Yaya vs. Milner vs. Kompany

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Yaya vs. Milner vs. Kompany

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Anyone else see these two laying into each other verbally around 35-40 mins into the game and then again just before half time?

They were really pissed off with each other and De Jong went over to Yaya and told him to concentrate on the bloody game as he was ignoring the fact the ball was in play.

Looked more than just a professional disagreement; there seemed to be some bad blood between the two of them.
Last edited by MaineRoadMemories on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: Yaya vs. Milner

Postby King Kev » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:40 pm

I reckon Milner (won fuck all) should show some respect to Yaya (won La Liga twice, and Champions League amongst others) and be thankful he is allowed to play in the same team as him.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:43 pm

I reckon they should buy each other a mineral water and get on with their jobs.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:43 pm

King Kev wrote:I reckon Milner (won fuck all) should show some respect to Yaya (won La Liga twice, and Champions League amongst others) and be thankful he is allowed to play in the same team as him.
#

Yaya has been piss poor recently. He just stands there and huffs and puffs like a 70 year old. I'm not impressed at all despite his champions league medals. Milner hasn't played well either; would like to know what they were moaning about.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby aaron bond » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:56 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
King Kev wrote:I reckon Milner (won fuck all) should show some respect to Yaya (won La Liga twice, and Champions League amongst others) and be thankful he is allowed to play in the same team as him.
#

Yaya has been piss poor recently. He just stands there and huffs and puffs like a 70 year old. I'm not impressed at all despite his champions league medals. Milner hasn't played well either; would like to know what they were moaning about.

I didn't see the incident you were referring to you but I agree about Yaya. I think he's pretty much useless for us this season. He looks completely unfit and in my opinion has been the worst performer of the new signings by a long shot.

Milner hasn't been great also, but I see more effort from him than I do from Yaya most of the time.

I think Milner should be played in a more central role - he's not a winger. I think Yaya should be benched - he's done nothing to impress me so far this season. If he's as good as his medals suggest, he'll find his way back into the team eventually.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:02 pm

I reckon they were arguing over who should get the crown for being shitter today.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Didn't see it but I'm sure it was nothing. Me and my mates fall out all the time when we play if things aren't going well. I'm sure you'll have experienced this too. Let's not do the job of the Fleet Street munes for them.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Dameerto wrote:I reckon they should buy each other a mineral water and get on with their jobs.

That.
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:21 pm

They basically were arguing over the fact that noone picked up Arshavin and instead were in the same part of the pitch. I think it was Yaya more out of position than Milner. But I have no problem in them arguing over it, as long as it ends there and they move on. Shows they actually give a shit
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Milner today as he put a great shift in plus 2 great through balls which gave Micah and Silva one on one chances.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby jonrambo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:26 am

neeeds to be played in the center to get the best out of him - he's no better than ricky holden on the wing
jonrambo
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:11 am

Blue Blood wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I reckon they should buy each other a mineral water and get on with their jobs.

That.

Yeah, dameerto said it all. Though I'm sure as well that it was nothing.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby thegoatfeeder » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:58 am

Yaya is really starting to piss me off since he looks totally disinterested, Barry and Milner may not have been sensational of late but both of them give it everything they have got and don't stop running for 90 mins, I noticed that Milner was last off the pitch with De Jong yesterday going round applauding all sides of the ground I can't help but like the guy. Whereas Toure has looked lazy, unmotivated, and distinctly average.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Milner, hard working and Yaya wasnt on his wave length. Hes starting to piss me off (yaya). He must be unfit recently as he strolls around like he doesnt give a fuck. What happened to his early performances?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Yaya has to get used to the prem and the way his team mates play. If teams sit off us like they did in the first few games then Yaya will excel, if teams are more used to getting stuck in he has some learning to do, quite a lot.

Milner, as only Doug has bothered to say it, is getting better imo, two cracking through balls and some decent interplay from him yesterday.

Back to Yaya, i wouldn't worry too much about him, he will get used to it and has the right character, may have to be patient though, he came from Barca who usually get everything their own way but are suspect as hell if you get stuck into their forward midfield line.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:04 pm

I reckon Milner will be one of my fave players come the end of the season. Cut from the same cloth as Tevez.
The Man In Blue

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:49 pm

Yaya vs Milner oh please......Milner is good but Yaya is years above him. Lets give the big man a year in the league people. How long has Milner been playing in this league? There is no comparison.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:08 pm

I seen the incident and noticed Milner was pointing to Yaya's positioning, looking like he was talking about his covering play and how Milner had to come across from the left wing to get the ball away.

Yaya looks out of sorts and continually looks knackered and slow after the 1st 30 mins, which is understandable for such a big lad having to help Carlos up-front as well as cover the defence; he's just not used to it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:17 pm

G. Neville has won the Champions League. That means fuck all when it comes to respect.
With regards to the incident, I'm proud of Milner for sticking up for himself or telling a fellow player where he was going wrong. There's nothing wrong with that at all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Not many city players rouse me to abuse during a game. Even when I was fed up with Nige I used to grin when others were screaming at him. But Ya Ya has had a few tasty mouthfuls from me this season, not literally obviously.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum