Players out partying again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Players out partying again

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:18 pm

There's nowt wrong with drinking as a professional athlete but not heavily on a regular basis. The problem here is that they seem to be acting like spoilt stars living the high-life while the majority of people that support them are skrimping and scraping to get to a match or 2; or that is how it's being portrayed.

So, the moral of the story is, 'Do it, but just don't get caught'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:26 pm

trout man wrote:
Kladze wrote:
trout man wrote:
Kladze wrote:Whole thing makes me puke.

I agree with Dazby

dazby wrote:I will make my point in every one of these threads. There is NO excuse for a modern footballer to drink alcohol. An Olympic athlete wouldn't do it. A footballer is no different.

I agree that the stasi should not have been decommissioned, and how dare any man who plays for our club have a drink or a cigarette...do gooders, particularly those who tell other people whats bad or good for them drive me feckin nuts, I always wonder what their agenda is. Do they do it to feel superior or to make themselves feel better or is it just that they really want to help people because they know the poor souls are incapable of helping themselves...answers on a postcard please.

What the fuck are you on about?

They are PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES earning £1/2 million every month ......... temperance should be a minimum requirement.

Why do you feel that temperance should be a minimum requirement, is it because you fear for their welfare and health, the club and their ability to play or are you just a free presbyterian missionary trying to 'convert' the natives to your RIGHT way of thinking? I'm genuinely intrigued by your motives...

ps maybe teachers, policemen, heart surgeons, etc should not have a drink or a smoke it might interfere with their essential contribution to the collective...and that would never do..would it?

Is Barry not slow enough already? You think it'll help keep his pace at its optimum if he gets pissed at weekend as well?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:There's nowt wrong with drinking as a professional athlete but not heavily on a regular basis. The problem here is that they seem to be acting like spoilt stars living the high-life while the majority of people that support them are skrimping and scraping to get to a match or 2; or that is how it's being portrayed.

So, the moral of the story is, 'Do it, but just don't get caught'.

Or...

'Get a polite warning from your boss about doing it too often, do it again straight away anyway, allow yourself to get filmed doing it, don't expect to be in the team on Saturday' in Johnson's case.

Priorities. I'm not arsed about anyone having a drink. I'm just a bit dismayed that Johnson knows it's hindering his attempts to get into the team on a weekly basis but he's going doing it anyway (and, yes, getting caught). How badly does he want to achieve?

Also, he's not 'having a few' in the video, he's completely off his tits. Won't hold it against him, but he might want to have a think about what he's doing. From a professional's point of view, there's no moving upwards if you leave City these days.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:36 pm

I thought that was funny as fuck! Gareth Barry taking about 10 minutes to think of two sentences. Joe Hart in the wife beater. Johnson was just fucked out of his face!

"Mr Johnson! Mr Barry!" haha posh fuckin student twats!

As long as there not out raping girls or missing drug tests then I personally don't think there's anything wrong with having a drink.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ashton287 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Hope AJ fucked the little blonde one. All i have to say on the matter.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ruralblue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Got to agree with Dazby to a certain degree, get paid that amount of money and top of their game they shouldn't do it. Though I am not going to begrudge them A beer or two. Though they don't seem to get the cut off point and get trashed. As for who ever commented about police, Dr's etc does that mean anyone in a social capacity job shouldn't be allowed a beer?, half the folk I work with are piss heads and have the resposibility over peoples live but no one drinks at work.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Mecca - how could you resist???

Disclaimer: This isn't against any kill-joys telling those young lads (and elders) to squander their lives just on football and never be allowed to taste some of the realities of life, but a personal view of people being allowed to grow and nurture their own intrinsic values.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Mecca - how could you resist???

Disclaimer: This isn't against any kill-joys telling those young lads (and elders) to squander their lives just on football and never be allowed to taste some of the realities of life, but a personal view of people being allowed to grow and nurture their own intrinsic values.

I thought that was a picture of our new stadium!
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Mecca - how could you resist???

Can one not taste the realities of life without having ten pints of realities followed by downing neat shots of 80% proof realities, until out of one's tiny mind on the realities at 2.30 AM, when the manager has expessed a strong message suggesting it's ok in moderation but not good at all in excess, just the week before? Even if it's just out of showing respect for a bloke who's done more in football than all the aformentioned reality tasters put together?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:15 pm

ruralblue wrote:Got to agree with Dazby to a certain degree, get paid that amount of money and top of their game they shouldn't do it. Though I am not going to begrudge them A beer or two. Though they don't seem to get the cut off point and get trashed. As for who ever commented about police, Dr's etc does that mean anyone in a social capacity job shouldn't be allowed a beer?, half the folk I work with are piss heads and have the resposibility over peoples live but no one drinks at work.

Neither did they. They got pissed on Monday night with their next game on the weekend, so with most of the week to get the alcohol away from their system completely.

I know they are pros and they ideally shouldn't do it but I am not too bothered by it as long as they don't do it close to a game. I have to say, though, that Hart and AJ seem a bit too happy to get pissed as for both it's the second time in just a couple weeks if I'm not mistaken.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blue2 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Set of embarassing bigtime charlies- fuclin brainless
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:39 pm

There's no 'values' where Stella is involved!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:45 pm

broken britain.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:05 pm

The most embarrassing aspect of all this is obviously the fact our players are total lightweights.
The Man In Blue

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:10 pm

v poor do
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:16 pm

I reckon they are all sober and taking the piss.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:39 am

I'm hearing from sources around the club that this was a PR stunt in order to get more of the lazy scrounging students out of their dorms and into the stadium. Apparently they are planning a huge 'Love-In' and 'Free Beer and Snacks' night in the stadium where they get hundreds of sofa's on the pitch and let them bring their own 'Shit'. What they don't know is that we all get to watch from the stands when the Lions are released - last Bong standing wins.

Pass the word, and the popcorn. Should be a good event.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Esky » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:41 am

There's a second video where Hart shouted 'I am a golden God' from the roof before jumping into the pool. It hasn't been leaked to the press yet though.

By the way, that Bosvelt story first time round was one of the strangest things I've read on here.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:08 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Adam Johnson is getting abit of a reputation for this now isn't he, that and the fact that he's acting like a big time charlie on the pitch and i would bring him royally right back down to earth. Join the EDS for a few weeks Adam.

I'd even be tempted to pay Given for a few games aswell but then he too was involved in this.

Certainly seems that AJ is a problem doesnt it. It will be interesting to see how selection goes for him in the next few weeks.

I'd test them all for alcohol intake before each training session.

My understanding is that most football clubs do saliva tests at training, on a very regular basis.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wooders » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:26 pm

I have to agree with the general sentiment on this thread, that it looked like the shittest party on gods green earth - what were you thinking lads?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum