed. It's one of theose ones that has you wondering if he really does have any plan b.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Grob » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:48 am

That was bad enough but when Jo trotted on with 10 minutes to go and instantly miss control his first touch i felt like crying

Mancini was at the height of his usual high quality tactical buffoonery with both substitutions

Still 4th though
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:56 am

Grob wrote:That was bad enough but when Jo trotted on with 10 minutes to go and instantly miss control his first touch i felt like crying

Mancini was at the height of his usual high quality tactical buffoonery with both substitutions

Still 4th though

Should be 2nd. If people truly beleive (and its said on here enough) that we have the 2nd best squad in the league, then surely finishing below 2nd means the manager has failed.

The teams above us didn't need to hand in their carling cup ticket to stay there either.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:01 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Quite frankly it was a terrible decision that had me throw my remote at the tv.

Had Hughes made it there would have been a poll, guranteed. It's one of theose ones that has you wondering if he really does have any plan b.

See now I don't particularly like either because I think that good players papered over a lot of the tactical cracks for both managers.

I suppose that the main difference is that we were already chasing this game when the managerial stupidity began. When Hughes pulled his Gelson substitution vs Liverpool (still the most stupid substitution in the whole of football history), he actively lost us the game, as he subsequently did on a number of occasions.

Hughes got away with a lot of the shit for the Liverpool game as there was still optimism for the season, as there is right now. However, with Hughes, in both seasons, things started to fall to ratshit once the whole league had figured out he was tactically inept, and the fans really only got on his back once that became serious.

The way Mancini is being treated is no different, we are still in a good position, and don't look like committing Hari Kari just yet, however if the blip turns into a run, he better get himself a flak jacket, because substitutions like yesterdays just add fuel to the fire.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ant london » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 am

It was a frankly loony substitution but after having slept on it I can say that not many people representing City emerged from yesterday's match in any kind of positive light

Silva was good and I personally thought Adebayor and Milner did their jobs well. Everyone else (including RM) had a day to forget.

It was shit and I was apparently a fucking "nightmare to deal with" all evening afterwards. Half cut and on the verge of something unpleasant all evening I've been told
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby pepsi_dave » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:23 pm

People at the ground were bangin about this aswell, I couldnt work out why?! Mancini wasnt making like for like changes.

The ONLY change he got wrong was bringin jo on.

We were playing a 4-2-3-1 all game from what I saw and started with

Micah - Kolo - Vinni - JB
------Barry----Yaya-------
Milner----Silva---Balo
-----------Ade-----------

Then we changed barry for johnson, and Milner dropped back into barrys position. NOT a like for like swap but no one had a problem with this change. We maintained formation and shape.

Micah - Kolo - Vinni - JB
------Milner----Yaya-------
Johnson----Silva-----Balo
-------------Ade-----------

Then he brought zabba on for ade - again NOT a like for like swap but the whole place is in uproar. He put zabba at LB and boateng alongside yaya, balo went up top and milner played on the left. Again we maintained our shape and formation with each player being competent enough for each position they were in.... I for one couldnt understand the furore!!!

Micah --- Kolo - Vinni - Zabba
---------Yaya------Boateng-------
Johnson-----Silva-----Milner
---------------Balo-----------

IMO if we had started with that team above not many people would have had an issue with zabba and johnson being shown in those positions, Ade being out of the first 11 and Balo up top on his own. But because of the personnel he changed and when he changed it people now have an issue and want Mancinis head to roll.

We all just need to chill, believe it or not even the Barca's, Reals, and Inters etc lose football games and sometimes put in horrible performances, this was one of those performances and one of those defeats. I will eat my fucking shorts if we ever play that badly again while Bobby Manc is in charge!!!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:09 pm

That is all well and good on paper PD, but in reality the players on the pitch at the time changes that view. Yaya and Mario for instance.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:20 pm

I think Mancini made a sub before that baffled us. Maybe last season when we played without a right wing for about 5 minutes.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Slim wrote:

I think Mancini made a sub before that baffled us. Maybe last season when we played without a right wing for about 5 minutes.

He's made a few that have baffled me and the one you state was one of the most confusing. The right wing was totally empty but luckily the oppo never noticed and didn't take advantage. It was something like AJ or Shaun coming off and no-one moved into cover.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:

He's made a few that have baffled me and the one you state was one of the most confusing. The right wing was totally empty but luckily the oppo never noticed and didn't take advantage. It was something like AJ or Shaun coming off and no-one moved into cover.

I think Aj came off and it took him 5 minutes to bring Shauny on.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluej » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Can add Milner off VK on to this thread now. It was quite clear that PV was struggling to hold the middle of the pitch but taking off one of our more potent threats didn't make sense.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:59 pm

bluej wrote:Can add Milner off VK on to this thread now. It was quite clear that PV was struggling to hold the middle of the pitch but taking off one of our more potent threats didn't make sense.

Like for like wasn't the answer, we were being controlled in the middle of the park, made sense to take either AJ or Milner off, sadly it was harder to predict a poor clearance off their player (which could have gone anywhere) and a cracking shot which may or may not should have been a free kick earlier to us.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby bluej » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
bluej wrote:Can add Milner off VK on to this thread now. It was quite clear that PV was struggling to hold the middle of the pitch but taking off one of our more potent threats didn't make sense.

Like for like wasn't the answer, we were being controlled in the middle of the park, made sense to take either AJ or Milner off, sadly it was harder to predict a poor clearance off their player (which could have gone anywhere) and a cracking shot which may or may not should have been a free kick earlier to us.

We were being controlled in the middle of the park because PV was dead on his feet, taking Milner off meant we were still carrying him without the ability to go forward.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:06 pm

bluej wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:

We were being controlled in the middle of the park because PV was dead on his feet, taking Milner off meant we were still carrying him without the ability to go forward.

Going forward was the least of our problems - in fact yo could be really cruel and argue that VK never got rid for the 3rd, although it was pretty much academic in the grand scheme of things.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
bluej wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:

Going forward was the least of our problems - in fact yo could be really cruel and argue that VK never got rid for the 3rd, although it was pretty much academic in the grand scheme of things.

?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum