Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:53 am

Manchester City and Chelsea working overtime to poach 15-year old 'new Ronaldo' from Sporting LisbonManchester City and Chelsea are trying to persuade 15-year-old Portuguese sensation Bruma to snub Sporting Lisbon and move to England.
The winger - inevitably likened to Cristiano Ronaldo - cannot sign a professional contract until he turns 16 on Sunday.
Sporting expect him to stay on after bringing him through the ranks and would put a £17.6million release clause on the contract despite his young age.
However, City and Chelsea representatives are working hard to turn his head.
Bruma - full name Armindo Gangna - is tipped to be the next big thing after Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani’s emergence from Sporting.
He impressed playing alongside professionals more than three years his senior earlier this month, scoring twice in three Portugal Under 19 internationals.
City are said to be offering the teenager £220,000 just as a signing bonus, while a home, cars and work for his family would also be made available.
Tottenham were linked with Bruma in the summer, when Roman Pavlyuchenko was tipped to move in the opposite direction, but the Russia striker was not keen on the move.

Lazio defender Stefan Radu is wanted by Manchester City, according to a claim from his agent.A
gent Victor Becali claims the ambitious Premier League club have already tabled an offer for the 23-year-old Romania international.
"Stefan has another two years on his contract with Lazio but there is a valid offer from Manchester City," he said.
"Coach Roberto Mancini knows the Italian championship and Radu, and when City played in Timisoara in the Europa League, Mancini met my brother."
Radu joined Lazio from Dinamo Bucharest in 2008 and has been capped nine times by Romania.

Shrek Shite
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has rubber-stamped a deal to take Wayne Rooney to Stamford Bridge, making him one of the world's richest players. Abramovich could compete with Manchester City's £250,000-a-week package for the Manchester United striker but might offer only £20m for him.Daily Mail

Rooney should not move across town, say Man City fans
MANCHESTER, Oct 20 (Reuters) - Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United but fans of big-spending rivals Manchester City are unlikely to lay down the welcome mat for the England striker at Eastlands.
City, thanks to their mega-rich owners, are one of few clubs in the world with deep enough resources to buy Rooney, or afford his wages.
City coach Roberto Mancini said he has had no contact with United about bringing their unsettled forward across to the blue half of the city and many fans are hoping it stays that way.
"We don't need to spend anymore, we need this team to settle," Jacqui Grant, who was shopping in central Manchester wearing a City sweatshirt, told Reuters on Wednesday.
The world's richest club have spent more than 300 million pounds ($471.7 million) building a team since being taken over two years ago, bringing in the likes of forwards Emmanuel Adebayor, David Silva and ex-United striker Carlos Tevez.
"Rooney shouldn't come to City, we got away with it with Tevez, but this could cause a lot of trouble, a lot of unrest in the city of Manchester," added Grant.
"I don't like him as a guy, he can't play at the moment, he had a bad World Cup, he's not going to help us."
Her 16-year-old daughter Beth is a United fan and even she did not want Rooney to stay at Old Trafford after a poor start to the season.
"He's rubbish, nobody wants him. He should play in the reserves after saying he wants to leave. I won't be cheering him if he wears the shirt for the first team," she said.
"What's the point in buying an out of form player with personal problems for what will probably end up being a record transfer fee?" said office worker Paul Davis. "We don't want him and we don't need him."
After a miserable World Cup as well as allegations about his private life splashed across the newspapers week after week, Rooney's stock has fallen although his class is not in question after a 34-goal season last year.
"He's not as good a player as last season. He thought he was bigger than the club and that doesn't work here," said Pedro, a United fan who declined to give his second name as he walked past Old Trafford heading for a few pre-match drinks before Wednesday's Champions League match against Bursaspor.
"He has played himself into a transfer that he wanted -- he's been putting in some dreadful performances this year.
"Alex Ferguson is right not to let him get away with it. It all goes a way to explaining our start to the season."
Amid all the talk of Rooney heading for the Old Trafford exit, there were a few fans who think it will not come to that.
"I don't think he will leave," said Samuele Omiecceoli, who had flown from his home in Italy to watch Wednesday's game.
"He will stay at United because many times there have been offers from big clubs like Real Madrid and he hasn't gone."

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/10/04 ... -seredova/

OTHER BOLLOX
Chelsea captain John Terry has invited Rooney to join him at the south-west London outfit after calling him "the best player in the world". Daily Mirror

Rooney is open to the idea of joining Chelsea but the Blues will not go beyond £160,000 a week for the England international. the Sun

Manchester United are lining up Ajax striker Luis Suarez as a replacement for Rooney - if the former Everton star quits Old Trafford. The Red Devils might have to pay £30m for the Uruguay international. talkSPORT

United supporters believe Rooney's thinly veiled criticism of the Glazer family could mark the beginning of the end for the Americans' ownership of the club. the Times (subscription)

Leicester manager Sven-Goran Eriksson hopes to sign Manchester United defender Ritchie de Laet once the 21-year-old Belgian's emergency loan spell at Sheffield United comes to an end. Daily Mail

Roy Hodgson's future as Liverpool manager is on a knife-edge after he conceded he may be powerless to stop striker Fernando Torres from leaving Anfield. Former Reds boss Kenny Dalglish would be ready to step into the breach. the Sun

Gary Megson says he is interested in becoming Middlesbrough's new manager, following the resignation of Gordon Strachan. Megson has twice led West Bromwich Albion to promotion to the Premier League. the Daily Telegraph

Former Chelsea assistant manager Steve Clarke is being lined up to take the same position at Newcastle, replacing Colin Calderwood, who has taken over as Hibernian boss. talkSPORT

Assem Allam, the businessman who has launched a £22m takeover bid for Hull, has told the Tigers they have until Friday to complete a deal with him. the Sun

Premier League clubs have made their junior matches all-ticket to stop their top young talent being poached. the Sun

Aston Villa captain Stiliyan Petrov says the club's new fitness trainer is making him feel like a marathon runner. Villa boss Gerard Houllier has brought in fellow Frenchman Robert Duverne to get his side into shape and Petrov joked: "My next level of fitness is dying." Daily Mirror

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has told defender Jelle van Damme, who says he wants return to parent club Anderlecht on loan because he would like to be with his pregnant wife, that there is no chance of such a deal before January. McCarthy said: "In the meantime it's a case of shutting up and getting on with it." the Sun

QPR co-owner Flavio Briatore says that if his team wins promotion to the Premier League his dream would be to install Marcello Lippi as manager. Not good news for current boss Neil Warnock.
Daily Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby dazby » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:30 am

Shame on the blue mum that let her child grow up red.

Suarez a rag? Perfect. He's definitely rag material. Hope that happens.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:33 am

I see the agents are warming up for the January transfer window. Why do they all say:

"....we have a valid offer from Manchester City...."?

Bollox
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beanieboy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:46 am

if we sign that Bruma kid we must put in his contract that he has to shave his head,...looks like fucking Jacko Nani.
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:35 am

What a mighty fine WAG for a Thursday morning
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Crossie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:26 am

Sven has a little black book, no doubt about it. Along with a fucking hotline

Also is that Portugese dude Nani's brother or what!?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 am

Beanieboy wrote:if we sign that Bruma kid we must put in his contract that he has to shave his head,...looks like fucking Jacko Nani.

I was thinking the same thing (about the resemblance) - they look like brothers.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 am

Whether this is true or not, the bent rules that Platini & his bent mates are bringing in, is likely to cause stockpiling of young players by clubs such as ourselves & it could ruin the careers of some unless feeder clubs or training clubs are set up to accomdate them & give them regular games. Players like this could end up playing in our ( or Chelsea's) reserves when they could be playing in someone else's first team & that will be wrong if it happens.

Perhaps we could sign these kind of players & encourage one of our feeder clubs, like Utd, to take some of them?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Crossie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:10 am

Yea loan them out to Un*ted and Scouse 1 from next season
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:25 am

Dameerto wrote:
Beanieboy wrote:if we sign that Bruma kid we must put in his contract that he has to shave his head,...looks like fucking Jacko Nani.

I was thinking the same thing (about the resemblance) - they look like brothers.

It is Nani.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... isbon.html

That's Bruma
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kladze » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:44 am

dazby wrote:Shame on the blue mum that let her child grow up red.

My son is a rag.

Shit happens when you're a parent of which you have absolutely no control. I'd prefer it if he was a homosexual, knicker wearing, mass murderer but c'est la vie ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby ashton287 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Kladze wrote:

My son is a rag.

Shit happens when you're a parent of which you have absolutely no control. I'd prefer it if he was a homosexual, knicker wearing, mass murderer but c'est la vie ;-)

Get him on jeremy kyle and get it sorted.

Like the way they question a mong wearing a city jumper who has a rag daughter in town and thats the official opinion of the city fans as a whole. Complete bollox.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Whether this is true or not, the bent rules that Platini & his bent mates are bringing in, is likely to cause stockpiling of young players by clubs such as ourselves & it could ruin the careers of some unless feeder clubs or training clubs are set up to accomdate them & give them regular games. Players like this could end up playing in our ( or Chelsea's) reserves when they could be playing in someone else's first team & that will be wrong if it happens.

Perhaps we could sign these kind of players & encourage one of our feeder clubs, like Utd, to take some of them?

That's exactly the worry I have been having about the rules. Something they obviously haven't thought about. Clubs like ourselves will poach all the even remotely promising players around the world and see which one of them make it. Rest will be on their own with no education and no real future career. It's not us or other big boys who will be hurt by this but smaller clubs and/or clubs with lesser resources. And most of all, the kids themselves.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Kladze wrote:

My son is a rag.

how sucking dick, cross-dressing and murder end up in the same profile for you is disturbing. The general sentiment you expressed is very open minded of you tho, so hats off to you.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:46 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Kladze wrote:

My son is a rag.

how sucking dick, cross-dressing and murder end up in the same profile for you is disturbing. The general sentiment you expressed is very open minded of you tho, so hats off to you.

cheers

You'll note that he never reckoned that being a septic was ok...eh Doomie mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Return to The Maine Football forum