Mancini (The Ted Hughes and BBS thread)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini (The Ted Hughes and BBS thread)

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:54 pm

I can't say he's impressed me that much.

I don't like his nefgative style of football, but its bearable when we scrape wins like against the mighty blackpool.

How many goals is that we've leaked now in the last four or five games?

I'd like him to leave soon IF this brand of football continues.
Last edited by Original Dub on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Dub

Re: Mancini

Postby Lee_R » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Yes sack him, get Hughes back because he won today.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Lee_R wrote:Yes sack him, get Hughes back because he won today.

There have been worse ideas
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby bluej » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm not advocating sacking him but that was terrible to watch. I can understand playing like that if you're going to be tight defensively, but those two goals were soft beyond believe. It was like watching us defend under hughes, but without trying to play it forward.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Lee_R wrote:Yes sack him, get Hughes back because he won today.

No, I think that would be a bit stupid given what happened last time, but I would like to see someone better. And I think there's a few that are...

You see, we're the richest club in world football and we play pretty dire stuff most of the time...

Anyway, I did say IF his "blend" of football continues. You might be confident and entertained watching us play, but I'm not and haven't been for a while now.

This makes me quite sad, given our resources.
Original Dub

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:02 pm

After we've beat Poznan, WBA, rags and Brum the tone will be different.

Of course that's if we beat them... but why couldn't we?!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:I would like to see someone better. And I think there's a few that are...

Any names?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I would like to see someone better. And I think there's a few that are...

Any names?

I think right now, I'd take anybody rather than him.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby s1ty m » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:I can't say he's impressed me that much.

I don't like his nefgative style of football, but its bearable when we scrape wins like against the mighty blackpool.

How many goals is that we've leaked now in the last four or five games?

I'd like him to leave soon IF this brand of football continues.

I can't argue with that, at all. Generally, the tactics are baffling, he picks the wrong players, buys crap (boateng, come on, you can all see it...), plays predictable boring stuff most of the time, makes odd tactical changes in many games, has no idea of set piece theory, either in defence or attack and on todays evidence, apparently is unable to motivate players. No way does he leave though, I just cannot see it. Would I want it, dunno. A poll might be a laugh...mods? But Mancini and the very expensive players he has in his squad need to reflect hard on this. Either they transform themselves or we finish 6th or below. The transformation part is much harder though.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby gaudy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:After we've beat Poznan, WBA, rags and Brum the tone will be different.

Of course that's if we beat them... but why couldn't we?!

coz that would be consistent
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:10 pm

viking the Odd wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Any names?

I think right now, I'd take anybody rather than him.

I'm sure original dub is available.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby s1ty m » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Any names?

No idea.
s1ty m

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:11 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Any names?

Wenger was always top of my list. Offer him whatever it takes.

I also wouldn't mind Redknapp, he's not too shabby either. Bit of a cunt but hey ho, I'm not exactly in awe of Roberto either.

I could be way off the mark here, but I don't think he understands the premier league all that well and I've only seen two prem games this season where I've felt comfortable about our performance throughout.

Also, I think this time last season we had more points. Again, I could be wide of the mark there.

What about you, you happy enough with how we play most of the time?
Original Dub

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:13 pm

How many games had Hughes lost at this stage last season? Was it one, away at the rags in the 97th minutes?

I'm not a Hughes lover by any stretch. But at least that team scored goals, and looked like scoring them.
Steve

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Steve wrote:How many games had Hughes lost at this stage last season? Was it one, away at the rags in the 97th minutes?

I'm not a Hughes lover by any stretch. But at least that team scored goals, and looked like scoring them.

It was exciting stuff alright and we powered forward. Although we had a run of draws and didn't look great at the back. Trajectory of points and all that...
Original Dub

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Why oh why can anyone steal this guy his 5 minutes' joy - so long coveted???

Come on we do live in democracy....

I told You earlier, You just need to invest Tour own money... then You'll be entitled to ruin the Club as You like. Neither little Stevie was paid off for arranging riots through the web...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby s1ty m » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Any names?

Wenger was always top of my list. Offer him whatever it takes.

I also wouldn't mind Redknapp, he's not too shabby either. Bit of a cunt but hey ho, I'm not exactly in awe of Roberto either.

I could be way off the mark here, but I don't think he understands the premier league all that well and I've only seen two prem games this season where I've felt comfortable about our performance throughout.

Also, I think this time last season we had more points. Again, I could be wide of the mark there.

What about you, you happy enough with how we play most of the time?

We had more points and less defeats, iirc. We looked better too. Then we started to draw. Shit, I don't know what to say. It's going pear-shaped. This won't end well.
s1ty m

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Steve wrote:How many games had Hughes lost at this stage last season? Was it one, away at the rags in the 97th minutes?

It was exciting stuff alright and we powered forward. Although we had a run of draws and didn't look great at the back. Trajectory of points and all that...

I think we're at pretty much the same place under Mancini as we were with Hughes. If we're going to be in the same position, then I'd rather be the attacking team that scored goals, and conceded them. Much more enjoyable to watch.
Steve

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:18 pm

My "half-term" report on Mancini so far...

Spurs - Got battered - and we got lucky to get a draw

Liverpool - We had 3 shots on goal and 3 goals. Good result but I doubt we could do that again

Sunderland - Lost 1 nil and never got going in the second half at all

Blackburn - Drew good saves from Robinson but we never pushed hard enough for the win

Wigan - Won 2 nil and was in complete control of the game. Made a nice change for once

Chelsea - Great result, good game, well done

Newcastle - Rode our luck and got the win. Unconvincing

Blackpool - Very lucky with a couple of goals that really should not of being and they had a good goal ruled out.

Arsenal - Game over after Boyata dived in. Should of started with a more experienced defender

Wolves - Depressing. :-( Think I'll go to St. Andrews and hang out with some students and get smashed this weekend.

Overall half-term grade: C: Roberto must try harder in class. He is a naturally lucky boy who is very popular in class but his application of late has been lazy. He has potential but is not displaying it at present.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby s1ty m » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:21 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:My "half-term" report on Mancini so far...

Spurs - Got battered - and we got lucky to get a draw

Liverpool - We had 3 shots on goal and 3 goals. Good result but I doubt we could do that again

Sunderland - Lost 1 nil and never got going in the second half at all

Blackburn - Drew good saves from Robinson but we never pushed hard enough for the win

Wigan - Won 2 nil and was in complete control of the game. Made a nice change for once

Chelsea - Great result, good game, well done

Newcastle - Rode our luck and got the win. Unconvincing

Blackpool - Very lucky with a couple of goals that really should not of being and they had a good goal ruled out.

Arsenal - Game over after Boyata dived in. Should of started with a more experienced defender

Wolves - Depressing. :-( Think I'll go to St. Andrews and hang out with some students and get smashed this weekend.

Overall half-term grade: C: Roberto must try harder in class. He is a naturally lucky boy who is very popular in class but his application of late has been lazy. He has potential but is not displaying it at present.

A tad generous. He gets a D- from me.
s1ty m

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum